Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm actually pretty happy to be in my blue state, thankyouverymuch and think that the safety of the many supersedes the rights of a few.    It's called the greater good. Maybe we should talk abou

I could see fall sports delayed or cancelled, but honestly, if we as a country aren't back to normal by the time winter sports start practice we will have much bigger issues than college sports. We wi

I’d have to see what the plan was and what the infection rates were at the time. If it can be done safely, sure. I was at some games last year where it looked like most of the upper deck was practicin

Posted Images

Best, thank your lucky stars you weren’t Jewish living in Germany during Hitler’s reign.  You would have entered the train car voluntarily with a smile on your face.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, uofalbany said:

Best, thank your lucky stars you weren’t Jewish living in Germany during Hitler’s reign.  You would have entered the train car voluntarily with a smile on your face.   

I’m always amused when the people most likely to accuse others of being snowflakes are in fact the most snowflake of all. 
 

Thanks for simultaneously proving Goodwin’s law and Darwinism.  An impressive feat  

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jimbo said:

Whether or not there is a season IS political, don’t doubt that. 

In all seriousness, I do think the politicizing of the pandemic will go down as one of the darkest and most wrong headed moves of our history.  In prior times of trouble we used to band together and sacrifice for the greater good. (Ie WW2 war effort/rationing/retrofitting of factories). Now we just scream about our freedom and individual rights while others are dying (including two of my moms closest friends, so yes this is personal) instead of offering solutions. 
 

Somewhere Nero is tuning up his fiddle while people bitch about shaggy hair and takeout only. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

In all seriousness, I do think the politicizing of the pandemic will go down as one of the darkest and most wrong headed moves of our history.  In prior times of trouble we used to band together and sacrifice for the greater good. (Ie WW2 war effort/rationing/retrofitting of factories). Now we just scream about our freedom and individual rights while others are dying (including two of my moms closest friends, so yes this is personal) instead of offering solutions. 
 

Somewhere Nero is tuning up his fiddle while people bitch about shaggy hair and takeout only. 

Yes, agree. In our younger years a complaint was in person, in a phone call or via letter or perhaps telegram. Now it’s impersonal, often anonymous and sudden. It requires no reflection or soul searching. It’s just a gut reaction lacking concern about consequences. Research is based on internet searches where queries are guided by politically charged algorithms. It’s an ugly world we live in for so many reasons. I can’t read or watch anything news related anymore without considering the likely agenda of the source. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

<begin sarcasm> It's really great to see political rancor on this board. It's really hard to find that anywhere else on the internet. <end sarcasm>

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I for one will be sad if there are no fall sports...football finally looks like it turned the corner and I was really looking forward to the season. Fingers crossed still...some time on the calendar yet so maybe this settles down some before the call needs to be made.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

I for one will be sad if there are no fall sports...football finally looks like it turned the corner and I was really looking forward to the season. Fingers crossed still...some time on the calendar yet so maybe this settles down some before the call needs to be made.

The good news is that he allowed most of the State (landwise) to start to open, including the Capitol District. So there may be hope. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

The good news is that he allowed most of the State (landwise) to start to open, including the Capitol District. So there may be hope. 

Just building on your comments, Andrew Cuomo has approved the opening of all local, county and state beaches as part of the coordination with the Northeast 7 (MA, RI, CT, NJ, PA and DE) effective 05/22/20.  I see a decision by 07/15/20; I believe our leaders want to see continual improvement; I also believe no politician in the Northeast wants to be blamed for no fall or winter sports.  Andrew has not walked this journey alone, he has reach out to many for assistance, supplies and now guidance to a new normal.  Yes, keep your fingers crossed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

<begin sarcasm> It's really great to see political rancor on this board. It's really hard to find that anywhere else on the internet. <end sarcasm>

Remember the good ol days when we used to argue about who played/knows football and who didn't play/knows football? Those were the days.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

<begin sarcasm> It's really great to see political rancor on this board. It's really hard to find that anywhere else on the internet. <end sarcasm>

Yes, we desperately need some sports rancor. It’s tough to drum up sports rancor when there’s no sports. The Gazette has been running these mock fantasy drafts with their sportswriters for things like H.S. basketball boys and girls all time best. Last week It was all time LCC BB players. They eat up an entire page once a week recapping the Jordan documentary of which I’ve not seen a single minute. Then they usually have articles about what people and players think about what came out in the documentary. Good god! It almost makes me want to watch poker tournament reruns which wouldn’t be reruns to me since I’ve never watched one. How about a foosball tourney with the players in full PPE? Man, I wish I still had my football game with the vibrating metal table and metal, spring loaded QB. You want rancor? You should have seen the fights with my 6 year older brother over whether or not that stupid little felt football actually hit Del Shofner in the end zone. THAT was rancor. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

TU has been running a series "The Mt. Rushmore of Capital Region Sports."  Pretty Ho-Hum--Yawn; top 4 cap region table tennis etc. Woke up today with Doc Saucers headlining top cap region all time coaches; coach Abe listed as one of the women top 4. Now that was MORE like it! Obviously I exaggerate when I Iisted table tennis as one of the Rushmore series and DO give kudos to the TU for keeping some sports reporters and others employed.

 

ps. Not to give rise to the hate-him love him wars on this blog; but WHY NOT, not much else to blog about these days; but Brown & even Gattuso mentioned in the section "others considered" for Rushmore. OK guys and gals WAR ON!

Edited by dslyank
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...