UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

3 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I wish I had that kind of pull with the coaches!

When you are winning the little issues can get swept under the rug, and it has been good to hear that while it still fun, things have tightened up a bit.

The most obvious change has been Tehoka. Not that he was a problem but he just seems like a different guy, and has a chip on his shoulder. I think in the past guys who were doing it really right were not necessarily rewarded, and certain players were not held accountable and that showed last year.

If doesn’t hurt to have a very solid freshmen class and more in the pipeline to keep guys on their toes.

I think not having the third scrimmage was also a good thing. It is allowing them to heal up and really work on fundamentals. I understand the practices have been very demanding.

Can't read the TU article without a subscription but I agree with your comments.  Wonder if Ron John will be ready to go??  Glad the practices have made them work and been demanding.  Fundamentals baby - name of the game - in every sport. I love that they are faster, from what I've seen with very crisp passing, and aggressiveness from the Poles and Middies and Wings.  Can't let up.  BTW Syracuse and Maryland had close games the other day.......... Our Coaches are VERY excited waiting for the season to start. I assume players are too.  They all have a lot to show all of us and themselves after last season.  I sense great disappointment over last year and maybe a huge chip on the shoulders..... which is a good thing I think.

https://m.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-men-s-lacrosse-holding-itself-accountable-15040764.php?utm_campaign=CMS Sharing Tools (Mobile)&utm_source=share-by-email&utm_medium=email 

Does this work? On the mobile version there’s an email sharing icon which may not need a subscription 

Edit: the sharing icons are on the desktop too.

Edited by UAalum72

18 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

https://m.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-men-s-lacrosse-holding-itself-accountable-15040764.php?utm_campaign=CMS Sharing Tools (Mobile)&utm_source=share-by-email&utm_medium=email 

Does this work? On the mobile version there’s an email sharing icon which may not need a subscription 

Edit: the sharing icons are on the desktop too.

Thanks!  My wife actually gets the Sunday paper [the only one she gets - for the coupons?????] so I read it.

On 1/13/2020 at 11:16 AM, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Piseno - got some love from the pundits very late in the recruiting cycles. Kid has an unbelievable motor and a big time stick. He will remind you of an even more athletic Troy Reh. Time will tell if he becomes an offensive threat at Troy was his last two years.

It was an error on website he is NOT a red-shirt. He is going to be great player this year.  Backup goalie Will Ramos is though as he had surgery just before holidays. 

On 2/9/2020 at 2:15 PM, HOF2013 said:

Can't read the TU article without a subscription but I agree with your comments.  Wonder if Ron John will be ready to go??  Glad the practices have made them work and been demanding.  Fundamentals baby - name of the game - in every sport. I love that they are faster, from what I've seen with very crisp passing, and aggressiveness from the Poles and Middies and Wings.  Can't let up.  BTW Syracuse and Maryland had close games the other day.......... Our Coaches are VERY excited waiting for the season to start. I assume players are too.  They all have a lot to show all of us and themselves after last season.  I sense great disappointment over last year and maybe a huge chip on the shoulders..... which is a good thing I think.

Download the duck duck go browser. It is designed for privacy and it doesn't allow the site to know how many articles you have viewed.

• 2 weeks later...

What the hell, and Harvard beat UMass last week right.    Parity is a good thing..  UMass 13-10 over Yale.  WOW!

Edited by HOF2013

• 2 weeks later...

In the TU online

Marr said he didn't speculate on whether his seniors might be able to recoup the year of NCAA eligiblity. "Those questions are not going to be answered for a long time," 

Also

Marr said it was "up in the air" whether Syracuse might come next season instead. He said the subject hasn't been approached yet.
Im betting it’ll be another 20 years 

1 hour ago, UAalum72 said:

In the TU online

Marr said he didn't speculate on whether his seniors might be able to recoup the year of NCAA eligiblity. "Those questions are not going to be answered for a long time," 

Also

Marr said it was "up in the air" whether Syracuse might come next season instead. He said the subject hasn't been approached yet.
Im betting it’ll be another 20 years 

Probably right on that one.

Per IL, ncaa has already announced spring seniors will be allowed another year of eligibility. Has NOT yet addressed what to do about leagues that do not allow grad players or grad transfers.

So as someone joked, not far fetched that TD could re-enroll @ UA.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1