UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #7: 11/24/19 - 1:00PM vs Presbyterian (Bobcats Invitational)

Eli

2 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

We need to have some faith,  Will and his assistants are working out the kinks. 

I 100 percent have faith, and the season is young . Do I think we can turn it around and be a decent team ? Yes I do. 

I'm just pointing out NOW, we are lost and do nothing right, but I will be at every game I can whether they win or lose to support the program.  

• Like 1

I think being banged up a little has affected us but that’s life at the DI level. 
it appeared there was a lot of expectations with JoJo.  Playing PG when Ahmad needs a break as well as playing with Ahmad. 
I for one didn’t expect Rizzuto to struggle so much from 3. 

it is what it is where 4-3 and struggling mightily. 

By the way Sacred Heart just blasted Quinnipiac!!

• Like 1

3rd game in as many days will level the playing field for teams. Not saying we are FAR superior to Pres, but both teams were probably tired and the legs were heavy. I think that contributed to a close game as well.

Lots of guys seem REALLY disappointed in the season already, lots of negativity. Its early, the team is even for the year and they are still young. I do think they need to start doing some winning, but we should be able to enjoy the games. CB will turn it around, but I think it needs to start with the attitude and toughness of this team. They need to take the attitude of their coach. The same guy who loves walking into hostile gyms in Vermont and Stony Brook and expects to win games against top teams. I think there is enough talent at the guard positions to win consistently, but not with the attitude and toughness they play with right now. Get back to what tis program has done in its best years.

• Like 2

I love Brown and I'm 100% NOT on the 'the coach is the issue' train that some folks here have purchased tickets for.

That being said, I wish he would hold players accountable. I'd be willing to lose an extra game or two for him to bench someone like Ahmad for continuing to chuck when he's 3 for 12. If he's 3 for 12 with 10 minutes left, guess what...either stop shooting and focus on facilitating (or defending, or rebounding, etc.) or you're finishing the game on the bench until you play within the team and what we are trying to do. But no, he keeps these guys out there and they continue to heave up miss after miss.

Take Antonio as an example...he started out 1-7 or 1-8 and said, you know what, this isn't my night...let me do something else. So he found 7 or 8 guys for baskets. 

Am I crazy and asking for too much?

16 minutes ago, Eli said:

I love Brown and I'm 100% NOT on the 'the coach is the issue' train that some folks here have purchased tickets for.

That being said, I wish he would hold players accountable. I'd be willing to lose an extra game or two for him to bench someone like Ahmad for continuing to chuck when he's 3 for 12. If he's 3 for 12 with 10 minutes left, guess what...either stop shooting and focus on facilitating (or defending, or rebounding, etc.) or you're finishing the game on the bench until you play within the team and what we are trying to do. But no, he keeps these guys out there and they continue to heave up miss after miss.

Take Antonio as an example...he started out 1-7 or 1-8 and said, you know what, this isn't my night...let me do something else. So he found 7 or 8 guys for baskets. 

Am I crazy and asking for too much?

When you play as poorly as they have everyone has room to improve. I'm a Will Brown supporter, he's won a lot of games but he's not beyond reproach or some deity here. It's simply unfair to pin it all on the kids as if it's their fault. I know even Will Brown wouldn't do that.he recruits them, he coaches, develops them prepares them. They weren't prepared for Lehigh and got their ass caved in... They were ABSOLUTELY not ready to play against Q and got absolutely wrecked. I'm sorry but that's on him as well. Like others have said... Season is young, we'll get some kids back and maybe things turn around. At minimum need a functional Lulka to do anything inside with back to basket. Right now Lauderdale is on every 4th game and otherwise it's all perimeter... 

I am really shocked that if you take Cam H. out of the equation this team is really struggling shooting the ball - they are shooting just 40% overall, from three they’re shooting 26% and shooting only 66% from the FT line   I didn’t expect that coming into the season.  With that type of offense they are lucky to have won 4 of 7 games so far. Remember the lost one by 4 and one by 6 

• Like 1

• Eli changed the title to Game #7: 11/24/19 - 1:00PM vs Presbyterian (Bobcats Invitational)