UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #12: 11/23/19 - 2:00PM @ Stony Brook [Regular Season Finale]

Last Up: W (24-17) vs New Hampshire
Next Up: @ Stony Brook (5-6, 2-5 CAA, losers of 3 straight and 1-5 in their last 6)
Time/Date: 11/23/19 @ 2:00PM EST
TV/Streaming: FloSports ($7.99/mo)
Local Radio: TBD

Another solid win albeit just a bit sloppy. Team stayed together, made enough plays and the coaches called enough good plays to keep it going. Kudos to all involved!

Up next is a not-so-good Stony Brook team who will try to prevent UAlbany from it's first playoff birth after moving to the CAA (assuming committee doesn't screw us). HUGE GAME!

2019-11-10-20-09-27-UAlbany-CAA-Stats-Co

Losses are to Monmouth.....currently 9-2 and leading Big South....and we went to OT.

Central Michigan is 7-4, leading the MAC West...and we made a decent showing.

Maine and Richmond. While they seem to be having off years, they are both 4-3 in conference.  

I’m sure SBU would love to return the favor from last year. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

I’m sure SBU would love to return the favor from last year

Except we beat them and brook still got a bid. Same thing a few years ago, we beat hampshire and they got a bid and UA did not. Can not trust committee and IMHO caa administrators do nothing to promote UA. If brook upsets UA [and they WILL NOT] caa would be very happy to see UA not get a bid. Make them look bad if team predicted to finish last gets a bid. Tell me I'm wrong OK; I've never had any love for the move to the caa. Anyhow, we win next week, and my argument is mute; cannot keep us out then.

Edited by dslyank

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Except we beat them and brook still got a bid. Same thing a few years ago, we beat hampshire and they got a bid and UA did not. Can not trust committee and IMHO caa administrators do nothing to promote UA. If brook upsets UA [and they WILL NOT] caa would be very happy to see UA not get a bid. Make them look bad if team predicted to finish last gets a bid. Tell me I'm wrong OK; I've never had any love for the move to the caa. Anyhow, we win next week, and my argument is mute; cannot keep us out then.

This a weird post.  

35 minutes ago, UAlbany09 said:

Get to the playoffs, keep that Golden Apple. Does the Across The Street Pub usually show UAlbany football games? Or do they refuse to get FloSports as well?

I don't think so. Will check this week.

Won't help a playoff bid that we're last in the league in attendance, by 2000/game to Rhode Island

3 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

I don't think so. Will check this week.

Won't help a playoff bid that we're last in the league in attendance, by 2000/game to Rhode Island

But not much can be done this year about attendance.  Hopefully we win and all that changes some next season and going forward.  Undercuffler being a RS Freshman helps.  Three more years to go.  Going after some really good JUCO WR to help next year.  BTW, someone said teams have to pay for first round home games so I'm not sure getting a playoff bid actually has a lot to do with that.  At least I hope not.  I would think that has more to do with performance, schedule and wins.

Edited by HOF2013

22 hours ago, Dane96 said:

This a weird post.  

You are right this is a weird post; maybe I'm being a little paranoid how the ncaa will find a way to screu UA again. To clarify, last year UA beats brook on a last second field goal, supposedly knocking brook out of the playoffs. brook gets the bid anyhow, as if the UA victory mattered not. The first year under G, UA beats hampshire on the last game of the year {and if I remember correctly, beats them handily.} Both teams finish 7-4 hampshire gets a bid {along with 3 other caa's} and UA NOT. Weird post sure, but I could go on and on with ncaa slights against UA teams over the years in all levels and all sports.  Don't even get me started I was at the DIII ncaa opening round in LeMoyne when UA got killed in the first game (I forget by whom) and the LeMoyne coach who was on the selection committee said it was a mistake even putting UA in the tournament. Never even got an apology when UA upset LeMoyne in the consolation game. (yes in DIII days 1973ish, actually played consolation games in ncaa events and above is true as my memory allows.) Not to be too weird and ramble but many similar UA slights over the years.

1969. 109-64 to Wagner, then down 20 to LeMoyne before rallying for a 71-70 win. But stop before somebody says OK Boomer.

As for this year, a screwing wouldn’t surprise me if they have ANY excuse. So don’t give them one.

Early extended forecast is no rain and temp in the 40s

2 hours ago, dslyank said:

You are right this is a weird post; maybe I'm being a little paranoid how the ncaa will find a way to screu UA again. To clarify, last year UA beats brook on a last second field goal, supposedly knocking brook out of the playoffs. brook gets the bid anyhow, as if the UA victory mattered not. The first year under G, UA beats hampshire on the last game of the year {and if I remember correctly, beats them handily.} Both teams finish 7-4 hampshire gets a bid {along with 3 other caa's} and UA NOT. Weird post sure, but I could go on and on with ncaa slights against UA teams over the years in all levels and all sports.  Don't even get me started I was at the DIII ncaa opening round in LeMoyne when UA got killed in the first game (I forget by whom) and the LeMoyne coach who was on the selection committee said it was a mistake even putting UA in the tournament. Never even got an apology when UA upset LeMoyne in the consolation game. (yes in DIII days 1973ish, actually played consolation games in ncaa events and above is true as my memory allows.) Not to be too weird and ramble but many similar UA slights over the years.

Another example:  1980-81 basketball team goes up to Potsdam and beats them in OT in SUNYAC championship game.  SUNYAC champs always gets to host NCAA  1st round regional and for some reason NCAA let's Potsdam host.  Lose to Potsdam in OT in regional final.  Could have been different result in University Gym.  

P.S.  Potsdam won National Championship that season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Still not in the top 25 in the AGS and Coaches’ polls. Waiting on the STATS poll. Towson around 20, Monmouth top 15. :huh:

If we beat SBU, then I think JMU, UA, and Villanova get bids.  Last season the CAA got in 6 teams and no one made it past the 2nd round, not a great showing.  Maine did make it to the semis and JMU won a 1st round game but was against Delaware causing a CAA team to make the 2nd round either way.

Edited by nysteve661

• Eli changed the title to Game #12: 11/23/19 - 2:00PM @ Stony Brook [Regular Season Finale]