UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #5: 11/22/19 - 7:30PM @ Quinnipiac (Bobcats Invitational)

Eli

Listen. I get we're all upset but some of these posts are crazy. Ya'll are lighting yourselves on fire with muster!

If we are 2-10 when OOC ends, then I will panic. We are historically average in OOC:

2008-2009: 8-5
2009-2010: 5-10
2010-2011: 7-8
2011-2012: 9-6
2012-2013: 12-3
2013-2014: 6-7
2014-2015: 6-7
2015-2016: 11-4
2016-2017: 9-6
2017-2018: 12-3
2018-2019: 5-10

Season is still very young. Talk to me at the end of December.

*takes gas cans and matches away from the mob*

3 minutes ago, Eli said:

Listen. I get we're all upset but some of these posts are crazy. Ya'll are lighting yourselves on fire with muster!

If we are 2-10 when OOC ends, then I will panic. We are historically average in OOC:

Yeah I'm sure for you it's all about conference... Why even bother with ooc play right? Who fault is it that he can't muster a d1 team for half the season? Maybe we'll get a discount on the ooc portion of season tickets. 

9 minutes ago, Eli said:

I agree.  5 games in and it has not been good.  Brown and staff have to figure out the zone and have to figure out how to get these kids to play harder and better on defense. 

2 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

I agree.  5 games in and it has not been good.  Brown and staff have to figure out the zone and have to figure out how to get these kids to play harder and better on defense. 

There are serious issues on both sides of the ball. Need more jucos... That's the answer. This is a mess that started on recruiting trail. To many kids that can't play, can't get better with limited ceiling... Coaching staff unable to develop them... 

Two years and we don't have a pg... Who's fault is that? 

Edited by Clickclack

24 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

If the boxscore is any indication, Hank was 4 of 5 for 8 pts and 7 boards.  I would say he has improved over last season.  But that says alot about the lack of improvement of the rest of the team.

Hank only does things he's capable of.

Hansen is trying to do things he's not capable of. At least right now. That negates some of the good things he does on defense.

At some point, we'll hopefully figure out that our good offensive possessions are the ones where we're patient and run through our sets. The bad ones are the ones where we run around like a headless chicken and chuck up ill-advised threes.

Edited by Dane Pound

1 hour ago, Clickclack said:

Scary thing is clearly brown has no answer... There is no help... Better hope lulka can help and Jojo is a division 1 player. Honestly considering our success with jucos... Jojo is another hope that will fail. 

JoJo is not a JUCO. Played 2 seasons at Northern Arizona of the Big Sky, then sat out a season at Nevada. Very different than a JUCO. He should be a big help when he comes back if the injury doesn't hurt his athleticism. 

The big problem right now is that no one on the team can hit a shot if the rim was twice the size. I have the gas can in my hand, but at the same time, it's not too far fetched to see them put it together. Q was unconscious tonight from deep. Hitting 3's that were 10 feet behind the arc. I actually didn't think the D was that bad, but when a team is that hot, even great D will look horrid in the stat sheet.

The offense is the problem right now. I was watching while bowling. I kept saying "watch this they will pass twice and shoot and miss a three" and then it would happen. A good portion of them were open, so I can't even complain about the shot selection, it just would have been better had they run the play and found a better one.

Let Healy get his first 3 to keep the streak alive, then make the statement no one shoots a three or they sit. Get back to driving to the hoop and getting to the line. A few games of that, then we can start selectively shooting from deep. 

Hutch with 11 and 5 today... Only bright spot with Hanks. Rizzuto blows, de Sousa garbage, Lauderdale trash, Hansen unplayable. 

I'd start Clark Healey Hutcheson and if we had lulka and Hanks...Lauderdale off the bench and a few minutes for rizzuto and see if de Sousa gives you a few OK minutes. Otherwise shorten rotation and hope they get some rhythm together. When Jojo is back sit Clark and bring him off the bench as a backup guard. 

I'm honestly shocked how horrible de Sousa and rizzuto have been. Guy looks like he's ready to go fight fires full time. 

Not ready to join any Brown bashing. He has earned trust. Disappointed with the start, and how the team has played, but the season isn't lost. 

Look at the 14-15 team. That team started 2-6, and had a total non conference record of 5-7. That team went 15-1 in conference. It wasn't constructed that differently than this team. 

I'm not saying this team shows any signs of being that team, or that there is reason to believe they will, but they can't continue to shoot this cold, and opponents won't shoot that hot. I think the talent is there, it's just not clicking.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DanesRGood said:

This game was worse that the colonoscopy I had today. 

Maybe we all need the drugs they give you (at least for the couple I’ve had). Participate, but can’t remember anything about it when it’s over. Sort of like that “Men in Black” forget what you just saw thingy. 

Hope everything came out all right......🤣🤣

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Not ready to join any Brown bashing. He has earned trust. Disappointed with the start, and how the team has played, but the season isn't lost. 

Look at the 14-15 team. That team started 2-6, and had a total non conference record of 5-7. That team went 15-1 in conference. It wasn't constructed that differently than this team. 

I'm not saying this team shows any signs of being that team, or that there is reason to believe they will, but they can't continue to shoot this cold, and opponents won't shoot that hot. I think the talent is there, it's just not clicking.

Clearly the team is a mess 5 games in. They had a head start to their season with the Canada trip and somehow look even more lost. 

On a side note, they’ve turned what was once a home court advantage in the far baseline bleachers into a makeshift extension of a hospitality area. Someone said they were just broken last season, but I guess attendance numbers were so bad they didn’t even bother.

1 hour ago, UA'08 said:

Clearly the team is a mess 5 games in. They had a head start to their season with the Canada trip and somehow look even more lost. 

On a side note, they’ve turned what was once a home court advantage in the far baseline bleachers into a makeshift extension of a hospitality area. Someone said they were just broken last season, but I guess attendance numbers were so bad they didn’t even bother.

Our attendance is pathetic. It'll never improve. We won't ever need more than a 4000 seat arena. Fans in this area suck. 

• Eli changed the title to Game #5: 11/22/19 - 7:30PM @ Quinnipiac (Bobcats Invitational)