UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

7 minutes ago, dslyank said:

I wonder if this means Siekierski is not using his senior year exemption?

At least they announced this transfer before Nates decision.  He figured to be the starter if he came back but now he might think it's only 50/50 and not worth it if the back-up.

"Prior to Utah: Did not see action over two seasons at Rutgers (2017-18) … U.S. Lacrosse 2016 High School All-American as a senior at Yorktown HS … 2016 Journal News Hudson Valley Player of the Year … all-section and all-metro … 62.7 save percentage as a senior, recording double-digit saves in 12 games … 180 saves with a 58.8 save percentage as a junior, recording 27 ground balls and two full-field assists … recorded double-digit saves 10 times in 2015, including three playoff games … Yorktown won a New York State Championship in 2014 and finished runners up in 2016 … helped Yorktown win five Section I championships and was named Defensive MVP of the 2016 game … team captain … played five varsity seasons after being brought up as an eighth grader … also an all-league hockey player, scoring over 150 points." {from Utah bio page.}

I think they brought this kid into start. Nat probably out (don't know if before or after Cunningham announcement.) But Cunningham a flat out STAR in high school. Had good, but not great numbers @ Utah; ( newbie program and probably did don't get a lot of help from young team.) Don't know what happened @ Rutgers probably played behind a very good goalie and also looks like redshirted a year? On video, Cunningham looks a lot quicker than Nate, but we all know highlight videos are just that "highlights." Also, of note Cunningham went to Marr's high school and I think Scott's brother is still coach there.

Yorktown is a very good program and sure Marr's connection helped get the kid.  Nate was ok in goal, certainly not a JD or Blaze.  Be nice to have an experienced guy and not throw one of the youngsters into the cage.

On 4/22/2020 at 2:28 PM, cwdickens said:

Inside Lacrosse is reporting that Yale's Jackson Morrill and Lucas Cotler have entered the NCAA Transfer Portel.  Jackson stated both had exhausted every avenue available to return to Yale.  Both are looking to attend grad school and play one more season. 

Perhaps, TD is reconsidering options as other classmates have considered moving on.

On 4/22/2020 at 2:28 PM, cwdickens said:

Inside Lacrosse is reporting that Yale's Jackson Morrill and Lucas Cotler have entered the NCAA Transfer Portel.  Jackson stated both had exhausted every avenue available to return to Yale.  Both are looking to attend grad school and play one more season. 

At last count, there are two Yale seniors plus one freshman looking to play elsewhere.  TD and the mentioned above would give any team a legitimate shot at a NCAA championship.   The freshman is B J Burlace, Defense.  Scott Marr would have interest in all four, not withstanding the other twenty DI coaches circling like vultures.  LOL ☺. 

Edited by cwdickens
Clarification

22 hours ago, Grey Dane Train said:

TD cannot transfer to Cornell and play lacrosse. Cornell is an Ivy League school and will not grant a 5th year of eligibility. 

Not saying you are wrong; but as I recall, the Ivy left the one year extension up to each individual school. Yale said NO to the extension, withdrawal--reapplies, and grad players. As far as I remember Cornell has made no such announcement yet??

The extension would apply if the student-athlete withdraws from school until next spring. Ivy League schools require the students to finish school in 8 semesters and does not allow graduate students to participate in intercollegiate sports. TD would have to withdraw from Yale without graduating... I don't see that happening. It would be great to have him back in a Great Dane uniform, but wish him luck either way. 

On 4/25/2020 at 11:05 AM, 518Lacrosse said:

I believe he was making fun of the site that said it was breaking news when the kid made the announcement a month earlier.  

You could be right. As much as I would like to have him back on the team, I think thats just the Albany fan in me dreaming.