UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #7: 11/24/19 - 1:00PM vs Presbyterian (Bobcats Invitational)

Eli

2 minutes ago, Eli said:

We could just as easily been 0-3. So, yes, bad weekend. Quinnipiac is more or less our level, but these other two teams? Should have been 10+ point wins if we could get our **** together.

Sorry guys a win is a win. Sacred Heart is pretty good and we beat them. Sorry we didn't beat Pres by enough to make you guys happy.  And Q went bonkers from 3.  Am I happy about the weekend, not really but it wasn't a disaster. Everyone needs to relax a little. (puts on flame retardant suit and hides in corner)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

2-1 and a bad weekend.  You're harsh. haha. 

Blown to smithereens by q and then sweated it out with some uninspired play against drags of d1. For a team expected to compete for top 3 spot in ae. Yeah, this l was a brutal weekend. Could have been worse but not by much. 

Maybe when lulka jojo and Shafer return the dynamic of team will change because right now it's a mess. Key guys like rizzuto and de Sousa are absolutely awful... Clark giveth and taketh away..today he didn't give it away... Bigs are all zeros. Objectively this is an awful team. Let's face... Still a long way to go but not good. 

Edited by Clickclack

4 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Blown to smithereens by q and then sweated it out with some uninspired play against drags of d1. For a team expected to compete for top 3 spot in ae. Yeah, this l was a brutal weekend. Could have been worse but not by much. 

You in the Sacred Heart thread: "Looking at analytics... Sacred heart is a decent team. This is another double digit loss tomorrow."

Now they are the "drags of d1".

We will see as the season progresses but I don't think this weekend was a disaster. As I said, not great but I'll take 2-1. Wasn't expecting 3-0. Q is not a bad team and neither is SHU, you said it yourself. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

You in the Sacred Heart thread: "Looking at analytics... Sacred heart is a decent team. This is another double digit loss tomorrow."

Now they are the "drags of d1".

We will see as the season progresses but I don't think this weekend was a disaster. As I said, not great but I'll take 2-1. Wasn't expecting 3-0. Q is not a bad team and neither is SHU, you said it yourself. 

Fair point on shu...fair enough... Still a team in the 200s, Drags? Maybe not but not much better. Today  300+ and they are down 3 with 3 minutes to go. Not sure why you are giving them a pass for q... Q was a 250+ ranked team? And they got their doors blown off... Yeah I know it happens... To this program. Vermont beats them by 30. They folded, didn't even compete... You go ahead and celebrated 2-1...3-3 against one of the worst schedules in the ae. 

I'm not saying quit on season but let's not pretend this team hasn't been brutal. 

Edited by Clickclack

2 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Fair point on shu...fair enough... Still a team in the 200s, Drags? Maybe not but not much better. Today  300+ and they are down 3 with 3 minutes to go. Not sure why you are giving them a pass for q... Q was a 250+ ranked team? And they got their doors blown off... Yeah I know it happens... To this program. Vermont beats them by 30. They folded, didn't even compete... You go ahead and celebrated 2-1...3-3 against one of the worst schedules in the ae. 

No one is celebrating! Me a few posts ago: "Am I happy about the weekend, not really but it wasn't a disaster." That is my point. I'm not ready to pack it in for the season just yet. The start of this season has not been good at all and as referenced here many times, haven't seen improvement in some of the key players and Clark is the same mediocre PG he was last year. The season is still young and they can improve. Not sure why it takes them time to figure it out during the season but it seems to happen a lot with Brown teams. We will see!

4 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

No one is celebrating! Me a few posts ago: "Am I happy about the weekend, not really but it wasn't a disaster." That is my point. I'm not ready to pack it in for the season just yet. The start of this season has not been good at all and as referenced here many times, haven't seen improvement in some of the key players and Clark is the same mediocre PG he was last year. The season is still young and they can improve. Not sure why it takes them time to figure it out during the season but it seems to happen a lot with Brown teams. We will see!

We'll have to agree to disagree on wording... Disaster or not... This team has been far worse this season then I imagined. Many players have shown zero progress which has me questioning the programs ability to field competitive teams. I'm disappointed as usual that half of the roster and many jucos are useless d1 bodies... I have many times derided the recruitment strategy of this staff... I simply don't understand why they recruit this huge volume of non-d1 players and then we all complain about lack of depth, talent etc. I can't stand that even after a summer trip this team is COMPLETELY unprepared for season and this happens almost every year... The ooc part of the schedule is ALWAYS dismissed as unimportant which reads like a license to halfass 50% of the games. Just tired that this program is just flat out mediocre... 

18 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

We'll have to agree to disagree on wording... Disaster or not... This team has been far worse this season then I imagined. Many players have shown zero progress which has me questioning the programs ability to field competitive teams. I'm disappointed as usual that half of the roster and many jucos are useless d1 bodies... I have many times derided the recruitment strategy of this staff... I simply don't understand why they recruit this huge volume of non-d1 players and then we all complain about lack of depth, talent etc. I can't stand that even after a summer trip this team is COMPLETELY unprepared for season and this happens almost every year... The ooc part of the schedule is ALWAYS dismissed as unimportant which reads like a license to halfass 50% of the games. Just tired that this program is just flat out mediocre... 

You are correct. Disagree on wording.

Although I also disagree with flat out mediocre.  We've had 3 losing seasons and 2 .500 seasons in 15 years and 5 championships. Yeah, it's not going well right now and sadly I don't feel like we are on the upswing.  I do agree that the juco strategy has not worked out the past few years but it sure did for 3 years before that. I wish we could recruit great players every year but there aren't that many that do. I have confidence Brown will turn it back around like he did after 2007 through 2011 seasons. Lots of misses on recruits those years too. 

Edited by DanesRGood

5 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

You are correct. Disagree on wording.

Although I also disagree with flat out mediocre.  We've had 3 losing seasons and 2 .500 seasons in 15 years and 5 championships. Yeah, it's not going well right now and sadly I don't feel like we are NOT on the upswing.  I do agree that the juco strategy has not worked out the past few years but it sure did for 3 years before that. I wish we could recruit great players every year but there aren't that many that do. I have confidence Brown will turn it back around like he did after 2007 through 2011 seasons. Lots of misses on recruits those years too. 

I probably should post far less... And stay away. I have nothing good or constructive to say.. Just very disappointed with what I've seen... Bitterly dissappointed. Imo it's that bad... 

There is no joy in watching this program just anguish. I think brown can coach in game and prep but so many of these problems start on recruiting trail and are years in the making. I find myself questioning this staff makeup, to many young guys with no prior experience, development of players is completely stagnant... 

Just down right now is all... This weekend didn't help. 

Edited by Clickclack

4 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

I probably should post far less... And stay away. I have nothing good or constructive to say.. Just very disappointed with what I've seen... Bitterly dissappointed. Imo it's that bad... 

I edited my post by the way.  The NOT wasn't supposed to be there.  I hear ya though man and do agree with a lot of what you say but I just want to watch it play out and see if they can improve before I totally lose my $iena. 

9 minutes ago, Eli said:

I agree on the JUCO's. For every Travis Charles, we have far more Terrel Martin-Garcias. We probably hit on 10% of our JUCOs (or transfers in general).

Go see how many jucos Vermont brings in with worse facilities then ours... Edit... I also mean transfers... Not just jucos but non 4 year kids. 

Let's be fair... Wasted scholarships 80% of the time. That's a high failure rate when half the roster is non 4 year kids. Very hard to overcome. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

I don't fully understand the anti-juco thing. Our last two really good PGs were both Jucos - Singletary and DJ Evans. Two of the starters on our last two NCAA teams were jucos. Some are good, some aren't. I don't know that there's that much difference with four year guys.

Antonio Rizzuto probably can't wait to leave CT. He went into this tournament shooting 7-16 from three and then went 1-14 this weekend. 

My two cents is this : We expected to be an above average D1 team.  I was expecting a 3-5 win improvement this season , due to the fact we are still young.  

HOWEVER through the first 6 games are are a below average team . Not even close to average. Hopefully things change, and there is time, however right now this team has no identity. The worst part about this team is they do nothing well . They dont score, they dont defend, and to me that's our biggest problem.  

• Thanks 1

• Eli changed the title to Game #7: 11/24/19 - 1:00PM vs Presbyterian (Bobcats Invitational)