UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #27: 2/20/2020 @7PM vs UMBC

2 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

I agree. I have given the team the benefit of the doubt but not next year. Someone on this board (too lazy to look it up) tried to say we are an above average team . We are a slightly below Division 1 team .

Click said this 10 games ago but he is 100 percent right . EVERY SINGLE PLAYER needs to be recruited above. This coaching staff should say every single starting position is open. 

I cant name 1 player that has really improved over last year . Not 1. Someone please help me on this because that's on the coaching staff. 

De Sousa and Hutch with 3 points( a 3 by Hutch). That won't cut it with Clark and Healy also off.  Recipe for a big loss.

6 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

I agree. I have given the team the benefit of the doubt but not next year. Someone on this board (too lazy to look it up) tried to say we are an above average team . We are a slightly below Division 1 team .

Click said this 10 games ago but he is 100 percent right . EVERY SINGLE PLAYER needs to be recruited above. This coaching staff should say every single starting position is open. 

I cant name 1 player that has really improved over last year . Not 1. Someone please help me on this because that's on the coaching staff. 

This staff has done Jack sh*t when it comes to recruiting since sanders and singletary. The staff didn’t even have to recruit Cremo as he was going there no matter what. He helped them out there and he helped them leaving early!!

Edited by UA'08
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

This staff has done Jack sh*t when it comes to recruiting since sanders and singletary. The staff didn’t even have to recruit Cremo as he was going there no matter what. He helped them out there and he helped them leaving early!!

That brings up something I have said before that also keeps my promise not to criticize individual players.  The homegrown coaching staff has got to go.  None of those guys are challenging CB, they are yes men, and they respect him so much that they can't say  "coach, this isn't working.  You need to try this.  It worked at my last program."  Oops, wait, UA was their last program.  That's the problem.  

While I am at it, for those fellas here that are UA Lax fans too, notice who the two asst coaches for Marr are?  Two former players and the program has regressed.  Coincidence?  They challenging Marr?  They coming up with new ideas from another program?  I say not.  Nice to be loyal, but in D1 athletics you have to change when times get tough where loyalty may get you fired someday.

• Like 1

Not defending them cause tonight they were awful, pretty sure healy, clark, desousa and rizzuto are all good recruits. Looking back david nichols, travis charles, stire and cremo were all studs recently. Especially healy, kind of comical were in third place in league and people are commenting we dont recruit talent lately? what is it then all luck!? That being said- what is UAs offensive identity? UA doesnt run much and when they do their forwards screen and almost force double teams on the guards. Would team be better with more forced ball movement and hate to say it but less threes

Also to say UA doesnt recruit talent is absurd i think were second to third best talent wise in entire league and except for year after cremo and nichols bailed last minute, ua always has talent under brown. When i say talent i mean compared to rest of the america east, always a top 5 talent team. To say ua hasnt  recruited well is absurd. Did you know a sophmore set the school record for scoring this season LOL!

7 minutes ago, Bball2020 said:

Also to say UA doesnt recruit talent is absurd i think were second to third best talent wise in entire league and except for year after cremo and nichols bailed last minute, ua always has talent under brown. When i say talent i mean compared to rest of the america east, always a top 5 talent team. To say ua hasnt  recruited well is absurd. Did you know a sophmore set the school record for scoring this season LOL!

I'm not saying they are not talented. I'm saying they are not progessing. These guys got a ton of minutes as freshman and I would like you to please name 1 player who has gotten noticeably better from last year to this year? Please name 1. I'm not trying to be an @ss I really mean it. Back it up with facts. 

That's my complaint. Just because you are a good high school recuit means very little as a sophomore. 

Edited by UA1882

I tend to agree with progression with hank, i think rizzuto has been disappointing but at least has cane on lately and is a good defender guy you win with. Clark has improved, healy despite a few bad games has moved towards a star, lulka has regressed but could he just be injured.? Desousa has regressed but also has been injured. Team is young but even with loss tonight is still in third place so yes could use lack of improvement but also perspective is key. This is vermonts year then stony brook then thirds up for grabs— recruiting wise program is in great shape whether browns back or not. By the way, will amica is a stud as well.

9 minutes ago, Bball2020 said:

I tend to agree with progression with hank, i think rizzuto has been disappointing but at least has cane on lately and is a good defender guy you win with. Clark has improved, healy despite a few bad games has moved towards a star, lulka has regressed but could he just be injured.? Desousa has regressed but also has been injured. Team is young but even with loss tonight is still in third place so yes could use lack of improvement but also perspective is key. This is vermonts year then stony brook then thirds up for grabs— recruiting wise program is in great shape whether browns back or not. By the way, will amica is a stud as well.

I love facts: I believe Clark's decision making is slightly better this year but if you look at is STATS, they are basically the same from last year. (I like him and he is our best player). A 40 percent field goal player as a sr. 

Healy STATS are actually slightly lower. Although hurt (and I understand that) , he was a better (statistical) player last year. 

The rest are the same or lower. That's kind of my point, they are not improving and if you look at the FACTS everyone will see that. 

Edited by UA1882

2 minutes ago, Bball2020 said:

They’re young, they’re injured blah blah blah. It’s either put up or shut up next year. Take the purple glasses off for one minute please.

Haha, i can sense your frustration. I guess if you expected them to win the league you can be upset. They are in third place. They will be ok. Its a long season. They didnt play well tonight. They are young. They will be fine. Brown will be back next year, unless he chooses to go elsewhere. They will be a top five team again next year and will also have bad games next year too. They will also have good games. Perspective is everything. Program is solid. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Bball2020 said:

Not defending them cause tonight they were awful, pretty sure healy, clark, desousa and rizzuto are all good recruits. Looking back david nichols, travis charles, stire and cremo were all studs recently. Especially healy, kind of comical were in third place in league and people are commenting we dont recruit talent lately? what is it then all luck!? That being said- what is UAs offensive identity? UA doesnt run much and when they do their forwards screen and almost force double teams on the guards. Would team be better with more forced ball movement and hate to say it but less threes

Did you call Stire a stud?  Solid role player at best.  6 points and 5.5 RB’s per game.  And, at least according to others, Cremo wasn’t really here because of recruiting.

Can someone smarter than me explain the end of the first half?  

First w Hanks on the line shooting a 1 and 1 we have nobody rebounding?  Nobody?

Then with fouls to give we and 5 seconds left we let a guy into the lane to score?  Why didn’t we foul?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bball2020 said:

Haha, i can sense your frustration. I guess if you expected them to win the league you can be upset. They are in third place. They will be ok. Its a long season. They didnt play well tonight. They are young. They will be fine. Brown will be back next year, unless he chooses to go elsewhere. They will be a top five team again next year and will also have bad games next year too. They will also have good games. Perspective is everything. Program is solid. 

No disrespect, but a top five program in the America East is not saying much.

• Like 1