Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum
Bball2020

2020-2021 season in doubt?

Recommended Posts

Good video godanesgo99. It's nice to actually hear something not laced with politics and with no agenda other than to inform and offer possible solutions. There is no perfect solution to this problem and all choices present uncertainty and danger. I'm certain there will be much discussed, analyzed and written over the next century regarding how this was handled. It's painful to see the unbridled politics being flung about. From my way of thinking this shutdown of the economy is not sustainable and may have already caused irreparable damage. Everything in life has risks. It's time to take a chance and get as much of the economy going again as can be done while at the same time minimizing risk and protecting the vulnerable. People will still die from it, sure. But people die of all sorts of stuff all the time. Businesses, livelihoods, ability to support oneself and your family are all dead or dying too. I've heard predictions that 25 or 30% of businesses, especially restaurants, will never open again. That's scary.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UA season going to be axed this coming year.  NY primary, secondary , and SUNY will all remotely operate.   Get ready parents to be screwed with finding a way to deal with your kids being home during normal school days.  Who’s lost their job or have had their small business destroyed so far up there?  Fatten everyone up with stimulus and supplemental unemployment, and prepare for getting the rug pulled out from under you when the governmental titties stop producing the monetary milk.   Can’t let a ‘crisis’ go to waste, right?   Have they released the contact tracing brown shirts up there yet?  Nanny State NY.   Going to the beach today and then heading out to Outback Steakhouse this evening.  Glad we don’t have your narcissistic governor down hear in FL.  

Edited by uofalbany

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, uofalbany said:

UA season going to be axed this coming year.  NY primary, secondary , and SUNY will all remotely operate.   Get ready parents to be screwed with finding a way to deal with your kids being home during normal school days.  Who’s lost their job or have had their small business destroyed so far up there?  Fatten everyone up with stimulus and supplemental unemployment, and prepare for getting the rug pulled out from under you when the governmental titties stop producing the monetary milk.   Can’t let a ‘crisis’ go to waste, right?   Have they released the contact tracing brown shirts up there yet?  Nanny State NY.   Going to the beach today and then heading out to Outback Steakhouse this evening.  Glad we don’t have your narcissistic governor down hear in FL.  

Yeah this is going to be 2008 but worse, IMO, once everyone's bills start coming due. Completely mismanaged disaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, uofalbany said:

UA season going to be axed this coming year.  NY primary, secondary , and SUNY will all remotely operate.

Has this been announced? I have not heard anything official up here? Are you just speculating??? California governor has made his state U's strictly on-line in the fall. What has the NCAA SAID about that????????  Original NCAA said no students on campus--NO ATHLETICS??  Are they sticking to that??? Pac 12 power 5 loses a lot of TV revenue if so and "Rose Bowl?"  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dslyank said:

Has this been announced? I have not heard anything official up here? Are you just speculating??? California governor has made his state U's strictly on-line in the fall. What has the NCAA SAID about that????????  Original NCAA said no students on campus--NO ATHLETICS??  Are they sticking to that??? Pac 12 power 5 loses a lot of TV revenue if so and "Rose Bowl?"  

Cuomo said yesterday that he's not ready to make that decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My understanding is that colleges and universities need to present a plan for opening and operations including how the institution is going to maintain social distancing.  Many of the concerns are similar that New York school districts face including:  keeping the kids apart.  I am keeping my fingers crossed and there is sports in the fall.  Nothing is certain, particularly in the State of New York.

Edited by cwdickens
Missed something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dslyank said:

Has this been announced? I have not heard anything official up here? Are you just speculating??? California governor has made his state U's strictly on-line in the fall. What has the NCAA SAID about that????????  Original NCAA said no students on campus--NO ATHLETICS??  Are they sticking to that??? Pac 12 power 5 loses a lot of TV revenue if so and "Rose Bowl?"  

I do not believe the California governor asked the NCAA for their input....college sports impact likely did not come up and/or dismissed as a concern.

Edited by cwdickens
Clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

I do not believe the California governor asked the NCAA for their input....college sports impact likely did not come up and/or dismissed as a concern.

Worth noting this was the Cal-State system, not all the California public universities.  The UC system hasn't said anything yet, so not sure if this was at Newsom's level or the Cal State level.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread has tended to swerve into political nonsense that can be found on reddit, facebook or a zillion other sites that aren't about UAlbany athletics. If we could keep the topic to whether there will be a season next year or now, that would be awesome.

Thanks,

DP

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The steak was delicious and the restaurant was packed tonight.   Have been on vacation across the state of FL, a few weeks ago, and driving up to GA to buy a new car this week.  You guys haven’t even been released from house arrest.  Doesn’t look like your leaders want to bring things back to normal.  Let’s pray that the lunacy stops and UA Football is on the field this fall.   Then again, they probably won’t let fans in the stadium anyways.

Edited by uofalbany

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, uofalbany said:

The steak was delicious and the restaurant was packed tonight.   Have been on vacation across the state of FL, a few weeks ago, and driving up to GA to buy a new car this week.  You guys haven’t even been released from house arrest.  Doesn’t look like your leaders want to bring things back to normal.  Let’s pray that the lunacy stops and UA Football is on the field this fall.   Then again, they probably won’t let fans in the stadium anyways.

So much for what DP asked for...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

This thread has tended to swerve into political nonsense that can be found on reddit, facebook or a zillion other sites that aren't about UAlbany athletics. If we could keep the topic to whether there will be a season next year or now, that would be awesome.

Thanks,

DP

Whether or not there is a season IS political, don’t doubt that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The people of NYS will decide the issue.  If you allow Cuomo to carry on as is, he will shut it down.  Living beachside here in FL, every time a hurricane churns near our coast, the local authorities announce a mandatory evacuation order.   It is not a legal directive, therefore it is not enforceable, and most stay in their homes.  Maybe if NYS pushes Cuomo aside and opens up on their own,  then maybe he won’t have an option to shut down college athletics in three months time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the sheep grow fangs the shepherd runs for cover....

There will reach a point where a growing number of people will not put up with it anymore. Anybody paying attention can see exactly what’s going on here. Multiple states and municipalities were on life support BEFORE all this happened and now their tax revenues are catastrophically reduced. Yes, people will get sick and yes people will die....but the country has to reopen soon or it’s all over. Football and basketball are the least of our worries. There’s disaster at the doorstep. IMHO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...