UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

6 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Things that's concern me with him is very slow footwork and very methodical. He's going to have to outwit his defenders... 

Get him in the gym during the offseason.  Kid can shoot, had some moves, can play a little D, has some hops and has a lot to fix. 

The key is he didn't seem to make a lot of truly bonehead plays for a freshmen which means he has a good foundation to start with mentally. You can teach some of the other stuff (obviously not all of the athleticism) but he was always cool as a cucumber. To me, he reminds me, as far as demeanor on the court of Peter Hooley.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bball2020 said:

transfer:

french

shafer

Is Shafer leaving? That would be sad, as I thought he had a lot of promise. Didn't get much PT this year, but was also injured all year. He should know the system already so he would have a leg up on any other new guys. 

We hope Just cause we already have many at that position, looks like a spot up unatheltic shooter who cannot dribble, to your point, didnt get much of a chance but we have enough. Looking for as many scholarships as they can get as only five guys next year will have an impact. Anyone know if lulka still plays basketball? Will lulka work on basketball at all from now until next year? Desousa? I say over recruit them.

Should seriously be looking to recruit over every player every year. Thats what top teams do. You should never ever be satisfied with what you have. You get the best, longest, most athletic players you can land regardless of position.  Playing time sorts itself out.

Brown needs to make sure everyone on the team knows that their spots aren't safe, and they need to work hard during the offseason - not only on strength and conditioning, but on flexibility, health, and stretching. Too many people forget those 3 things and then end up with back, leg, and shoulder problems. He is recruiting the best and longest he can find at anyposition and bring them in, as he needs to win now as its the last year of his contract. He needs to allow people to walk that wont ensure health next season.  

People seem to have soured on deSousa, but he hasn't been right since landing on his ankle wrong and missing time. He was playing hurt just like the rest of the team for at least the last month of the season. I think Hansen may have been the only player that didn't miss significant time or attempt to play while still under 80%. 

1 hour ago, godanesgo99 said:

Should seriously be looking to recruit over every player every year. Thats what top teams do. You should never ever be satisfied with what you have. You get the best, longest, most athletic players you can land regardless of position.  Playing time sorts itself out.

Brown needs to make sure everyone on the team knows that their spots aren't safe, and they need to work hard during the offseason - not only on strength and conditioning, but on flexibility, health, and stretching. Too many people forget those 3 things and then end up with back, leg, and shoulder problems. He is recruiting the best and longest he can find at anyposition and bring them in, as he needs to win now as its the last year of his contract. He needs to allow people to walk that wont ensure health next season.  

People seem to have soured on deSousa, but he hasn't been right since landing on his ankle wrong and missing time. He was playing hurt just like the rest of the team for at least the last month of the season. I think Hansen may have been the only player that didn't miss significant time or attempt to play while still under 80%. 

Sousa was largely terrible since the first minute of the first game. IMO. He had like 5 or 6 moments during the long season where he showed last seasons game. Can't blame that on injury. Considering how he finished last year, most people expected 10+ points a game night in night out. I'm on my phone but my guess is 80% of the games he had 0, 1 or 2 points. 

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eli said:

Sousa was largely terrible since the first minute of the first game. IMO. He had like 5 or 6 moments during the long season where he showed last seasons game. Can't blame that on injury. Considering how he finished last year, most people expected 10+ points a game night in night out. I'm on my phone but my guess is 80% of the games he had 0, 1 or 2 points. 

11 games out of 29 he played in he had 4 pts or less.

• Thanks 1

Desousa, hank and lulka should all be ran out or forced to train on their games. They all regressed and seemed like they had other concerns besides basketball this year. The only players back next year should Be healey, rizzuto, hutcheson and jojo plus amica new, the others should have to prove they will work on basketball during off season or go play d3.

I hope no one leaves.  We have plenty of spots to fill without people leaving.  The previous comments seem to be all based on scoring.  Defense is also important---deSousa had injuries and illness but still was asked to guard one of the opponents best scorers which probably had an effect on his offensive energy.  Rizutto was probably the best defender of the three guards and had a very slow offensive start but came back at the end.  We'll be fine --keep the players and fill those 4 open spots.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Oldtimer said:

I hope no one leaves.  We have plenty of spots to fill without people leaving.  The previous comments seem to be all based on scoring.  Defense is also important---deSousa had injuries and illness but still was asked to guard one of the opponents best scorers which probably had an effect on his offensive energy.  Rizutto was probably the best defender of the three guards and had a very slow offensive start but came back at the end.  We'll be fine --keep the players and fill those 4 open spots.

I agree with Oldtimer.... Can you image the chaos with eight or nine new players?  All trying to learn the system and not to say how out of sorts the remaining players will feel. Despite today's sunshine 🌞, I feel there could be stormy days ahead.  Recruitment will not be easy with the end of season collapse. Will Brown deserves our support.

35 minutes ago, Oldtimer said:

I agree with this as well... Doesn't mean you don't go get the best recruits and let them fight it out for playing time. But I'm against flat out running kids. Don't sugar coat it... At end of year individual meetings should be brutally honest... Here is what you need to do or you won't play. Whatever happens happens. 

• Like 1

I agree with those saying we should not run kids out of the program. There are already enough spots to fill with JUCOS, we don't need anymore. All of these players have desirable traits and the ability to improve. If some of them returned to their freshman year form, this team will improve. If they had played as well as they did their freshman year the team would have improved this year. Now I would love to see a larger step forward than that, but they all have plenty of room to improve. 

I do think its interesting though how a lot of posters are writing that Rizzutto is one of the kids who should be back no problem, no questions asked. A lot of people here wanted him bolted to a bench halfway through and said he isn't a D1 player. He struggled, but played through it and improved. Same thing a lot of these kids will have to do all off season. Improve!

5 open ships before any additional departures, 1 commit so far. (Amica). That's 4 new players already needed. (3 if Doherty ends up returning)

Possible additional departures include: Shafer (outside of this board, I've heard nothing of him leaving), Lulka (I've read he might graduate early). 

No reason to run anyone off. While I'm disappointed with this season, I still really like the core of this team. Grabbing another 4 year kid, a grad transfer, and 2 athletic JUCO kids to fill the 4 remaining spots could be more than enough to fix this teams woes if they can stay healthy.