UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #14: 12/7/19 - 3:00PM @ #5 Montana State [FCS Playoffs Round 2]

1 hour ago, godanesgo99 said:

LMAO. From the bobcatnation forum....

I'd give them props for doing that. I love this kind of stuff!

I'm to lazy to register and go throw around some casual smack...I'm getting old!

Back in my heyday, I'd be all over it! LOL

Edited by Clickclack

9 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

can someone post the quote? I dont have access

Senior defensive end Eli Mencer endorsed the idea. He said he's a fan of the Jurassic Park movie franchise.

"I'm definitely excited,'' he said. "I've never been to Montana and I know there's not going to be too much stuff out there to do other than to just look at the mountains and whatnot. So to be able to go a museum and see some dinosaurs ... He's pumped about that, so I'm excited."

Senior safety Josh Wynn didn't exactly share Mencer's perspective, though Wynn said he'll still have fun.

"I am not a fan of perpetual lies,'' he said. "I don't believe in dinosaurs. You can easily fabricate those things. I think that if there were dinosaurs, they'd be excavated all over the world. We could dig some up back here at (Bob Ford Field), a little bit of construction. If dinosaurs roamed all over the earth, they should be everywhere."

2 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

Senior defensive end Eli Mencer endorsed the idea. He said he's a fan of the Jurassic Park movie franchise.

"I'm definitely excited,'' he said. "I've never been to Montana and I know there's not going to be too much stuff out there to do other than to just look at the mountains and whatnot. So to be able to go a museum and see some dinosaurs ... He's pumped about that, so I'm excited."

Senior safety Josh Wynn didn't exactly share Mencer's perspective, though Wynn said he'll still have fun.

"I am not a fan of perpetual lies,'' he said. "I don't believe in dinosaurs. You can easily fabricate those things. I think that if there were dinosaurs, they'd be excavated all over the world. We could dig some up back here at (Bob Ford Field), a little bit of construction. If dinosaurs roamed all over the earth, they should be everywhere."

Ha.  This smells of a prank.  Dumb people don't use words like "fabricate" and "excavate" and "perpetual" for that matter

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, catbob said:

Yea those stats are pretty respectable.  Obviously you guys watch the games and have a better gauge on it, but that as at least middle of the road, probably top 1/3.  But the best rushing team you've played is Albany who is 23rd in the country at 201 YPG, but you impressively held them to 100 even.  Next best W&M at #30/186 YPG and they ran for 184, so right at the average.  Then of course the head scratcher at Delaware, who only runs 156 YPG but ran for 225 on Albany.

All in all it looks like on paper Albay has a pretty good rush defense.  But in the last 4 games the Cats have rushed the ball for 1,293 yards on 196 carries, good for 6.6 YPC and 323 yards per game.  Southern Utah did hold us to 176 yards on just 4.29 YPC, but that was a game that was 42-0 at half so we played extremely conservative in the 2nd half.  That was also a game where we tried to establish the pass and threw for 182 yards in the first half.  Rovig's steady improvement into a game manager has really helped soften the box and he can make enough throws to keep a defense honest, which is all we need and ask of him.

We did a good job against SBU but they got down big so early that they didn't attempt to run a lot in the first half.  Second half they did with just a little success.  

Good read, some of us remember those early years!  Playing on the FB field in front of the old Gym Building, practicing where the new stadium stands today!  https://www.flofootball.com/articles/6606611-the-future-of-ualbany-football-is-being-constructed-as-we-speak

If you have not done so read BOTH articles on UAlbany [two of the first 4 articles]

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 2

Great Danes Fans in or visiting Las Vegas:

Join Bobcat fans on Saturday for the game at Buffalo Wild Wings, 4280 S. Hualapai Way, in southwest Las Vegas. Game is noon PST.

Tell nevadacat you saw this and he will buy your first beer.

MAP --> https://www.google.com/maps/place/4280+S+Hualapai+Way,+Las+Vegas,+NV+89147/@36.1120909,-115.3164655,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x80c8bf334fb25653:0xab5a64f49ff74eaf!8m2!3d36.1120909!4d-115.3142768

11 hours ago, nevadacat said:

Great Danes Fans in or visiting Las Vegas:

Join Bobcat fans on Saturday for the game at Buffalo Wild Wings, 4280 S. Hualapai Way, in southwest Las Vegas. Game is noon PST.

Tell nevadacat you saw this and he will buy your first beer.

MAP --> https://www.google.com/maps/place/4280+S+Hualapai+Way,+Las+Vegas,+NV+89147/@36.1120909,-115.3164655,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x80c8bf334fb25653:0xab5a64f49ff74eaf!8m2!3d36.1120909!4d-115.3142768

So, I'm sort of having an accidental watch party at my house. My wife and I met at Albany and both graduated from there in 1996. About a month ago we invited five families over for a bit of a holiday celebration Saturday starting at 3pm.  Four of them are friends from our time at Albany but none are really deep into following athletics. Only the games I take them to and updates I send to them(Yes, I'm sure that annoying for some but I can't help myself).  Anyway, on Saturday I'm hoping they enjoy watching the game because that is what I'm doing. haha!  I just hope the team has a good showing for these alumni who are all big sports fans but don't follow Albany sports like I do.  

Edited by DanesRGood
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cats2506 said:

getting ready to leave on the 160 mile trip to Bozeman,

game time forecast is 44, 13 mph, 3% precip

Great football weather.

Hoping for a good game with a Cats win, Its been great talking to you guys this week.

Glad you came for a visit, but hope your trip home involves quiet reflection on how the Cats let it all slip away 😁.

Never heard of Lewiston, Montana so I checked it out looks like nice country. I couldn’t help but notice that Lewiston was apparently established by F Troop! Well, F Company at least. You younger folks won’t get that! 

Have a a safe trip down and back!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Eli changed the title to Game #14: 12/7/19 - 3:00PM @ #5 Montana State [FCS Playoffs Round 2]