UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #29: 2/26/2020 @ 7PM @ UMass- Lowell

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if UA doesn't beat Lowell, they probably don't win another game this season.  The offense is so bad, teams have enough film now to stop any offense we did have and we have no answer or adjustments.  

It’s ok we are lucky to have WB. We lose our one and only player that can create his own shot and handle the ball. Luckily we’ll hopefully have a backup PG coming off ACL surgery and a so called freshman stud to slide right in 👍

But ahh shucks, if it weren’t for that Cremo and Nichols leaving a year early.

MAYBE time to clean house?? Not renew some schollie's. Those who regressed, let them walk--play DII or whatever. Would be sorry to lose Malachi the most, but fact is  no offensive game what-so-ever. I love Rizzuto's hustle but his shooting %age makes him no more than a back-up, who may get a hot streak for a few minutes now and again. Keep Healy and Hutchinson REBUILD from there. Get a new assistant coach or two while we are at it.

Edited by dslyank

Funny the difference a week makes. Last week we were coming off the win at Maine with two homes games and thoughts about sneaking into the two seed. This week is widespread panic.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with French. They've been all over the place with him - either he starts or doesn't get off the bench at all. I thought he was OK the other night. I can see why Dslyank and someone on staff liked him enough to recruit him. He moves well and has some semblance of a post-up game. I thought he rushed the shots he got, which was weird because I didn't think UNH had anyone on the court who could really contest him. He grabbed a couple of nice rebounds but is going to get bullied in the post on the defensive end. I'd like to see him paired up with Hansen in the front court with Lulka and Hank coming off the bench to back them up.

I keep waiting for Lulka to be the guy he was last year but I'm not sure it's going to happen.

I like Rizzuto for what he can do but I really don't like him playing at the SF spot for extended periods. It makes us really small and vulnerable to getting posted up which happened several times again UNH. 

I dont think its panic.  I think its reality. Cant put the ball in the hoop.  Plain and simple. 

Also I did not want to respond in the recruiting thread but someone said Hansen should have been starting week 1. I will majorly disagree (but in a good way). He has improved a ton. He was terrible the first 10 games. Shot like 25 percent and turned the ball over a ton, was never in the right position . He has 100 percent learned to play in the system and his thriving.  Good for him.

I'm not the sky is falling guy YET. We need to bring in a couple of impact guys (easier said then done) and I think we will be good next year. 

I like Clark but Anderson was just as good at his other school (and in Canada) and should replace him just fine. 

That really only leaves Hansen as a player they need to replace and everyone will be a year bigger and strong. Recruiting will be huge this season. Let's see what happens. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UA1882 said:

I dont think its panic.  I think its reality. Cant put the ball in the hoop.  Plain and simple. 

Also I did not want to respond in the recruiting thread but someone said Hansen should have been starting week 1. I will majorly disagree (but in a good way). He has improved a ton. He was terrible the first 10 games. Shot like 25 percent and turned the ball over a ton, was never in the right position . He has 100 percent learned to play in the system and his thriving.  Good for him.

I'm not the sky is falling guy YET. We need to bring in a couple of impact guys (easier said then done) and I think we will be good next year. 

I like Clark but Anderson was just as good at his other school (and in Canada) and should replace him just fine. 

That really only leaves Hansen as a player they need to replace and everyone will be a year bigger and strong. Recruiting will be huge this season. Let's see what happens. 

You are banking on someone that’s coming off of ACL surgery. At this point I would just put a giant question mark by Anderson’s name for next year. So pretty much have a giant question at the PG spot! 

7 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Totally agree with this. There was interview with Hansen of the weekly basketball show and he talked a little about how much he's learned over the course of the season.

6 hours ago, UA'08 said:

You are banking on someone that’s coming off of ACL surgery. At this point I would just put a giant question mark by Anderson’s name for next year. So pretty much have a giant question at the PG spot! 

I feel the same way but am hoping for the best. We were actually in a similar spot when Jamar had season-ending surgery one year and then came back strong.

40 minutes ago, Dane Pound said:

I feel the same way but am hoping for the best. We were actually in a similar spot when Jamar had season-ending surgery one year and then came back strong.

Did not know that about Jamar. Started following his sophomore year, which was his redshirt sophomore I guess.

28 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Did not know that about Jamar. Started following his sophomore year, which was his redshirt sophomore I guess.

He broke his kneecap if memory serves me.  I would think that injury, once healed, has better results than an ACL can have sometimes.

We will definitely find out if the UA offense is truly offensive tomorrow vs UMass- Lowell.  UA can't put the ball in the ocean if standing on the beach the past few games.  Lowells defense is horrid.  We scored 101 pts last time including 59 in a half.  With the way things have been going, we may only score 59 for the game.  If that happens, just pack it up for the season.  Put us out of our misery. 😩😩

Just now, Dane96 said:

I just want to know why we didn't give French more time. I've been harping on it (privately) all year long.  Really don't....

He has played very well on the offensive end , however he is atrocious defensively. Constantly out of position. But def better offensively (more active). 

I really hope Healy is hurt. He is also terrible defensively, cant rebound,  cant pass. If he is not scoring 20 a night he is a bad player.