Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Real Purple Fan said:

Must of missed the part about me not caring how long you guys have been a fan.  I've been a fan long enough to know there's more to contributing than just PPG.  I'm sure if coach Brown felt the same as some of you, there'd only be 2 players worthy of being on the court at all times. I'm not going to say anything negative about any of these young men but there isn't a player on the team who hasn't had a bad game win or lose.  Just because I have never posted until tonight doesn't mean Idk anything about UAMBB. NONE of these kids are getting paid and the fact that you so called fans curse their names as if they were is ridiculous. Continue to hide behind your phones and talk crap, and I'll continue to pay $5 per month to watch them play on tv when I cant make a game.  Not look at a box score to determine who had a good game or not.  Not sure who coined the phrase but I do believe that "Defense Wins Championships "!

I don't hide behind my phone... Everyone knows exactly who I am. 

You can continue to get bent out of shape and butt hurt but any and all criticism I've ever levied has been in terms of their basketball performance and not as you put it curse their name. Much more was expected and they have fallen far short of even the most minimalistic expectations. As for their contribution to the program... Im sure it's been phenomenal in the community etc. But they are here to get an education and win some games. When we start up a competitive firefighting program I'm sure rizzuto will do well. 

I see you must be a millennial... Tell me how awesome I am, love me and shower me with praise... Even when I don't deserve it. 

I'm sorry... Just not good enough. Collection a paycheck or not doesn't excuse one from fair observation. Few of us are willing to verbalize what is plain to see if you are honest. I'm sure many more are just biting their lip. Maybe I need to follow the advice if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all. But facts are facts. It's brutal to watch man. Same two or three guys game in and game out carrying this team. 

At least I know Ahmad will give me something good even if there is some bad. Game in and game out with the exception or once every 10th game you have to wonder if these two even played out there. 

 

Welcome to the board. 

Edited by Clickclack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will agree to disagree. I want to see the kids win in life as much as I  do on the court. And if Rizzuto saves a life Idc if he ever scores another point. Your comments have nothing to do with someone's feelings being hurt. They have to do with the team being 3-1 in conference play and everyone acting as if they are 0-4.  I definitely don't know who you are and idc to know you. I never planned on being a part of "the board" and may never post again. Regardless of how often you post, it doesn't make your opinions more relevant than others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Real Purple Fan said:

We will agree to disagree. I want to see the kids win in life as much as I  do on the court. And if Rizzuto saves a life Idc if he ever scores another point. Your comments have nothing to do with someone's feelings being hurt. They have to do with the team being 3-1 in conference play and everyone acting as if they are 0-4.  I definitely don't know who you are and idc to know you. I never planned on being a part of "the board" and may never post again. Regardless of how often you post, it doesn't make your opinions more relevant than others. 

I would encourage you to post and counter balance my crazy...I never said my opinions are more valid than someone else's. It's a discussion board, you want to turn it into a worship temple where everything is awesome. I'm not against rizzuto saving lives if that's what he wants to do. In fact that would be pretty phenomenal and in the context of life far more important than basketball. 

 

My comments  on a message board about UA hoops are completely germane to the topic at hand. His and their contribution to winning, which for the better part of 2 years have been negligible. Not much was expected last year consider the youth of the team. They were expected to show some progress individually, they haven't. The team has all things consider despite some pieces that were expected to help being a complete mess. 

 

As for you not caring to know who I am? I don't care if you do or don't. I'm simply pointing out that you are flat out wrong when you suggest I only say what I say because I can hide behind a clock of anonymity. It's not true... 

The disappointing part of this is complete lack of progress and as some would say regression on the part of individual players. I guess the old adage about best things about freshman is that they turn sophomores isn't necessarily true considering the sophomore returns. This team hasn't competed for a regular season title in some years now... I don't think they will this year. They appear to be on track for 15 or 16 wins this season with key pieces not progressing. I understand we are 3 and 1...2 of the wins against bottom of the league teams. Unh was a good win and they never quit. And tonight 3 guys showed up. I'm not saying rizzuto and DeSousa aren't trying... Im sure they are. But right now it's just not good... Sorry. Although I do agree Adam had a decent game so maybe he's on his way. With uml and Hartford coming up at home we'll find out quick what this team is about. 

As disappointed as I am...when Wednesday arrives, I'll be in my seat... Supporting every player and praying for them to shut me up. Stomping my feet and even in some cases starting the defense chants. 

 

Today was rough... We get a chance at redemption on Wednesday. 

Edited by Clickclack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Real Purple Fan said:

I never planned on being a part of "the board" and may never post again. Regardless of how often you post, it doesn't make your opinions more relevant than others. 

Who said anyone's opinion was more relevant than others? No one. In fact, the way you're coming at people suggests that you think your opinion holds more relevance than others. I mean, your username even suggests you think you're more 'real' than the rest of us. Next, you will tell us that you played modifies basketball in 7th grade and thus know more than us. Joke.

Edit: that's all I'll say. You can leave any time. 

Edited by Eli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I  remember reading a post by Click Clack stating that he didn't need you to fight his battles. I believe it was when he was being responded to via Twitter by some of the players.  I will let him tell you what he did in response to the players (if you are friends outside of the message board).  We can go on forever but I will say it once again. " We can agree to disagree ". So far this year we are better than last year by the numbers after 20 games.  I never told anyone what they can post on a public forum. I just decided to post what I wanted some people to hear in response to all the negativity. If I get the urge to comment on any other topic I will. You don't own the board.  I'm Sure everyone is tired of reading my back and forth. Bottom line it was a not a good game for UA and we need to bounce back.   But I'm certainly not going to give up on the team 4 games into conference play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Real Purple Fan said:

I  remember reading a post by Click Clack stating that he didn't need you to fight his battles. I believe it was when he was being responded to via Twitter by some of the players.  I will let him tell you what he did in response to the players (if you are friends outside of the message board).  We can go on forever but I will say it once again. " We can agree to disagree ". So far this year we are better than last year by the numbers after 20 games.  I never told anyone what they can post on a public forum. I just decided to post what I wanted some people to hear in response to all the negativity. If I get the urge to comment on any other topic I will. You don't own the board.  I'm Sure everyone is tired of reading my back and forth. Bottom line it was a not a good game for UA and we need to bounce back.   But I'm certainly not going to give up on the team 4 games into conference play. 

It was one player, who then retracted his tweet...and I didn't do anything to them. None of them were even directly addressed via an @ they chose to follow. I'm not out there chasing them and tweeting at them. 

My tweets have fans on the roster lol...(I say that jokingly) I won't even tell you what tweet three guys liked today or who they were...it will just upset you. I'm not naive enough to think they actually liked it. 

 

u6oQTpZ.gif

Edited by Clickclack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Real Purple Fan said:

I  remember reading a post by Click Clack stating that he didn't need you to fight his battles. I believe it was when he was being responded to via Twitter by some of the players.  I will let him tell you what he did in response to the players (if you are friends outside of the message board).  We can go on forever but I will say it once again. " We can agree to disagree ". So far this year we are better than last year by the numbers after 20 games.  I never told anyone what they can post on a public forum. I just decided to post what I wanted some people to hear in response to all the negativity. If I get the urge to comment on any other topic I will. You don't own the board.  I'm Sure everyone is tired of reading my back and forth. Bottom line it was a not a good game for UA and we need to bounce back.   But I'm certainly not going to give up on the team 4 games into conference play. 

I'm not sure my first posts would be ripping the people who have been on this board a while (I have not). Seems like trolling to me. 

As for the team, we have enjoyed some decent success over the years and right now the team is not progressing.  Does not mean they wont, and we will continue to root for them . 

Sometimes a team is just much better. Defense might win championships, however we played the best defensive game in years and still lost by 8. Need to continue to get better and recuit more atheltic kids. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Neither rizzuto nor DeSousa have regressed.. You have to progress to regress. DeSousa had a good end of season stretch but rizzuto has been a mess his entire career. 

You absolutely loved DeSousa last year and all preseason. You posted after almost every game last year about how you thought he was going to be great, and he deserved more time. Desousa Desousa Desaousa alllllllllll last year from you. How much potential he had, you were so high on him. And now today you post that he never progressed and was never any good. 

I feel bad for the hutch kid who you LOVE this year because when he has a slow start next year, you are gonna hate him and call him terrible, non D1 athlete and say he was never any good too. 

I get it, its what have you done for me lately, but some of you guys need to really back off on these kids. Why are you fans if it makes you so miserable?? 

Many of you TRASHED Clark unmercifully and said we can't win with him, he needs to leave, he isn't a winner, blah blah blah. Now you are the same ones who write on here, that he is the only one who can score and we can win with. Make up your minds! If I were a player on this team, and I read what most of you had to say about this team and individuals, I wouldn't want you to come!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Dane06grad said:

You absolutely loved DeSousa last year and all preseason. You posted after almost every game last year about how you thought he was going to be great, and he deserved more time. Desousa Desousa Desaousa alllllllllll last year from you. How much potential he had, you were so high on him. And now today you post that he never progressed and was never any good. 

I feel bad for the hutch kid who you LOVE this year because when he has a slow start next year, you are gonna hate him and call him terrible, non D1 athlete and say he was never any good too. 

I get it, its what have you done for me lately, but some of you guys need to really back off on these kids. Why are you fans if it makes you so miserable?? 

Many of you TRASHED Clark unmercifully and said we can't win with him, he needs to leave, he isn't a winner, blah blah blah. Now you are the same ones who write on here, that he is the only one who can score and we can win with. Make up your minds! If I were a player on this team, and I read what most of you had to say about this team and individuals, I wouldn't want you to come!

This is absolute nonsense... He had a decent last 5 games or so. I never as you claimed celebrated him all last year. If you are going to rip me at least be accurate... Or not... Whatever. The potential was and is still there. Do you think he's progressed going into the end of his second year? It's an undeniable analytical fact that both Rizzuto and DeSousa have regressed very significantly. The numbers bear this out. That's disappointing. 

I'm also not here starting threads about how incredible Hutch is. Yes, he has had himself a nice start to his career and future seems bright with him but even he has a long way to go. No one is out here putting the kid in the hall of fame. If next year he has himself a shell of a year he's having this season... Yeah, people are gonna bring up if it happens how he's taken a step back. 

 

Are you happy with what you are getting out of Rizzuto and DeSousa? Be honest with yourself... You don't have to post it. No one here killing Healy... You know he's going to contribute to winning. I swear 80% or more I can't tell if DeSousa or Rizzuto played. They make almost no impact 8 out of 10 games consistently. 

Rizzuto doesn't produce but when I watch him... He seems to have all the tools. Good mobility and lateral quickness, strong driver, decent release on shot, physically mature, good pesky defender (I think this is his biggest asset now). Honestly perplexed why he's so bad. Spent some time looking at this analytics between last year to this year. He actually contributed quite a bit last year. This year he has fallen way way off. It's mind boggling and highly unusual. Most kids take a jump on second go-around. 

 

I'll give you Clark... We should all kiss the ground he walks on. One of two or three kids that game in and game out who you can count on won't be invisible. He can be frustrating in his own right but at least he makes an impact. Some others just coast. 

Edited by Clickclack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last nights loss was almost as simple as couldnt land a shot, Clark trying to force and is ineffective when not scoring but at 3-1 with a winning record who can actually complain, nights happen. Agreed on Rizzuto I remember last year kid was getting twenty a night multiple nights, not sure how the regression can be so strong.  At the end of the day 3-1 is good just confusing how lulka, desouza and rizzuto have not strung together good games yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Also can someone tell me what happened to Doherty. He was suppose to be a good player with an immediate impact.

Would also like to see this question answered by someone?? Doherty was suppose to compete for playing time right away and Hutch was predicted to Red Shirt. Was one just recruit hype and the other just a big surprise?? Did UA get lucky on one and just bombed on the other?? These are questions the STAFF needs to be answering, at least among themselves. Not saying the staff needs to report to us; but I would like to know the answers to the above. All opinions on the matter welcomed.

ps My assessment on the game. Shoot a % or 2 better and we win the game. Give brook credit they played great D; but couple more makes and we win that game. We most definitely can compete with brook and by default vt also. Not saying UA will win the league, but I for one think they will be right in there at the end.

Lastly if this was baseball, Olaniyi should be checked for STERIODS. Speaking of UA players not progressing; this kid went from about 7 points per game last year and 3 rebounds or so to almost 20 per and a double double machine.  

Edited by dslyank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This staff is so hit and miss. We're really missing that guy who left to start his own recruiting business (Chad O'Donnell?). We need to contract him or something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will say that in recent years this board has become a bit more malicious with how players are talked about.  I've been on here for many years and never do I remember people talking so badly about the student athletes.  There was criticism but some of it now is a good bit worse than it used to be.  What you say may be reality but it doesn't make it right.  These aren't pro athletes and I think they deserve a little bot more leeway. Just my thoughts.  This is why I don't really read much, especially during games and post a lot less than I used to.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

I will say that in recent years this board has become a bit more malicious with how players are talked about.  I've been on here for many years and never do I remember people talking so badly about the student athletes.  There was criticism but some of it now is a good bit worse than it used to be.  What you say may be reality but it doesn't make it right.  These aren't pro athletes and I think they deserve a little bot more leeway. Just my thoughts.  This is why I don't really read much, especially during games and post a lot less than I used to.  

Upon self reflection... Guilty as charged if I'm being honest. Gotta tone it down a bit. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...