UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

All-Decade Team MBB

Toughest part of this was picking the PG spot. Really wanted to put Mike Black in that spot since he was a four year guy.

Essentially took 80% of the starting lineup from the 2014-15 team which was one of the best teams we ever had. Funny to look back on that year because we were 5-7 in OOC before winning the next 15 out of 16 games.

My picks:

PG - Evan Singletary

SG - Peter Hooley

SF- Ray Sanders

PF - Sam Rowley

C - John Puk

Walk on - Nick Fruscio

Here is your list of nominees. They are all players that played on the team during the 17-18 season or earlier. Players in the last 2 years are too hard to judge at this moment. They might get screwed part of their career was in 2 different decades...

Guard:

• Jacob Iati
  • Logan Aronhalt
  • Mike Black
  • Tim Ambrose
  • Peter Hooley
  • Gerardo Suero
  • DJ Evans
  • Evan Singletary
  • Ray Sanders
  • Joe Cremo
  • David Nichols
  • Cameron Healy
  • Ahmad Clark

Forward/Center

• Blake Metcalf
  • John Puk
  • Sam Rowley
  • Mike Rowley
  • Dallas Ennema
  • Greig Stire
  • Travis Charles
  • Devonte Campbell
  • Adam Lulka

• Like 1

Healy is a nice player but I don't think he would crack this team period. I left Sanders, Mike Black, Hooley and Tim Ambrose off my list. Healy isn't jumping ahead of them. Tim Ambrose was so athletic and a great basketball player, who unfortunately just played on some really bad teams.

No Mention of Will Harris for this decade team or was he before 2010?

1 hour ago, Dane06grad said:

Healy is a nice player but I don't think he would crack this team period. I left Sanders, Mike Black, Hooley and Tim Ambrose off my list. Healy isn't jumping ahead of them. Tim Ambrose was so athletic and a great basketball player, who unfortunately just played on some really bad teams.

No Mention of Will Harris for this decade team or was he before 2010?

Agreed. Healey is a good shooter but all of those guys had more complete games. He's not a great defender, not a great ball handler, etc.

Will Harris, IMO, was a huge bust. The kid came from an ACC school and I think many expected him to be on Anthony Lambs level of production and instead he was like 25% of that. The one thing I seem to remember about Will though was he was a vocal leader which is something I think this team lacks...at least on the face of it. Could use a guy like that this year.

1 hour ago, KingDane said:

I would never take Suero over Mike Black

My premise was that I already had a true PG on my list (Evan). Evan and Mike are really a toss-up but I loved watching both of them play. Although, and maybe my memory isn't 100%...but I feel like Evan was a better defender than Mike, if ever so slightly. At the SG position, I don't think it gets better from a raw talent standpoint than Suero. If that kid was a 4 yr kid, he might have averaged 25ppg his entire career here. Guy was insane with the ball (although a bit reckless if I recall). Hooley is my number 2 SG simply because of his demeanor on the court (Trey Hutch. reminds me of him). Never low, never high, never makes stupid plays, etc. He had a rough year shooting his last year, but the guy was as solid as they came. And of course The Shot. I almost felt bad leaving him off my list cause of The Shot, but that's why I stipulated my list was taking nostalgia/emotion out of it.

Pound for pound, raw talent wise, I think Suero is right up there with Wilson as best ever at UA...to bad he was only here a year.

Edited by Eli

I threw Harris out there as bait. I agree he was a bust. 

Suero dropped 31 on Syracuse in his first game. I was at the dome for the game, they couldn't stop him. You couldn't keep him off the free throw line all year. If it weren't for a fluke finish against stony brook in the conference tournament, they would have had a shot to win the thing. I remember Will Brown saying after the game "We are gonna figure this out and win this thing next year." And then Suero went diva, and that was that. He left school and we went to the tourney the next year and pushed Duke to the limit.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2019 at 10:59 AM, Dane06grad said:

I threw Harris out there as bait. I agree he was a bust. 

Suero dropped 31 on Syracuse in his first game. I was at the dome for the game, they couldn't stop him. You couldn't keep him off the free throw line all year. If it weren't for a fluke  against stony brook in the conference tournament, they would have had a shot to win the thing. I remember Will Brown saying after the game "We are gonna figure this out and win this thing next year." And then Suero went diva, and that was that. He left school and we went to the tourney the next year and pushed Duke to the limit.

Edited by godanesgo99