UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2020-2021 season in doubt?

35 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

I'm not ignorant to the facts, been following charts for weeks, haven't left house but for 2 occasions for going on 5 weeks. 3 weeks ago the same experts you now cling to told everyone NOT to wear a mask...so yeah, I'm mostly mocking you for the sheep you are as you blindly pontificate about science. Tell us again how the entire country is is incarcerated in their homes (or as you put it "the rights of a few") so that we can protect the "many" (most people show no symptoms, mortality rate is what 1.5%)... 

People are literally losing their homes, livelihood, sanity in historic and devastating fashion but instead of being logical, keep those who are highly vulnerable sequestered from society your answer is to violate the civil liberties of 300+million Americans instead of slowly opening up the least vulnerable segments of society.

Stupidity's mortality rate is exponentially higher than that of tribalism. Let me know if you want to discuss Darwinism some more. Maybe you'll find something in your heart for those who don't know how their going to eat tomorrow or pay their rent and consider the notion that everyone being locked up in their homes isn't the panacea you assume that it is. Or not, you do you!

How about them Danes!

Something in my heart? You are willing to sacrifice 4.5 Million people, but I'm heartless?  And there's enough evidence to show that the least vulnerable isn't as obvious with this.  Healthy people in their 30s and 40s are dying. 

And I'm paying everyone who works for me during this time...how about you? 

And if our government would spend money on testing everyone, instead of paying $55 Million dollars to a military consultant who has never made masks before to make masks, we could open up our world a lot quicker. 

Edited by BestDaneSinceHamlet

10 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Something in my heart? You are willing to sacrifice 4.5 Million people, but I'm heartless?  And there's enough evidence to show that the least vulnerable isn't as obvious with this.  Healthy people in their 30s and 40s are dying. 

And I'm paying everyone who works for me during this time...how about you? 

My entire team is gainfully employed and I had to fight for them with ownership...as for your numbers...BS! I'll give you just one...that hopefully will make you think. According to CDC, as of April 11, latest numbers crunched, deaths from covid19 in age groups 0-45 is 418 people (as of April 11). That's in an entire country...4.5million? Righ...sitting at home for the next 15 months isn't the answer. Those that would like to do it...don't EVER have to leave again, that's their free choice/will. 

Have a nice day!

Edited by Clickclack

5 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

My entire team is gainfully employed and I had to fight for them with ownership...as for your numbers...BS! I'll give you just one...that hopefully will make you think. According to CDC, as of April 11, latest numbers crunched, deaths from covid19 in age groups 0-45 is 418 people (as of April 11). That's in an entire country...4.5million? Righ...sitting at home for the next 15 months isn't the answer. Those that would like to do it...can never leave again, that's their free choice. 

Have a nice day!

I'm having a very nice day.  Got a brand new puppy sleeping by my feet.  Sadly, not a Great Dane.

And your numbers are dated.  Yes, up until April 11, 13,000 people dead,  but from April 11 to April 18, an additional 22,000 people have died for a total of almost 34,000 dead

5 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

I'm having a very nice day.  Got a brand new puppy sleeping by my feet.  Sadly, not a Great Dane.

And your numbers are dated.  Yes, up until April 11, 13,000 people dead,  but from April 11 to April 18, an additional 22,000 people have died for a total of almost 34,000 dead

On April 11th there were 20, 577 deaths not 13,000. 

Since April 11th there have been an additional 14,904 deaths as we reached what many are saying is the peak right now. This 14k number is adjusted by NYC doing a lump sum 3778 deaths that may have been missed etc. 

The point stands, 4.5million? I'm not saying flip switch on tomorrow but not everyone is vulnerable like the elderly or people with underlying conditions and shouldn't have their civil liberties trampled upon with no end in sight unless they chose to self isolate. 

Congrats on the puppy. 

6 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

On April 11th there were 20, 577 deaths not 13,000. 

Since April 11th there have been an additional 14,904 deaths as we reached what many are saying is the peak right now. This 14k number is adjusted by NYC doing a lump sum 3778 deaths that may have been missed etc. 

The point stands, 4.5million? I'm not saying flip switch on tomorrow but not everyone is vulnerable like the elderly or people with underlying conditions and shouldn't have their civil liberties trampled upon with no end in sight unless they chose to self isolate. 

Congrats on the puppy. 

Thanks, She's really cute and a ray of joy in a scary world. 

• Like 2

There's an interesting working paper that was recently published by a couple of economists that looked at the economic impact of social distancing and quarantine among different US cities during the 1918 Pandemic, which is the closest analogue to this pandemic. They found that cities that took aggressive and early public health measures to slow down the spread actually recovered quicker economically than cities who did not respond as quickly or aggressively. I guess having a few million people dead is not good for economic recovery. 

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3561560

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, UAlbany09 said:

There's an interesting working paper that was recently published by a couple of economists that looked at the economic impact of social distancing and quarantine among different US cities during the 1918 Pandemic, which is the closest analogue to this pandemic. They found that cities that took aggressive and early public health measures to slow down the spread actually recovered quicker economically than cities who did not respond as quickly or aggressively. I guess having a few million people dead is not good for economic recovery. 

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3561560

Who's going to tell DeBlasio?

EPPimXl.png

2 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Healthy people in their 30s and 40s are dying. 

Genuine question: source?

Everything I've read to date (which again, isn't everything available - my job hasn't changed one bit and if anything I'm busier than ever so I ain't got that much time) suggests you need to have an underlying condition for this thing to be your undertaker. That being said, not everyone is good at keeping up to date on their own personal health and knowing what's going on with their bodies (via blood work, etc.). So, it's possible these 'healthy' people just thought they were healthy and actually weren't. For example, I like fast food and soda. I REALLY like soda. I think I'm healthy. But, if I went to get my blood work done, they'd probably tell me I'm far from it. That type of deal.

So...just curious. Honestly.

3 minutes ago, Eli said:

Genuine question: source?

Everything I've read to date (which again, isn't everything available - my job hasn't changed one bit and if anything I'm busier than ever so I ain't got that much time) suggests you need to have an underlying condition for this thing to be your undertaker. That being said, not everyone is good at keeping up to date on their own personal health and knowing what's going on with their bodies (via blood work, etc.). So, it's possible these 'healthy' people just thought they were healthy and actually weren't. For example, I like fast food and soda. I REALLY like soda. I think I'm healthy. But, if I went to get my blood work done, they'd probably tell me I'm far from it. That type of deal.

So...just curious. Honestly.

A good question and I've been looking for the numbers, but mostly anecdotal personal stories reading in news sources with long standing histories of excellent journalism.

The only stat I found was that in the UK about 5% of those dying have no underlying condition, which is up in the past week from previous numbers. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, alum73 said:

As NYS is reclassifying deaths to covid, even though they were never even tested for the virus, I have to suspect their validity.

As Cuomo daily complains about not getting bailout funding...same guy that screamed that he needed 40 THOUSAND ventilators. Javits and Navy Comfort ships were treating 180 patients on the 10th. It's fair to say that just about every single model has been complete horse$iena. I'm sure some of that has to do with the mitigation efforts in place but models accounted for those mitigation efforts and still haven't been close. This whole thing is a giant mess on many fronts including the politicians on both sides that have failed. 

I mean Trump stands up there and lies to everyone every single day that there are enough masks or that if you want a test you can get a test. Complains Obama left him nothing...bro, you've been in office THREE+ years... you can take that bull$iena and kick rocks. De Blasio in March telling people to go catch a show, wonder how many people died as a result of this foolish advise, Palosi is out there walking around China town telling folks to come out...on and on and on. Republican senators and Diane Feinstein dumping stock hand over fist before $iena hit the fan... There's enough blame to go around for everyone not just Trump.

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Clickclack said:

As Cuomo daily complains about not getting bailout funding...same guy that screamed that he needed 40 THOUSAND ventilators. Javits and Navy Comfort ships were treating 180 patients on the 10th. It's fair to say that just about every single model has been complete horse$iena. I'm sure some of that has to do with the mitigation efforts in place but models accounted for those mitigation efforts and still haven't been close. This whole thing is a giant mess on many fronts including the politicians on both sides that have failed. 

I mean Trump stands up there and lies to everyone every single day that there are enough masks or that if you want a test you can get a test. Complains Obama left him nothing...bro, you've been in office THREE+ years... you can take that bull$iena and kick rocks. De Blasio in March telling people to go catch a show, wonder how many people died as a result of this foolish advise, Palosi is out there walking around China town telling folks to come out...on and on and on. Republican senators and Diane Feinstein dumping stock hand over fist before $iena hit the fan... There's enough blame to go around for everyone not just Trump.

DeBlasio is a schmuck, but this is a little bit of whataboutism.

As far as my Senator and the other GOP reps..here's very significant nuance..In the interest of the truth being shared.

Context Context Context! Dianne Feinstein & her husband's stocks are in a blind trust. Johnson (R-WI) made plans to sell that stock before the briefing. Burr & Loeffler's portfolios are actively-managed.

Ok, I now return to "sticking to sports"

Edited by BestDaneSinceHamlet

The reality is we shutdown to not overwhelm hospitals, its not a permanent solution and was never intended to be one. Life is not meant to be shutdown. If everyone was actually tested the death rate would be lower then 1% of contracted regardless of age etc. I personally think once it hits the public sectors livelihood and not just the private (which will take another month) then we will all realize that yes you cannot tell a human you cannot work and make an income. Regardless of what is going in war, death, etc you need to work and produce. The public sector employees mostly democratic will feel this on the tail end as there pensions are cut, jobs are cut, and pay is frozen as there will be no revenue to pay nys employees, teachers, unions and cops. Unlike the feds nys cannot produce there own income and it doesnt look like trump will be sending nys more anytime soon. Unfortunately we need to move forward smartly and wisely and do best we can to limit the spread, good news is we have to open back up it is simply not sustainable. There is risk in everything and hunkering down and living off government stimulus is far from an answer.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

DeBlasio is a schmuck, but this is a little bit of whataboutism.

As far as my Senator and the other GOP reps..here's very significant nuance..In the interest of the truth being shared.

Context Context Context! Dianne Feinstein & her husband's stocks are in a blind trust. Johnson (R-WI) made plans to sell that stock before the briefing. Burr & Loeffler's portfolios are actively-managed.

Ok, I now return to "sticking to sports"

I call it holding everyone accountable regardless of party. You got right wingers banging on the left wingers and vice versa...if you're gonna sit there and smack the $iena out of trump...which people should do...you better have some balls to call out the mayor of the largest city in the USA (especially if a city that is an epicenter) for his nonsense or your are hypocrite and a fraud if you're the media. This cuts both ways.

Funny how quickly de Blasio and Palosi scrubbed their social media.

Trump could have done so much more but he denied it for weeks...wasted all of February. He'll answer for that at the ballot box in a few months as they all should when their term is up.

Anyway...I'm heating a dead horse now. I really hope we are able to have a season of some sort in a safe manner.

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 2