UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2020 Football - A Look Ahead

This whole thing is a disaster...what did people expect? Across the country huge protests were encouraged by the left with zero social distancing. During this time all/most covid coverage was suspended. We are so fractured as a society that people chose wearing/not wearing masks as a hill to die on...a simple thing like this and people can't rally around. Young people continue to pack bars, memorial day saw pools packed to the brim of people partying and drinking.

NY leadership is lionized by some media as they've lost 3+ times more people then next closest state. Models were a joke, fear was spread for political gains. Did folks forget Cuomo for weeks screaming about needed 40k ventilators? Javits and medical ship sat almost completely empty and have since been disassembled or sent away. DeBlasio in March is telling people to go out on the town and watch a play and then we wonder how NY has 32k dead. Imagine the field day the leftist media would have if Texas or FL had 32k dead...but crickets, Cuomo is a hero. For weeks I watched Dr. Burke and Dr. Faucci stand up there and tell us wearing masks was not recommended and will actually increase your chances of catching it...I can't possibly be the only one who was watching that talk for weeks...was I?

EDIT:Trump has been an abject failure, scattered focus, rhetoric and actions that are completely juvenile or worse. Complete embarrassment as a leader. 

Plenty of blame to go around all over. I for one am growing fatigued and indifferent...who cares. Tired of the gas-lighting on both sides, fear mongering running up to election, ulterior motives of which there are MANY. I'll continue to do my part with masks, not going out needlessly etc. Let the rest of the chips fall where they may but the left and the right and we as society need to face the fact that we collectively failed. So football or no football...it is what it is. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2020 at 2:54 PM, cwdickens said:

The United States of America has become a country of tribal factions.  Political, Social, Economic, Health Issues and throw in sports for good measure.

Just for clarity, that is how this country was designed. It is not "becoming" that way. We have 50 independent states, joined together to regulate commerce between the states, and to plan for the common defense. 

This is why each state has a governor and legislature. It's why the electoral college exists.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Just for clarity, that is how this country was designed. It is not "becoming" that way. We have 50 independent states, joined together to regulate commerce between the states, and to plan for the common defense. 

This is why each state has a governor and legislature. It's why the electoral college exists.

Unfortunately, godanesgo99, at best you have no clue about modern tribalism in American society.  Further, you took my comment out of context, leaving out a much broader statement, that had nothing to do with on how this country was formed. Shame on you.  Sadly, you likely never had the opportunity to take classes from Dr. Catherine Newbold or Dr. Harry Price.  With that said, I do not need a lesson on Constitutional law from you.

Edited by cwdickens
Clarification
  • Haha 1

On 7/3/2020 at 1:29 PM, Clickclack said:

This whole thing is a disaster...what did people expect? Across the country huge protests were encouraged by the left with zero social distancing. During this time all/most covid coverage was suspended. We are so fractured as a society that people chose wearing/not wearing masks as a hill to die on...a simple thing like this and people can't rally around. Young people continue to pack bars, memorial day saw pools packed to the brim of people partying and drinking.

NY leadership is lionized by some media as they've lost 3+ times more people then next closest state. Models were a joke, fear was spread for political gains. Did folks forget Cuomo for weeks screaming about needed 40k ventilators? Javits and medical ship sat almost completely empty and have since been disassembled or sent away. DeBlasio in March is telling people to go out on the town and watch a play and then we wonder how NY has 32k dead. Imagine the field day the leftist media would have if Texas or FL had 32k dead...but crickets, Cuomo is a hero. For weeks I watched Dr. Burke and Dr. Faucci stand up there and tell us wearing masks was not recommended and will actually increase your chances of catching it...I can't possibly be the only one who was watching that talk for weeks...was I?

EDIT:Trump has been an abject failure, scattered focus, rhetoric and actions that are completely juvenile or worse. Complete embarrassment as a leader. 

Plenty of blame to go around all over. I for one am growing fatigued and indifferent...who cares. Tired of the gas-lighting on both sides, fear mongering running up to election, ulterior motives of which there are MANY. I'll continue to do my part with masks, not going out needlessly etc. Let the rest of the chips fall where they may but the left and the right and we as society need to face the fact that we collectively failed. So football or no football...it is what it is. 

"EDIT:Trump has been an abject failure, scattered focus, rhetoric and actions that are completely juvenile or worse. Complete embarrassment as a leader. "  Your opinion which MANY do not agree with....  How is it possible for you to say what you say in the rest of your statement and then come out with this??

23 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

"EDIT:Trump has been an abject failure, scattered focus, rhetoric and actions that are completely juvenile or worse. Complete embarrassment as a leader. "  Your opinion which MANY do not agree with....  How is it possible for you to say what you say in the rest of your statement and then come out with this??

It's rather simple...I don't worship at the altar of the orange one. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 5:43 PM, cwdickens said:

Unfortunately, godanesgo99, at best you have no clue about modern tribalism in American society.  Further, you took my comment out of context, leaving out a much broader statement, that had nothing to do with on how this country was formed. Shame on you.  Sadly, you likely never had the opportunity to take classes from Dr. Catherine Newbold or Dr. Harry Price.  With that said, I do not need a lesson on Constitutional law from you.

As a lawyer, and constitutional history buff, but typing in a forum with simplistic readers, we can believe whatever we like. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Many do not agree with, that may be true, but i'd love to see anyone with any authority, knowledge or savvy disagree and please support your argument. 

56 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Many do not agree with, that may be true, but i'd love to see anyone with any authority, knowledge or savvy disagree and please support your argument. 

Aren’t you the guy who thinks that Trump not wearing a mask has some sort of measurable impact on whether or not the masses wear a mask? If all he has to do is wear a mask and the masses will follow, that makes him a heck of a leader. I get it, you don’t like him....but you live on the LEFT coast and that makes you ordinary in terms of views for your community.  There are a lot of thinking people that see that the relentless media criticism, endless baseless lawsuits, endless baseless investigations and the like have certainly had an impact as to how he reacts and is quick to strike back. I won’t list accomplishments because that would be boring and anyway you probably think they establish his fascist CV for all time.  There’s a lot of folks, me included, who really don’t like him personally and wish there was an alternative. But that’s the problem. Right now there isn’t.  Since the other side is no longer liberal, but has gone flat out leftist, that makes it a simple binary choice for like minded people. I may think he’s an egotistical jerk with a short fuse and questionable morals, but if he’s manning the wall against the left he’s MY egotistical jerk with questionable morals.  And that’s the bottom line for me. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Oldtimer said:

I thought this thread was "2020 A Look Ahead"---not a thread for political loonies!!

🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

3 hours ago, Oldtimer said:

I thought this thread was "2020 A Look Ahead"---not a thread for political loonies!!

We're just bored, tired, irritated, etc. Nothing of sports substance to discuss...let people blow off some steam.

20 hours ago, jimbo said:

Aren’t you the guy who thinks that Trump not wearing a mask has some sort of measurable impact on whether or not the masses wear a mask? If all he has to do is wear a mask and the masses will follow, that makes him a heck of a leader. I get it, you don’t like him....but you live on the LEFT coast and that makes you ordinary in terms of views for your community.  There are a lot of thinking people that see that the relentless media criticism, endless baseless lawsuits, endless baseless investigations and the like have certainly had an impact as to how he reacts and is quick to strike back. I won’t list accomplishments because that would be boring and anyway you probably think they establish his fascist CV for all time.  There’s a lot of folks, me included, who really don’t like him personally and wish there was an alternative. But that’s the problem. Right now there isn’t.  Since the other side is no longer liberal, but has gone flat out leftist, that makes it a simple binary choice for like minded people. I may think he’s an egotistical jerk with a short fuse and questionable morals, but if he’s manning the wall against the left he’s MY egotistical jerk with questionable morals.  And that’s the bottom line for me. 

This conversation is a vicious cycle, but fwiw, absolutely Trump influenced folks when he continued for months to say that masks were unnecessary. There was a news report at a beach in Alabama where numerous young people interviewed said they're skipping the mask because "even Trump" knows it's BS." Several of those college students then got the virus not long after. And how many passed it on to their parents or grandparents? Now multiply that by many thousands across the country who just needed the smallest reason-—let alone a constant one from the leader of the free world and his VP--to decide a mask was silly. 

Alternatively, if he did have zero effect on the American public by continuously flouting the advice of every health professional in the world, what does that say about his chops as a leader?