UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #14: 12/21/19 - 2:00PM @ Monmouth

Eli

I just got done watching the game. My thoughts:

Good -

• I don't get the French hate. The kid made a helluva time out of his chance in the first half and then the team changed their MO in the 2nd half. I say give him a few more games of 15 minutes and see what happens.
  • Anderson - I thought he looked good for his first game action and definitely can see that he can handle the ball. I do think he's still hurt though. After one of the timeouts, they had him on camera for a bit and he seemed to be favoring his leg a bit. Don't know if maybe that was just the brace or not.
  • Hansen - dude played like an animal on the boards and blocking shots. I want WAY more of that. Get him down low and keep him down low...don't let him float outside. WOW.
  • Trey continues to impress me defensively. Two very nice blocks. Kid is just solid.
  • Most of first half - probably some of our best ball all season...too bad it's temporary
  • Lineup change. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE MESSAGE BROWN SENT TO HEALEY AND CLARK. Stop turning it over or sit your rear end on the bench. Full stop.

Bad - 

• As was mentioned, FTs. It's inexcusable how bad we are. Look at the stats above. We used to be MONEY and it, along with rebounding, were two guarantees in every game. We win this game if we hit even half of our misses.
  • Rizutto - I'm just going to say it. Kid should go fight fires permanently. I commend him for his volunteerism, but perhaps he should have spent his free time shooting hoops and not fighting fires. YIKES is his game brutal. WIDE OPEN GIFTED SHOT and what does he do...sails the ball right over the hoop for an air ball. His MASSIVE regression from last year to this year is like Devonte Campbells junior year after that impressive sophomore year. YIKES. 
  • Inconsistency from half to half. We're now virtually out of OOC and it's who we are. I do not have any faith that we will become a 35 minute team in the AE season.
Edited by Eli
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Agree with the Rizzuto issue and his regression from last year.  Absolutely praise him for being a volunteer firefighter and lives he helps save but he is a fulltime student with roughly 15 credits, a D1 scholarship athlete with practices, travel, and games, and then a firefighter with calls at all hours and mandatory training.  Think he is burning the candle at both ends and it has affected his play.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nysteve661 said:

Agree with the Rizzuto issue and his regression from last year.  Absolutely praise him for being a volunteer firefighter and lives he helps save but he is a fulltime student with roughly 15 credits, a D1 scholarship athlete with practices, travel, and games, and then a firefighter with calls at all hours and mandatory training.  Think he is burning the candle at both ends and it has affected his play.  

I'm sure all of these guys are fine young men, as Brown doesn't recruit otherwise. But, he's no longer in a slump. Slumps don't last 14 games at the college level which is nearly 2 months time. Something happened to his game over the summer and it's not good. The guy is a liability on defense (was never a great defender) and is now a liability on offense (can't hit the broadside of a barn). His minutes need to be severely slashed until he proves otherwise in 5-6 minutes a game. Instead, give his minutes to French and Anderson (assuming Lulka isn't out for a while again).

21 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Looking at the stats from yesterday, they went without a FG for the last 9:28 of the first half. Woof.

I was 100% for shaking up the starting lineup, but did Brown give a reason for sitting Healy?

I hadn't heard anything either...the only one we know about was Lulka being hurt but I think it was just a message to both Clark and Healey. It worked cause they both came in like gang busters. Until they got comfortable/complacent again. 

That trap on the wing was brutal to watch, neither one of them could handle it. 

Edited by Eli

• Eli changed the title to Game #14: 12/21/19 - 2:00PM @ Monmouth