UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UMass - Amherst , Men's Lacrosse 03-03-2020 @ 3:00 PM

Gte tired of seeing guys OUTHUSSLED to the ground balls.  That's what it comes down to.  Time for Marr to kick some asses in practice!  It is embarrassing!

Edited by HOF2013

Got to pay attention.................................................backside LS??

Open again and they score!!!!

Edited by HOF2013

Impossible to win when we lose 80% of the faceoffs and no ground balls!.  Defense has been on the field 2/3 or the game again.  They get tired.   Just disappointing!    Altimari is SOFT - no other way to say it.  Can't play three days after playing a game.  Moved slowly with no aggression at all.  The freshman is just no match for these other FO kids!!!!   We play with anybody for when we get ground balls and win some faceoffs.  Look at the first 1/2's this year.  We come out lackadaisically in the 3rd every game, stars with faceoffs and ground balls!!

Edited by HOF2013

Story of today's game. umass better offense, better defense, better goal tending,and won ground ball battle 50 to 0, and about the same at face-off. Obviously un-official stats on my part; but check it out when officially available, I'm not far off.

ps did i mention we could NOT clear the ball. Another stat I'd love to check--maybe UA all time low clear rate?

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

Just now, dslyank said:

Story of today's game. umass better offense, better defense, better goal tending,and won ground ball battle 50 to 0, and about the same at face-off. Obviously un-official stats on my part; but check it out when officially available, I'm not far off.

Today maybe BUT in general their Offense is not better they had the ball about 3/4 of the entire game!.  Our face off is just terrible.  Altimari is soft as hell [that was why he did not play last year].  He can not play three days after playing a game.  He was slow and had no aggression while in there.  The freshman just can not compete against these other faceoff.  We just conceded the faceoff most of time.  It is REALLY tough to play defense for the entire game - we must have been on the field 3/4 of the game - and win.  The kids get exhausted!  Our Def was decent until the 4th.  Kept us in the game.  GOTTA get ground balls too.  Just awful, especially against good teams.

• Like 1