UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2020-2021 season in doubt?

Lets be honest.. elephant in the room. 

no expected vaccine, no mlb maybe no nfl, only solution for pro leagues is to quarantine players in say Lasvegas and have them play it out for a few months under strict quarantine. Any else think there will be no reason for college sports this year? Without vaccine no reason to risk lives on amatuer sports. The higher levels may be exposed as there is no way high major sports are “amatuer” as schools heavily get rich off them. With no vaccine I cant see college sports period. Still love the three new players UA has so far!

I would hope we have some type of therapeutic by then. 

However I could very well see playing in front of no fans. If you can't have gatherings then you cant have in person school. So if what you are saying comes true then you can cancel UAlbany academic year as well (in person). 

I could see fall sports delayed or cancelled, but honestly, if we as a country aren't back to normal by the time winter sports start practice we will have much bigger issues than college sports. We will be in the great depression 2.0 and it will be bad. Very bad.

Like more people suffering and potential deaths than the virus could kill if every American caught it type bad.

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

I could see fall sports delayed or cancelled, but honestly, if we as a country isnt back to normal by the time winter sports start practice we will have much bigger issues than college sports. We will be in the great depression 2.0 and it will be bad. Very bad.

Like more people suffering and potential deaths than the virus could kill if every American caught it type bad.

This.

• Like 1

Governor of California just said all public gatherings (sporting events, concerts, etc) may be cancelled til 2021 barring a vaccine.  Considering the coastal governors who are all banding together to lead the charge of safety and lives over economic impact, I imagine this could apply for NYS as well.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Governor of California just said all public gatherings (sporting events, concerts, etc) may be cancelled til 2021 barring a vaccine.  Considering the coastal governors who are all banding together to lead the charge of safety and lives over economic impact, I imagine this could apply for NYS as well.

Thank god for good governors...

• Like 2

I have listened to Andrew Cuomo's daily updates. The thread title paints a bleak near term future.  However, I have spoken with my wife about attending football games without a COVID-19 vaccine in place.  For many UAlbany fans, attending games would be going into harm's way.  Andrew Cuomo has stated there is no going back to old ways without a vaccine (Monday's news conference). We need to deal with the new normalcy until a vaccine is available.  P.S. I thought about starting a thread about the potential of limited or no fan access.  We are tough group... Surprised that more did not see this potential.

It's hard to believe what you read on the internet. Some source says nothing for months and months will be allowed, others are claiming that leaders believe opening up certain things to try and get herd immunity going needs to be considered (obviously not opening places like senior centers where the most vulnerable reside, etc.). Don't know who to believe anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eli said:

It's hard to believe what you read on the internet. Some source says nothing for months and months will be allowed, others are claiming that leaders believe opening up certain things to try and get herd immunity going needs to be considered (obviously not opening places like senior centers where the most vulnerable reside, etc.). Don't know who to believe anymore.

I believe in science

• Like 2

Call me crazy, but I’ve not renewed FB season tix yet. Until there is a clearly stated policy regarding refunding tickets in the event of a shutdown, I’m holding back. I’ve got to think that people who lay out the big bucks for major college and pro sports have got to be thinking the same thing.  I agree that there’s a lot more at stake than sports...a LOT more.