UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #14: 12/7/19 - 3:00PM @ #5 Montana State [FCS Playoffs Round 2]

Last Up: W (42-14) vs Central Connecticut
Next Up: @ Montana State (9-3, 6-2 in the Big Sky...riding a 4 game win streak where 3 out of the 4 games were completely blow outs and them scoring 42+ points)
Time/Date: 12/7/19 @ 3:00PM EST
TV/Streaming: ESPN3
Local Radio: TBD
Opposing Teams Forum: Bobcat Nation

Albany came out flat against CCSU but then someone lit a fire at halftime because they absolutely took CCSU behind the woodshed and let em have it. Congrats to the team...on to the 2nd round. CONVINCINGLY!

Edited by Eli

Montana State fans are pretty sure UA will be unable to compete, but then again CCSU fans thought they’d smoke us too. As the man said, that’s why they play the game.  On the other hand, the Bobcats are a whole different breed than the Blue Devils.  One of their fan forum denizens has named this the Undercuffler Kerfluffle Scuffle. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Montana State fans are pretty sure UA will be unable to compete, but then again CCSU fans thought they’d smoke us too. As the man said, that’s why they play the game.  On the other hand, the Bobcats are a whole different breed than the Blue Devils.  One of their fan forum denizens has named this the Undercuffler Kerfluffle Scuffle. Lol. 

Means nothing.  We beat 4 ranked teams during the season, now 5.    If we play the entire game like we did the second half we can compete with anybody.  Doesn't mean win. Means we can compete..  I can't find it.  What I get says twitter account suspended.

Edited by HOF2013

37 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Yikes... We shouldn't even show up... If I didn't k ow any better I'd think we were heading to an NFL team. Second place in caa... Zero respect over there. That's fine... The best part of reading a forum like that is reading it if we show up and bust their ass. Honestly... The overconfidence is absolutely amazing. You'd think this was a bcs or NFL team. 

That forum reads verbatim like ccsu board before the game. Lmao... 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Yikes... We shouldn't even show up... If I didn't k ow any better I'd think we were heading to an NFL team. Second place in caa... Zero respect over there. That's fine... The best part of reading a forum like that is reading it if we show up and bust their ass. Honestly... The overconfidence is absolutely amazing. You'd think this was a bcs or NFL team. 

That forum reads verbatim like ccsu board before the game. Lmao... 

Yeah, they were not impressed with some of JU's throws at all and Mofor did not have a great game to show off our running game.  17,000 rooting for them will be a challenge.

9 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Yeah, they were not impressed with some of JU's throws at all and Mofor did not have a great game to show off our running game.  17,000 rooting for them will be a challenge.

Yeah, cancel the plane...time to forfeit. Game days must be prime time for the local burglars since much of the populace is not home. I could be real snarky and say that they get so many people at the games because there is literally nothing else to do except wait for the Yellowstone super volcano to erupt......but that would be mean.  I actually prefer low expectations and overconfidence. If UA manages to pull off a win, their forum will be lit up with all the hair on fire types.  Hey Montana St....UA was picked to finish LAST.....it finished 2nd....it crushed an 11-1 team to start the playoffs.....aren’t you just a little bit nervous? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

We knew going in attendance would be low.  Thanksgiving weekend and in the 30's all day.  [ I agree with the parking BS - NEVER should be on these forums.  Start a separate one and/or call the AD's office!!!]

CConn did have the TOP ranked run defense in the country by the way! Deserved or not......

CAA has been the top league for several of the last 6 years or so and last year and this year there is so much parity in the league that these other leagues think the CAA has fallen off.  Maybe it has some.  We were 2nd in the CAA and beat 5 ranked teams [including CConn even if they should not have been ranked]  We lost three games we never should have lost and it is what it is [RShirt Freshman QB and all].  BUT I have never seen anybody here trash a team were going to play.  BUT we listen to the trash.  It is what it is.  You have to play the game to see who wins......They have the advantage clearly BUT maybe we'll surprise them too!  We won several on the road this year.

4 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

We knew going in attendance would be low.  Thanksgiving weekend and in the 30's all day.  [ I agree with the parking BS - NEVER should be on these forums.  Start a separate one and/or call the AD's office!!!]

Complains about off topic posts/parking issues being mentioned in threads...proceeds to drag parking into a thread that is TRULY unrelated (IT IS AN AWAY GAME!). Oh mylanta! At least in the last thread it pertained to the GAME DAY lol.

Anyway...hope our guys smack these cocky doofuses in the middle of nowhere right in the mouth. UA is playing with house money. We lose, it's fine, we weren't expected to even make the playoffs. They lose? YO. THAT'S BAAADDDDDD.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

I read their game time forum.  They think we are slow, no run game and throw only slants and Jeff will be on his back all day....... And they will pound us.  Maybe, but...... I agree with JIMBO!

Edited by HOF2013

6 minutes ago, Eli said:

Complains about off topic posts/parking issues being mentioned in threads...proceeds to drag parking into a thread that is TRULY unrelated (IT IS AN AWAY GAME!). Oh mylanta! At least in the last thread it pertained to the GAME DAY lol.

Anyway...hope our guys smack these cocky doofuses in the middle of nowhere right in the mouth. UA is playing with house money. We lose, it's fine, we weren't expected to even make the playoffs. They lose? YO. THAT'S BAAADDDDDD.

Right on - well stated.   We were picked to finish LAST in the CAA!!!!  Nothing to lose really!

8 minutes ago, Eli said:

Montana fans were trashing US because of the parking complaints on the forum.....................I did not pull that out of my butt!!!

• Haha 1

Rather than crowd noise, I'd worry about the 4,800-foot altitude. Too bad we can't practice at Lake Placid for the week.

We can talk about noise in two more weeks at the Fabulous Fargodome.

Amazing to me, Bozeman has been warmer than Albany the last few weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOF2013 said:

I read their game time forum.  They think we are slow, no run game and throw only slants and Jeff will be on his back all day....... And they will pound us.  Maybe, but...... I agree with JIMBO!

Let them talk and bash away. Hopefully the team will shut them all up come Saturday. Mofor didn't have a great game today but did lead the conference in rushing yards. Green leads FCS in receiving TDs, JU broke the record for TDs by a freshman, Mencer had 12.5 sacks, etc.  Our team is good and that should be our focus.  Let them talk!

Edited by DanesRGood
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HOF2013 said:

Montana fans were trashing US because of the parking complaints on the forum.....................I did not pull that out of my butt!!!

Ha ha

I will let you worry about the Montana fans. Hope the great Danes football team worries about Montana State instead.

Also since I can't make the trip I won't worry about the 22 minute drive from the airport to the stadium and where to park, tailgate or get 🍻

• Eli changed the title to Game #14: 12/7/19 - 3:00PM @ #5 Montana State [FCS Playoffs Round 2]