UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #14: 12/7/19 - 3:00PM @ #5 Montana State [FCS Playoffs Round 2]

9 minutes ago, Eli said:

Wow. Nice catch by that Cassius guy. 

It’s actually Kassis.  But he’s currently the best receiver on the team and a favorite target.  He caught a pass against Montana that was almost identical; over his shoulder.

he just cracked the MSU top 10 in receiving yards, which is really say something given how run heavy MSU is.

21 minutes ago, Eli said:

I don't agree...doesn't make sense regarding X's and O's that you need to physically experience an opponent to know their tendencies or what they like to run in order to formulate your strategy and what plays you need to work on. What does physical experience have to do with that? 🤷‍♂️

Montana State had a week to prepare for us and never played us and seems to be doing just fine. They probably purchased more games of ours 😂

Doesn't matter though, we're getting crushed so whatever you guys say 👌👌

I was expecting a better showing, even if it was a loss. 

I'm disappointed. 

I LOVE to be angry and lighting myself on fire but I just can't work up anything to say about this team other then it was a great year. 

These kids played their heart out all after the first few games, program really came together, we will get more depth more speed and talent. This was an incredible step in the right direction for program. I'm proud of the steps program has taken. 

We'd all give our left nut to be here 3 months ago... Don't lose sight of that. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Eli said:

I don't agree...doesn't make sense regarding X's and O's that you need to physically experience an opponent to know their tendencies or what they like to run in order to formulate your strategy and what plays you need to work on. What does physical experience have to do with that? 🤷‍♂️

It’s like knowing a pitcher likes to throw a great curveball  on. 3-2 count. You don’t know how good it is until you have to swing at it

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

You are just plain wrong - sorry.  You have to prepare for such an offense.  Even the announcer - who was a coach says, your wrong!!!!!  They have multiple runners, multiple snap takers, multiple offensive looks.  VERY difficult to prepare in one week.  Out Offense needs to step up and be men!!!

I'm NOT talking about the TIME to prepare. I NEVER said a week was enough time. Do you even read? Holy moly dude. Your reading comprehension is through the floor.

4 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

It’s like knowing a pitcher likes to throw a great curveball  on. 3-2 count. You don’t know how good it is until you have to swing at it

I'm sure there is something new you learn by playing them physically but using it as an excuse for being unprepared or suggesting the physical contact is a large part of the preparation is asinine to me. Just doesn't compute logically. 

Using "we've never played them before" to excuse a bad start is just silly. They never played us before either...

As Click said, they are just better. Period. All I'm saying. 

Edited by Eli

10 minutes ago, Cledus said:

It’s actually Kassis.  But he’s currently the best receiver on the team and a favorite target.  He caught a pass against Montana that was almost identical; over his shoulder.

he just cracked the MSU top 10 in receiving yards, which is really say something given how run heavy MSU is.

However you spell his name, kid is nice 👌

3 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

Of course that has nothing whatever to do with how poorly the Offense is playing and especially how badly our KO and punt cover teams have been!

I can't get over special teams... They start at mid field or better every drive. We start at the 15. That is inexcusable... You needed everything to go right here and you spot them 40 yards on every punt. Forget it... 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HOF2013 said:

You are just plain wrong - sorry.  You have to prepare for such an offense.  Even the announcer - who was a coach says, your wrong!!!!!  They have multiple runners, multiple snap takers, multiple offensive looks.  VERY difficult to prepare in one week.  Out Offense needs to step up and be men!!!

This is why very good teams have trouble with offenses like Navy or what Georgia Southern used to run. Hard to simulate in practice because it’s so different. 

There is no coming back from this. We're laying an absolute egg. We're getting JMU'ed. 

Speaking of JMU, hope they take it all the way. Helps our conference and hopefully our recruiting. 

Edited by Eli

How many times have we seen Mount get beat this year??????  Right there. Turn INTO the receiver and knock the ball away.  He ALWAYS turns away from the receiver>.......PLUs going to that damn three man rush.  Ity does NOT work for us.  Hasn't ALL YEAR!

Edited by HOF2013

• Eli changed the title to Game #14: 12/7/19 - 3:00PM @ #5 Montana State [FCS Playoffs Round 2]