UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Sloppy but solid win. Made enough key plays to stay in front when the horn went off.

I'll echo Click...I owe Gattuso an apology (hopefully he doesn't make me retract it next year lol). He's making up for 5 years of ineptitude with a VERY solid 2019 that no one saw coming. Great job by the staff keeping the wins coming and the players for playing their part. No game is perfect, but the key is to have more good plays than bad and we've done that consistently this year. Kudos all around.

6 hours ago, Eli said:

2019-11-16-23-54-28-2019-New-Hampshire-v

giphy.gif

Well, since the video says otherwise and the official box score says old Donovan booted that puppy and I believe what my eyes and ears tell me.....but then again I’ve never played or coached. I mean you can argue that it’s not the dumbest play you’ve ever seen, but come on man. In a critical situation like that he had no business being anywhere near that ball unless he intended to field the punt. And I’m sure Gattuso and the special teams coach would have told him the same thing. 

• Haha 1

So Gattuso has said it was his fault McDonald made that play...cuz McDonald was hurt and shouldn’t have been in the game. OK...so GG is taking the heat....refreshing. Still, he had no business being near that ball, injured or not. And how weak are we as a team if we have no dependable #2 punt returner? I don’t get that.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jimbo said:

Well, since the video says otherwise and the official box score says old Donovan booted that puppy and I believe what my eyes and ears tell me.....but then again I’ve never played or coached. I mean you can argue that it’s not the dumbest play you’ve ever seen, but come on man. In a critical situation like that he had no business being anywhere near that ball unless he intended to field the punt. And I’m sure Gattuso and the special teams coach would have told him the same thing. 

No no no Jimbo. You were 10000% correct. It was Donovan (who Charlie called McNabb 😂). I was poking fun at our favorite forum poster in my post. I checked the box score too and then found the play by play and brought up the moment it happened lol. 

Edited by Eli

23 hours ago, jimbo said:

5 hours ago, Eli said:

No no no Jimbo. You were 10000% correct. It was Donovan (who Charlie called McNabb 😂). I'm making fun of our favorite forum agitator in my post. I checked the box score too and then found the play by play and brought up the moment it happened lol. 

Sorry I was wrong - I was watching on my phone at hunting camp and they we tiny...., I thought it was James.  I agree it was  DUMB play.   MacDonald wasn't in the game as far as I know on any other plays after he got hurt during the long runback.  I did not see him at WR again. 

• Thanks 1

I have a couple of observation on Def.  Obviously we are being heavily scouted as we should be.   When the other team has two WR and run that little swing to the RB or Slot or whomever, Our halfbacks HAVE to do a better job stepping up and defeating the block.   All the teams we play have been running that play the last couple of games or longer.  Our guys are backing off before the ball is snapped and giving up three to five yards before the pass is thrown and then can't beat the block.  Our onside LBs are just fast enough or quick enough to get there. Teams seem to be picking this up pretty well.  I would think they need to get closer to the WRs and be tougher and drive the blocker back closing the running lanes after the ball is caught.  Of course it be more difficult to defend a square and go if one of them is in a pass pattern.  It seems pretty obvious that the HBs have to be better/tougher.  Other teams seem to take us on and stop that play, not sure why we are not doing it.

Also on the great fake plays to a RB; the last three games we have gotten beaten frequently on that. Our LB's seem to sellout inside a LOT and either get blocked or get caught up in traffic and then can't scrap to the outside.  If the onside LB sold out on the fake [the side the QB opens to] and the other LB stayed on the QB we might be able to better defend it.  Of course our LB's are big and tough on the runs inside - of course all LB's do get blocked inside sometimes - but they just seem not fast enough to pursue outside the TE on many plays.  The lack of quickness is one reason they drop deeper to cover inside passes, AND leave to inside underneath uncovered.

6 hours ago, jimbo said:

So Gattuso has said it was his fault McDonald made that play...cuz McDonald was hurt and shouldn’t have been in the game. OK...so GG is taking the heat....refreshing. Still, he had no business being near that ball, injured or not. And how weak are we as a team if we have no dependable #2 punt returner? I don’t get that.  

Absolutely agree - that's why I thought he was not in the game.  I was not able to see post game interviews etc.  James has done pretty well when he has been in there SOMETIMES.  Not real consistent though.

Edited by HOF2013

2 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Absolutely agree - that's why I thought he was not in the game.  I was not able to see post game interviews etc.  James has done pretty well when he has been in there SOMETIMES.  Not real consistent though.

GG was quoted in the newspaper saying it was on him. Hunting camp? Surprised you had a signal at all. 

JU, with experience, will hopefully eliminate some of his risky chances and get rid of the ball a bit quicker to avoid sacks. All that said, for his experience he’s the best we’ve seen in a long time. Good touch, absolute rifle on those quick outs.  This kid could really be something special going forward. Funny how NYC Burns and the guy from Nevada have dropped off the radar. As much as I have griped about GG, I’m truly glad they’ve finally hit on a CAA level QB and happy to see a good RB, WR, QB, TE combo along with a decent OLine. 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 6:02 PM, jimbo said:

GG was quoted in the newspaper saying it was on him. Hunting camp? Surprised you had a signal at all. 

Couldn't get video on my iPad, yes I had it on my stand so I went to the phone and it cam in fine, couldn't xpand it to a larger view.  I never have seen a game on such a tiny screen before.

• Eli changed the title to Game #11: 11/16/19 - 1:00PM vs New Hampshire