UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Iona College hires Rick Patino, Men's Basketball πŸ€ Coach

cwdickens

If Iona will hire a coach with the background like Rick Patino; Jimmy Patos will find a home in time.Β  This hiring demonstrates that a MAAC basketball πŸ€ team will go to any lengths for a winning team. I suspect the other schools will use the hiring as a marketing tool to say their conference has come of age.

2 hours ago, cwdickens said:

If Iona will hire a coach with the background like Rick Patino; Jimmy Patos will find a home in time.Β  This hiring demonstrates that a MAAC basketball πŸ€ team will go to any lengths for a winning team. I suspect the other schools will use the hiring as a marketing tool to say their conference has come of age.

I honestly thought Pitino to Iona was something from the The Onion at first. If the "instant transfer" rule passes, I'm sure Pitino will be able to win quickly. He'll also make the "ice cream money" days of the MAAC look quaint.

Something else similar happened a long time ago. When UA was in its Division III days, we had been playing Utica College for a few years. That school was also DIII. Then Utica hired the former Milwaukee Bucks head coach. I remember Dick Sauers actually won a game or two against him.

8 minutes ago, olddog71 said:

Something else similar happened a long time ago. When UA was in its Division III days, we had been playing Utica College for a few years. That school was also DIII. Then Utica hired the former Milwaukee Bucks head coach. I remember Dick Sauers actually won a game or two against him.

Larry Costello, Bucks and Bulls. UC was briefly D-I

2 hours ago, olddog71 said:

LOL... I remember...why? Spouse is from Herkimer County... We went to one of the games at Utica .... UAlbany lost .... Went out afterwards... Had chicken πŸ”wings first time...Β  I think Utica was at D1 ... Rules were looser than.. Changed shortly afterwards...things got tougher...Β  Which included D1 schools playing football 🏈 at D3 .... Costello was the coach... Not sure

On 3/15/2020 at 3:59 PM, Dane Pound said:

I honestly thought Pitino to Iona was something from the The Onion at first. If the "instant transfer" rule passes, I'm sure Pitino will be able to win quickly. He'll also make the "ice cream money" days of the MAAC look quaint.

Warren ZevonΒ  had a line from a song sex guns and money.....Β  Which of the two may apply to Pitino?

Edited by cwdickens
Spelling