UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Where Do We Go From Here? Negativity Inside

The answer to the topic question is: to recruit.  

I think they would mix up the staff but Brown is too loyal to do that . They will all go down with the ship. 

Almost every team this year looked more athletic.  I find it hard to believe we can bring some of these guys in. Huge offseason this year. Only time will tell. 

Edited by UA1882
  • Like 1

I know Healey has been hurt for a few weeks. I remember there was debate if he should sit for a few games to get healthy. I think it started before the second Hartford game. He played in hopes of keeping a higher seed. I can't help but think that it was a waste ending with a 7 anyway. Would we have been better off giving him a few weeks off and bringing him back for the playoffs? Is the decision on the training staff?

Who do we blame for all the injuries this year? Were they freak, or can the training staff be to blame? 

I am currently going through some back issues and a pinched nerve. It's painful. I've learned to walk through it, and when it loosens up I can even run and dribble a little, but I tried to shoot during my 5th grade teams skills contest to compete against the kids, and it really affects my shot. I'm no marksman, but I can normally drain a bunch in a three point contest, I couldn't get any arc and I did horribly. I have to imagine if what Healy is going through is anything like what I am, it would really hurt his shot.

Edited by godanesgo99

22 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

I know Healey has been hurt for a few weeks. I remember there was debate if he should sit for a few games to get healthy. I think it started before the second Hartford game. He played in hopes of keeping a higher seed. I can't help but think that it was a waste ending with a 7 anyway. Would we have been better off giving him a few weeks off and bringing him back for the playoffs? Is the decision on the training staff?

Who do we blame for all the injuries this year? Were they freak, or can the training staff be to blame? 

I am currently going through some back issues and a pinched nerve. It's painful. I've learned to walk through it, and when it loosens up I can even run and dribble a little, but I tried to shoot during my 5th grade teams skills contest to compete against the kids, and it really affects my shot. I'm no marksman, but I can normally drain a bunch in a three point contest, I couldn't get any arc and I did horribly. I have to imagine if what Healy is going through is anything like what I am, it would really hurt his shot.

He'll be fine... A dude like that doesn't forget how to shoot. 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the back pain 99. Even our fans are hurt this year. What the hell!!!

I have no idea about the where the injuries came from. I'm sure most guys lobby to come back and assume they'll be better soon. 

Depressing to look back that. We were 6-3 went Healy got injured and then went 1-6 in the next 7 games to finish the season. This thread would probably have had a different title had that not happened.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Dane Pound said:

Sorry to hear about the back pain 99. Even our fans are hurt this year. What the hell!!!

I have no idea about the where the injuries came from. I'm sure most guys lobby to come back and assume they'll be better soon. 

Depressing to look back that. We were 6-3 went Healy got injured and then went 1-6 in the next 7 games to finish the season. This thread would probably have had a different title had that not happened.

I agree a healthy Healy dropping 16-17 a game would have helped the team win a couple more AE games.  My problem is the old mantra, next man up.  Opportunity for someone or two to say, " our guy is hurting, get us the ball coach and we will help us to victory" and then executing and producing.  Need I mention the individuals who did not execute and produce since the injury?  I am not including Clark, who has done all he can and I will give some props to Hansen who has come on late.  That's what worries many here for next season.  If you didn't step up when needed this season, who says you will next season.  No job should be safe.

53 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

He'll be fine... A dude like that doesn't forget how to shoot. 

I'm sure he will be fine, but if you looked at his numbers over the last few games there is clearly something wrong. This thread is about blaming the coaches or the players for the underperforming season. I posted to float the idea that the trainers did something wrong. If I was healthy, I could do better than 1-18 from 3 or whatever Healy sis the last few games. 

40 minutes ago, Dane Pound said:

Thanks for the concern. MRI tomorrow and hopefully a cortisone shot instead of surgery. I can't do surgery now with how busy I am now

1 minute ago, godanesgo99 said:

I'm sure he will be fine, but if you looked at his numbers over the last few games there is clearly something wrong. This thread is about blaming the coaches or the players for the underperforming season. I posted to float the idea that the trainers did something wrong. If I was healthy, I could do better than 1-18 from 3 or whatever Healy sis the last few games. 

That's not the point of this thread. People are upset... People are trying to make sense of what has happened. This is a feelings place... LET PEOPLE FEEL... 😂 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, godanesgo99 said:

Thanks for the concern. MRI tomorrow and hopefully a cortisone shot instead of surgery. I can't do surgery now with how busy I am now

OT: Cortisone (and Kenalog) injections are very temporary. I've been dealing with a chronic back issue in my L5/S1 area (I believe its called degenerative disc or something) since I was 19 (due to being a passenger in a car accident before my 17th birthday).

As for Healey, he'll be fine once he's healed but I still stand by my earlier statement. He is just a shooter. That's his role and he does it very well. If Brown intends to depend on him to be a defender, a passer, a rebounder, etc. next season...we've got problems.

Edited by Eli

The words that I fall back on are:

Disappointment: I was looking for some measurable improvement from last season

Frustration: In reality, there is little I can do personally to make a difference for next season

Can this situation be fixed? Oh, I think this question was asked last year.  This year demonstrated that the answer is still in the wind.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

The words that I fall back on are:

Disappointment: I was looking for some measurable improvement from last season

Frustration: In reality, there is little I can do personally to make a difference for next season

Can this situation be fixed? Oh, I think this question was asked last year.  This year demonstrated that the answer is still in the wind.

Last year at least you understood what happened. Can't normally win with 5 freshman. This year was a complete dud, no one got better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Clickclack said:

Last year at least you understood what happened. Can't normally win with 5 freshman. This year was a complete dud, no one got better. 

Shooting 33% or less is a killer... I wonder did our seniors really demonstrate the type of leadership needed when times are  hard.   ... Was it matter of going thru the motions?