UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

35 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Jayden Stone, a four-star recruit from Australia; from above article. Does UA have a legitimate shot at this guy (4 stars)?? Has UA ever landed anyone higher than a 2 star?

No I dont believe we do. We offered him based on a connection. But I dont believe he has even mentioned us and in my opinion we have no shot. 

We have had transfers that have been 4 stars. Will Harris comes to mind. 

1 hour ago, UA1882 said:

No I dont believe we do. We offered him based on a connection. But I dont believe he has even mentioned us and in my opinion we have no shot. 

We have had transfers that have been 4 stars. Will Harris comes to mind. 

Will was just a downer. Dude was supposed to come in and WRECK the AE (like Warney)...instead we got a role player.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Did play at Montverde Academy in FL his prep year.  

I knew that, but 1 year to lose one of the strongest accents in the world? Crazy lol. I thought maybe he grew up here or something years before attending Montverde.

4 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

ESPN site shows he was born in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Maybe he's like me, born abroad but moved here as a baby (I came from the Soviet Union when I was a toddler).

I just found his clip interesting because I was expecting a heavy Aussie accent.

TU story on Horton committing

Will be 22 on May 1, two years eligibility left

“I can hit shots," said Horton, who made 33 percent of his 3-point attempts for Pratt, averaging nearly five attempts per game, “but my best asset is getting in the lane, keeping pressure on the defense. Me being a bigger guard, it draws some extra attention. I know Albany has a couple of shooters, so that should work out perfectly.”

He played high school basketball at Holy Cross in Jamaica.

“He might be one of the more well-liked guys on our campus,” Flynn (Pratt CC coach) said, "from secretaries to custodians to anyone in the building. He has an incredible personality. You’ll remember him and you’ll want to talk to him.”

UAlbany AD still interested in playing Siena men's basketball next season

But Maciarello texted he is not talking to UAlbany about reviving the game 

Edited by UAalum72
  • Thanks 1