UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Ten games in*

This place is getting a bit toxic and way too negative. Maybe I'm just overly optimistic and willing to deal with some down years.  We've had them before.  07-08 through 10-11 were at .500 or below and included a 7-25 season.  It happens.  They miss on recruits, they mess up with coaching in season, they take too long to find their rotation.  It happens to so many mid majors. I'm happy with the success we've had and agree with Patch that the staff probably reached to fill the roster when Cremo/Nichols left, some graduations and some transfers happened.   It is what it is but reading the game threads you would think this team was going to end up 7-25 again. It's a long season. We will see how they do once the conference schedule starts. They've sucked in OOC before and played well in conference.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

This place is getting a bit toxic and way too negative. Maybe I'm just overly optimistic and willing to deal with some down years.  We've had them before.  07-08 through 10-11 were at .500 or below and included a 7-25 season.  It happens.  They miss on recruits, they mess up with coaching in season, they take too long to find their rotation.  It happens to so many mid majors. I'm happy with the success we've had and agree with Patch that the staff probably reached to fill the roster when Cremo/Nichols left, some graduations and some transfers happened.   It is what it is but reading the game threads you would think this team was going to end up 7-25 again. It's a long season. We will see how they do once the conference schedule starts. They've sucked in OOC before and played well in conference.  

I hope you're right... To each his own but fans can vent or be overly positive. I wish I could turn it off or turn my attention to a different hobby... It's just sports at the end of the day but this sucks right now. I'll still cheer hard for these kids and staff. I'm sure for them this is even worse and more personal. ... Hope they prove me wrong. 

Last year was tough but we all understood the youth etc. This is a different kind of brutal. 2 years removed from Nichols and cremo. 

I go into every single game with hope that this one will be different... Sadly realization sets in once the game starts. 

Edited by Clickclack

4 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

I hope you're right... To each his own but fans can vent or be overly positive. I wish I could turn it off or turn my attention to a different hobby... It's just sports at the end of the day but this sucks right now. I'll still cheer hard for these kids and staff. I'm sure for them this is even worse and more personal. ... Hope they prove me wrong. 

Last year was tough but we all understood the youth etc. This is a different kind of brutal. 2 years removed from Nichols and cremo. 

Yup I’m hoping they put it together in conference, but like I said in the other post, you can only use the Cremo/Nichols narrative for so long! Everyone knew it wasn’t going to be pretty last year, so free pass. So far it’s not pretty this year and sooner than later that excuse is going to wear thin.

1 hour ago, Clickclack said:

I go into every single game with hope that this one will be different... Sadly realization sets in once the game starts. 

Don't get me wrong. I'm as frustrated as anyone but it's hard to read the swings of emotions in the game threads. haha!  Start of the game everyone was happy. Then 10 mins of $iena and everyone loses their minds. I 100% get it but that's the ebbs and flows of a game.  Monmouth is not a bad team, they are well coached, we were on the road and almost won.  Probably should've won. I just wish it wasn't always so extreme to the negative. There is still a good bit of season left to turn this around and I hope they do. I don't know if they will though and if they don't I won't set myself on fire. 

Also, I'm gonna say it!  I'm gonna say it right now!  The core of this team is still young.  Healy, de Sousa, Lulka, Hanks, Rizzuto and I would throw Hutch in there are all very young.  Then there are the Jucos who are upperclassmen but basically freshman or sophs when it comes to D1 playing time. So I think this team can be good over the next couple years with the right mix of players added and current players growing.  

• Like 2

I dont think anyone wants to be negative. The problem I have (so far) is we have not gotten any better since last year. We brought almost everyone back. But the biggest problem is we do NOTHING well. We dont score , play average defense, dont rebound, dont creat turnovers to get transition points, free throws, Nothing ! . That's the issue.

People wanna play French, great, he earned it from the last game.  I'm just looking for something they do well. Move Lulka to the 5 for America East Play. Try something new. Like most of us I go to almost every home game and support the team financially. My biggest issue and frustration is the absolute lack of improvement. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UA1882 said:

The problem I have (so far) is we have not gotten any better since last year. We brought almost everyone back. But the biggest problem is we do NOTHING well. We dont score , play average defense, dont rebound, dont creat turnovers to get transition points, free throws, Nothing ! .

AGREE!  I am basically a positive person and have been called a Poly Anna at times; but like 82 said, the lack of improvement {in fact regression in many senses} and the fact that UA is pretty much BAD in ALL areas; well is maddening. I've heard of the sophomore jinx {Rizzuto most definitely has it} but the whole team????? The inconsistency is even more maddening. At times their plays has me ready to get the fire hose out; but too soon accelerant instead of water comes out of the hose. 

Hartford just beat Northwestern. I think the over/under record in conference play is 6-10. 

To be honest I think 6-10 is about right. I would love to see us do well of course but but if your using your head and not your heart you would need to think 6-10 is about right. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm.  The Brook came back and beat UVM in Burlington tonight.  Lamb with 23 on 6 of 15 and Smith had 31 but no other help.  Maybe they are not as complete as we thought or SBU is an up and comer and a force to bring down UVM's supposed coronation to the  title.