UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

America East cancels Spring sports season

As expected, AD offering the following options moving forward:  

OPTION 1: REFUND 

Single-game purchasers and Syracuse 2-Game Pack holders will receive a full refund for the value of their ticket(s) and pre-purchased parking.  Please fill out this REFUND FORM to start this process. 

*The deadline to request a refund is April 30, 2020.  Please note that if no action is taken by April 30, 2020, you will receive full credit to the 2021 UAlbany Men’s Lacrosse season.  

OPTION 2: FULL CREDIT TOWARDS THE 2021 MEN’S LACROSSE SEASON

Single-game purchasers and Syracuse-2 Game Pack holders will be given full credit, for the value of their ticket(s) and pre-purchased parking, towards the 2021 season. 

*There is no action required by you for this option.  

OPTION 3: “GIVE BACK”

Single-game purchasers and Syracuse-2 Game Pack holders have the opportunity to “GIVE BACK” their ticket(s) and pre-purchased parking credit to the UAlbany Athletic Department.  While this is not considered a tax-deductible charitable donation, all dollars committed to the “GIVE BACK” program will support the growing financial needs of both our Men’s Lacrosse program and all of our Great Dane student-athletes. Please fill out this  GIVE BACK FORM to start this process. 

Edited by UAalum72
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

THIS IS DIFFERENT THEN WHAT I RECEIVED:  season ticket holders are only receiving a pro-rated refund or rollover. Not only that but they did NOT indicate the pro-rated amount; nor indicate if the pro-rated amount was the same for option 1 and option 2 ?????  They really should give an incentive for option 2, as there is no guarantee of getting Syracuse next year and the 3 February games were certainly not prime for reasons of weather and otherwise. 

A more fair offer would be get a pro-rated refund (option 1) or a  FULL ROLLOVER for 2020 SEASON TICKET HOLDER FOR THE 2021 SEASON (option 2)

OPTION 1: REFUND 
Season ticket holders will receive a prorated refund for the remaining value of their ticket(s) and parking. Please fill out the REFUND FORM to start this process. 
*The deadline to request a refund is April 30, 2020. Please note that if no action is taken by April 30, 2020, you will receive the prorated credit to the 2021 UAlbany Men’s Lacrosse season. 

OPTION 2: PRORATED CREDIT TOWARDS THE 2021 MEN’S LACROSSE SEASON 
Season ticket holders will be given prorated credit, for the value of their ticket(s) and parking towards the 2021 season. 
*There is no action required by you for this option. 

Edited by dslyank
  • Thanks 2

Just sent the following reply to Great Danes Tickets:

Your email does NOT specify the pro-rated amount and whether the amount is the same for option 1 & 2. IMHO there should be an incentive for accepting option 2. No guarantee Syracuse will be included next year, and the three 2020 February games were NOT prime for weather reasons and otherwise. In fact you REALLY should offer a FULL ROLLOVER  OF 2020 SEASON TICKET HOLDERS FOR 2021! I was at all three February games and I guarantee you MOST season holders missed all or some of those games. Personally, I find it insulting that you want to pro-rate those games from those of us willing to keep our monies in UA hands and committing to the future by NOT asking for a refund (option 1)

• Thanks 1

I just did a 'give back' and told them to keep it.  After all it is NOT the athletic dept.or the athletes fault the season was cancelled - they did not do it.   Who cares if they keep it?  It is going to the programs.    

• Like 2

It isn't anyone fault that things were cancelled. Most have already refunded credit card.

I already had credit card refunded for NCAA basketball, NCAA lacrosse tournament, a10 basketball and RPI playoff games. Apparently I will also have 2 years to use the delta flight that will be cancelled for next months baseball trip. I have not yet received a refund from big East.

I also ordered my ticket for next year's NCAA basketball tournament in Brooklyn. 

I am indifferent to refund or credit but wouldn't mind knowing how much next year's season tickets cost if they are going to apply it towards that. 

Edited by bob87
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

I just did a 'give back' and told them to keep it.  After all it is NOT the athletic dept.or the athletes fault the season was cancelled - they did not do it.   Who cares if they keep it?  It is going to the programs.    

Got to disagree with you here. EVERYONE EVERYWHERE{sports, plays, etc.} is refunding and it as you say it is no ones fault. It is NOT about the money.. I already give more than the GDAC requirements and have max benefits except for courtside in BB. I spend well over $1000 per year on tickets and donations and on an inflation adjusted amount have for 47 years. When Scott Marr asks for some $s for locker upgrades; when Coach Brown ask for cancer funds or HP funds I send a  little more; in spite of the fact that I give to many of these funds yearly already. So, if they want to refund my season tickets less three games played in absolutely miserable weather--FINE!! so be it. BUT to say they will "pro-rate" a refund for next season's season tickets, I take  some exception. If I'm willing to say SURE , I'll continue my support of UA athletics and LOOK to the future, to be told for their part they will only pro-rate my investment in the future, that is a slap in the face and nit-picking. IT IS NOT ABOUT THE MONEY. IF they need the money for the 3 games I saw fine; you say it is not their fault the season was canceled; but it certainly is not the fault of the fans either.

2 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Got to disagree with you here. EVERYONE EVERYWHERE{sports, plays, etc.} is refunding and it as you say it is no ones fault. It is NOT about the money.. I already give more than the GDAC requirements and have max benefits except for courtside in BB. I spend well over $1000 per year on tickets and donations and on an inflation adjusted amount have for 47 years. When Scott Marr asks for some $s for locker upgrades; when Coach Brown ask for cancer funds or HP funds I send a  little more; in spite of the fact that I give to many of these funds yearly already. So, if they want to refund my season tickets less three games played in absolutely miserable weather--FINE!! so be it. BUT to say they will "pro-rate" a refund for next season's season tickets, I take  some exception. If I'm willing to say SURE , I'll continue my support of UA athletics and LOOK to the future, to be told for their part they will only pro-rate my investment in the future, that is a slap in the face and nit-picking. IT IS NOT ABOUT THE MONEY. IF they need the money for the 3 games I saw fine; you say it is not their fault the season was canceled; but it certainly is not the fault of the fans either.

Don't disagree with any of this. Everybody has their own thoughts and reasons and I do not hold any of them against anybody.   I also make substantial contributions, etc etc.  I don't know, dare I get in trouble and attacked by saying as a sports alum I may feel a little different about it.  

• Haha 1