UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #25: 2/12/20 @ 7PM at Hartford

Eli and Clack where the heck are you guys?  Please come back!   This team needs to have a fire lit under them. I simply cannot believe hford is a better team and is coached better than UA. Tell me it ain't so? I'm ready to lite the match. I know this blog can't get UA to play better; but the blog was so much more fun with your fire and brimstone.

8 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Not sure who you think we will lose to among Maine, UMBC, NH, and UML, but I am thinking 10-6. The team will go 3-1 against those 4 teams and beat SBU or UVM in round 2 and finish 10-6 right where most preseason polls predicted. Will probably end the season at 18-15 or if we are lucky 19-15 right where I said in the preseason would be the minimum they would finish (although I think I thought 23 or 24 wins was where they would actually finish). 

Getting to 18 wins might actually be an over performance to preseason expectations if we knew back in October that the team would have this many injuries and missed games.

Every team deals with injuries. Who’s missed significant time here that’s really held this team back? Jojo Anderson? 

17 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Every team deals with injuries. Who’s missed significant time here that’s really held this team back? Jojo Anderson? 

Not a fair statement at all . But I'll give u 1 person.  Lulka: a 9 point plus scorer as a freshman and our leading rebounder. 

I dont want to go find it but there was a recent article that stated the only 2 players who have not missed practice was Lauderdale and Henson. Your right every team gets injuries but only 2 players not missing practice is outrageous.  

We have had a ton of injuries. I would guess more then 95 percent of the other teams. It's not an excuse but your statement above is ridiculous.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Not a fair statement at all . But I'll give u 1 person.  Lulka: a 9 point plus scorer as a freshman and our leading rebounder. 

I dont want to go find it but there was a recent article that stated the only 2 players who have not missed practice was Lauderdale and Henson. Your right every team gets injuries but only 2 players not missing practice is outrageous.  

We have had a ton of injuries. I would guess more then 95 percent of the other teams. It's not an excuse but your statement above is ridiculous.  

It’s all good. I’ll wait for the excuses next year. Seems to me all of the injuries happen at practices. Maybe change something there who knows.

Last year it’s they’re  young, this year it’s they’re injured. In my opinion our full team healthy is not better than Vermont, Stony Brook, or even Hartford. 

UA'08 Last year they were young and were forced to try and replace their best 2 players well after the recruiting cycle was over - not easy.

This year they are banged up - Lulka injury(s) basically cost him the season, Healy has been struggling for awhile before being out totally against Hartford. JoJo Anderson was suppose to be the calming force on this team when Clark or Healy struggled.( He basically lost the whole season.) Hutchinson, Rizzuto and DeSousa have tried to fight through nagging injuries for most of the season. Yea all teams struggle through injuries but I think what your seeing with UA is above that.

The real confusing thing is Foul Shooting it hurt us in a few losses especially Hartford and UVM (recently) and to pour salt in the wound in both those games our opponents banked in big threes.

All this put together doesn't make for optimal results. It is what it is ! It seems like we are a  team stuggling for survival!!!

I am waiting and hoping that we can have our perimeter players all play solid on the same night while the entire team shoots 75% or better from the FT Line. Then I would like to see how we fare.

• Like 2

I cant remember the last time we got a transfer and they had to sit a year but if there was ever a time it's now. There are a ton of D1 transfers.  Let them sit next year and then with our core are sr's we can try and have a very special season. 

The core of the team is still young but the excuses run out next year. I know we seem to have gotten a very good freshman point guard coming in but the rest of our recruiting seems very very underwhelming.  

18 hours ago, Patch said:

UA'08 Last year they were young and were forced to try and replace their best 2 players well after the recruiting cycle was over - not easy.

This year they are banged up - Lulka injury(s) basically cost him the season, Healy has been struggling for awhile before being out totally against Hartford. JoJo Anderson was suppose to be the calming force on this team when Clark or Healy struggled.( He basically lost the whole season.) Hutchinson, Rizzuto and DeSousa have tried to fight through nagging injuries for most of the season. Yea all teams struggle through injuries but I think what your seeing with UA is above that.

The real confusing thing is Foul Shooting it hurt us in a few losses especially Hartford and UVM (recently) and to pour salt in the wound in both those games our opponents banked in big threes.

All this put together doesn't make for optimal results. It is what it is ! It seems like we are a  team stuggling for survival!!!

I am waiting and hoping that we can have our perimeter players all play solid on the same night while the entire team shoots 75% or better from the FT Line. Then I would like to see how we fare.

I don’t disagree with much of what you said. Yes they were plagued with injuries, but even if they were 100% do you really think they’d would have been able to compete for a regular season championship? 

My main question is what’s going to be the excuse next year if we have another 9-7/8-8 mediocre season. 

Stony Brook lost a potential 1st team guy and their coach.

Hartford list probably one of their best graduating classes last year and reloaded with a dominant grad transfer and developed some of their underclassmen.

Are we going to hear that facilities are reallly holding back the coaching staff from recruiting???

Hope they win out so I can eat crow.

Edited by UA'08

1 hour ago, UA'08 said:

I don’t disagree with much of what you said. Yes they were plagued with injuries, but even if they were 100% do you really think they’d would have been able to compete for a regular season championship? 

My main question is what’s going to be the excuse next year if we have another 9-7/8-8 mediocre season. 

Stony Brook lost a potential 1st team guy and their coach.

Hartford list probably one of their best graduating classes last year and reloaded with a dominant grad transfer and developed some of their underclassmen.

Are we going to hear that facilities are reallly holding back the coaching staff from recruiting???

Hope they win out so I can eat crow.

I agree with everything you said here. This is the last year for excuses.  I hate excuses and I tell my kids that all the time. I do think that when you lose 2 top kids to transfers unexpectedly at the end of the year it's different.  If Brown knew they were leaving I obviously think they would have been recruiting.  It's got to be tough to start recruiting again so late in the year. 

We can still finish 10-6 or better. (Stony Brooks best player appears to have a pretty good injury).  I looks forward to seeing how we improve and what this recruiting class brings but I'm not ready to close the book on this season just yet.  

1 hour ago, UA1882 said:

I agree with everything you said here. This is the last year for excuses.  I hate excuses and I tell my kids that all the time. I do think that when you lose 2 top kids to transfers unexpectedly at the end of the year it's different.  If Brown knew they were leaving I obviously think they would have been recruiting.  It's got to be tough to start recruiting again so late in the year. 

We can still finish 10-6 or better. (Stony Brooks best player appears to have a pretty good injury).  I looks forward to seeing how we improve and what this recruiting class brings but I'm not ready to close the book on this season just yet.  

Im not sure who’s injured for Stony Brook right now, but my comment earlier was about them losing Yeboah, who was already a first teammer not a potential one.