UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #3: 11/16/19 - 7PM @ Manhattan

Eli

4 minutes ago, Eli said:

Clark needs to stop bring the ball up the court. Half the time he fires off an ill advised shot without running a single play.

Here is a breakdown of his favorite play:

1) Inbound ball
2) Bring ball up the court
3) Get one screen
4) Shoot bad shot with 20 seconds on the clock
5) Repeat 6-7 more times in the game

3 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

What's the alternative? There is no pg on the roster. Pray for Jojo... Maybe he's something. 

I agree with Click, whats the alternative to him bringing the ball up? Every time I watched someone else handle the press I almost expected a turnover. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dane06grad said:

I agree with Click, whats the alternative to him bringing the ball up? Every time I watched someone else handle the press I almost expected a turnover. 

Exactly... That's a roster construction problem. I know that Jojo was expect to be a relief valve for that but who knows now what to expect. 

Some of these problems start on recruiting trail. Again I sat and watched and wondered what areas are we better in then last year? None that I can see. I don't see any growth from lulka Healey rizzuto or de Sousa... 

10 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

What's the alternative? There is no pg on the roster. Pray for Jojo... Maybe he's something. 

5 minutes ago, Dane06grad said:

IMO Healy. He's also not a PG, but at least Healy will pass to Rizzuto or De Sousa once before he tries to fire a shot. 1 pass > no passes.

Looking at straight analytics and answering my own question. This team at least based on numbers is vastly improved on defense. Last year defensive rating was 108 which is an absolute disaster. This year 98. In two of the first 3 games we have been very good defensively meaning tonight and canisius. In two of the losses we have been a complete disaster on offense. The hardest thing to fix is the defense, offensive flow will come. We've seen them play a good offensive game against canisius so they can do it. 

I'm going to chose to remain patient a little longer and not light myself on fire. You are all welcome... I can't promise to keep my composure forever though. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 2

Went to the game tonight. Their zone D just got killed us. It's like they didn't prepare for it. They couldn't the ball inside, they couldn't find a hole in the zone, they couldn't drive because guys were collapsing on them and rotating to the open man well if our guy kicked it. I can't remember a Will Brown team that was really good against a zone defense. I thought we played good D until late in the second half and I thought Manhattan had some athletic players out there.  I know we should've won but I don't think Manhattan is as bad as you guys think.  They move the ball well on offense.  Have a solid big man #33 and played very tenacious defense.  Still have to win the game wrong. I also thought the refs got a little nuts in the second half with touch fouls.  On to the next one.

Tale of two halves. Clark was outstanding in the first half; 6 or 7 assists no TO's in first half I think. The second half Clark and the TEAM reverted to old ways.  If Jojo is not the answer to spell Clark when in foul trouble, in a funk, or just plain tired, this team is in trouble. Healy, Rizzuto, and Malachi [and I love them all] are NOT POINT GUARDS!  Not even close, it is unfair to even put any of them in that position for more than a couple minutes .If Jojo can't be minimally a reliable back-up then, I guess it is wait until next year when the stud from West Genesse arrives. In the P&G scrimmage, Carter the walk-on from Rochester looked very good. IMHO give him a chance, because Clark is Clark and will be GOOD & BAD; and no one I've seen in the past two seasons can be a competent backup. 

For those saying, its early, don't panic, don't light my pants unfire; I say tell me someone on this team who besides Clark {when he ON} can play the point.

Edited by dslyank

I'm glad I missed watching this game based on the comments. I went to the movies with the wife and we were winning 15-4 when I turned it off. 

After the movie my wife asked: how many down years in a row do you need until the message board mob starts calling for WB's head the way it calls for GGs head? 

17 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

I'm glad I missed watching this game based on the comments. I went to the movies with the wife and we were winning 15-4 when I turned it off. 

After the movie my wife asked: how many down years in a row do you need until the message board mob starts calling for WB's head the way it calls for GGs head? 

I’m already there 

• Sad 1

WB has earned a lifetime contract as far as I'm concerned. But, his AD is failing him by not giving him the resources and facilities to continue to out recruit other AE schools. 

That being said, we don't have a single PG in the rotation. Even Clark is not a PG and needs to play off the ball 100% of the time. And Clark is 'off' far more than he is 'on' IMO. I'm tired of hearing you guys make excuses for him. 'We have no one else so Clark is the only option'. Clark and Healey are similarly sized and to bring the ball up the court either could be used. But I'd bet money that Healey would pass to a teammate once he crossed half court 99.8% of the time. I'll say it now, but I can't wait for Clark to graduate. Can't stand me me me players like him who's only desire is to get his. For every half where he was 5 assists, he has 10 halves where has 5 turnovers instead. Guy is not a winner. Wish Brown would stop bringing in kids like him and Nichols. 

I agree on the Carter comment. I mentioned this to Click a few days ago...he was killing it in the scrimmage. Were we just bad that day and it made him look good? Can't believe he can't find the floor. Was told Brown sees him every day and obviously he's not good...so how do we explain the scrimmage? Clark must look amazing in practice. 

/rant, don't care if I'm alone on any of that

Edited by Eli

5 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Maybe this has been addressed and if so I apologize , but has anyone else seen Brown in a tie this season.  I know he hates them and has not worn them in the past. I wonder if the administration has gotten on him or is it something else.  

He said his wife made him do it in a quote from an article online that I saw.  He said if they lost game 2 he would've stopped wearing it.

• Like 1

• Eli changed the title to Game #3: 11/16/19 - 7PM @ Manhattan