UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #13: 11/30/19 - 1:00PM vs Central Connecticut [FCS Playoffs Round 1]

31 minutes ago, bob87 said:

Can only guess what they are going to do. For the soccer playoff game they didn't let me park in the lot because there was a basketball game 4 hours later. I am one of 15 season ticket holders for soccer. Don't know how many football and basketball season ticket holders there are. Now there is a football game 3 hours later. Wouldn't put it past them doing something similar. I probably call Justin on tomorrow. I am fine at Dutch, but I am not going to pay twice for parking

Let us know what Justin says. They need to take care of the loyal diehards for sure.

59 minutes ago, UA_MA_2000 said:

Notwithstanding the opponents CCSU played, an 11-1 record tells me that they pulled out wins on days when they were off, when the weather was bad, and when injuries or other misfortune arose. They will be a tough out and obviously don't take plays (or games) off. Just my $.02

I watched their one loss to FBS Eastern Michigan and it was a cruel finish. They were up 1 with 15 second left and punting. They had the punt blocked and returned for a touchdown on the last play of the game. 

12 hours ago, Eli said:

It was at the bottom of the order page for my ticket. As an add-on. If not showing up for you, I'm sure Nate Mason can take care of it over the phone or something.

Yeah Nat took care of it and added it on my CC.  All i had to do was print out the parking permit.  Thanks for the help.

12 hours ago, bob87 said:

Can only guess what they are going to do. For the soccer playoff game they didn't let me park in the lot because there was a basketball game 4 hours later. I am one of 15 season ticket holders for soccer. Don't know how many football and basketball season ticket holders there are. Now there is a football game 3 hours later. Wouldn't put it past them doing something similar. I probably call Justin on tomorrow. I am fine at Dutch, but I am not going to pay twice for parking

There was an issue with Lacrosse games for women and then men.  They just moved the game an hour or so.

11 hours ago, UA_MA_2000 said:

Notwithstanding the opponents CCSU played, an 11-1 record tells me that they pulled out wins on days when they were off, when the weather was bad, and when injuries or other misfortune arose. They will be a tough out and obviously don't take plays (or games) off. Just my $.02

Just saying - and this is a weaker League.  Talk to coaches who coached when U A jumped to CAA on the differences in the level of play.  

Records of teams they played not counting FBS School which is their one lost.
4-8
6-5
1-11
7-5
3-7
0-10
4-8
1-11
5-7
7-5
6-5

I never said it would be an easy game.  They'll come in ready for bear thinking they should have had a home game and are getting no respect based on their 11-1 record.  It's a playoff game.  I would guess ANY playoff game will be a tough game.  I will tell you this is the game the UA team wanted. 

Looks like the game will be on ESPN3 and the MBB game will be on ESPN+. So, worst case, if UA Ath. Admin. somehow completely butchers this situation and we need to pick one game or the other, both will be watchable on replay (pending you have a TV/streaming service that gets those, of course). So there is that.

CCSU is showing UA absolutely no respect at all. But then again no one has paid UA any respect this season. That may be a good thing but they think this game is an easy W according to their board. They are talking about pounding UA? really? I hope the UA kids read this!!!

HOF 2013 is correct about their schedule. It is a powder puff compared to UA's. I believe CCSU will be good but I doubt they have seen team speed at this level since opening day. IF CCSU played our schedule as soft as its deemed, do you think they win 11 games? Would Rhode Island and William n Mary get beat by Duquesne or St. Francis? I doubt it. I don't.

I expect a solid win Saturday.

Edited by MRuler 79

21 minutes ago, MRuler 79 said:

CCSU is showing UA absolutely no respect at all. But then again no one has paid UA any respect this season. That may be a good thing but they think this game is an easy W according to their board. They are talking about pounding UA? really? I hope the UA kids read this!!!

HOF 2013 is correct about their schedule. It is a powder puff compared to UA's. I believe CCSU will be good but I doubt they have seen team speed at this level since opening day. IF CCSU played our schedule as soft as its deemed, do you think they win 11 games? Would Rhode Island and William n Mary get beat by Duquesne or St. Francis? I doubt it. I don't.

I expect a solid win Saturday.

I won't go as far as expecting a win, but these CCSU cats must not realize who we have at QB. Dude has set records in his freshmen season. Dude throws TDs for fun. Or our CAA leading running back.

Their defense better be ready cause our offense definitely is.

1 hour ago, Eli said:

Looks like the game will be on ESPN3 and the MBB game will be on ESPN+. So, worst case, if UA Ath. Admin. somehow completely butchers this situation and we need to pick one game or the other, both will be watchable on replay (pending you have a TV/streaming service that gets those, of course). So there is that.

One would think that the Athletic Administration would send an e-mail to basketball & football SEFCU parking permit holders explaining the way it will work.  Then again, the American U site already shows game time as 10 AM which ours still shows 1 PM.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, MRuler 79 said:

Can you say 'extra motivation for providing them with a beatdown' ????

33 minutes ago, statefan said:

One would think that the Athletic Administration would send an e-mail to basketball & football SEFCU parking permit holders explaining the way it will work.  Then again, the American U site already shows game time as 10 AM which ours still shows 1 PM.

Seriously, we're less than a week out and other than a ticket email asking for money...no other notifications. They had to have thought about this scenario in the last month or so once we started winning...if not that's terrible management IMO.

3 hours ago, Eli said:

Seriously, we're less than a week out and other than a ticket email asking for money...no other notifications. They had to have thought about this scenario in the last month or so once we started winning...if not that's terrible management IMO.

They definitely had meetings about it last week. Why no announcement has been made yet on officially moving the game time and parking policies is typical poor communication

• Thanks 2

• Eli changed the title to Game #13: 11/30/19 - 1:00PM vs Central Connecticut [FCS Playoffs Round 1]