UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I’ve still not renewed. If they want me to renew I want to know ahead of time that should the season be cancelled we will be refunded or credited toward 2021. I’m also awaiting word regarding what the plan is as my wife is in a couple high risk categories. Other than not having Eli to annoy, not having my customary seats or watching on TV would not be the worst things to happen in 2020. If the Athletic Dept is so dismissive of our concerns and can’t get their act together enough to contact season ticket holders and GDAC members, then maybe they need a wake up call. I’m with you Dyslank. I’ve also been in our seats since Casey opened. I’ve seen what our real attendance looks like WITHOUT covid 19...looked like social distancing on more occasions than they’d like to admit. I know this is an unprecedented situation, but give us SOMETHING Benson, Cegles, et al. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I took the blunge and renewed football yesterday; even though I was hoping some correspondence from UA would/should have been in order by now. Interesting my GDAC contribution was accepted and processed; but the I received a note that the money for the seats would be taken at a later date. Perhaps they are hedging their bets in case fans are NOT allowed at all???? Won't have to issue seat credits and assuming GDAC donation are for keeps? If NO fans, even if NO games I would make my GDAC donations anyway; but it seems a little presumptuous, if this is what's going on??

• Thanks 1

I haven't renewed yet. 

I will wait and see. 

When they have plans, they can let me (all of us) know.

I am not concerned about losing seats. Either they will be there when this is finally over or every seat in the building would have been sold. :)

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, reeder said:

This is a throwback Thursday picture - maybe from last year? The players aren’t back on campus yet.

Oh, my bad

At this point in time I have zero confidence that there will be a 2020 season. It just seems impossible to me that in a contact sport such as football, there can be an effective protocol for keeping anyone from coming down with the virus. And as soon as one person gets it, what would happen? The entire team quarantined for two weeks? The last opponent quarantined for two weeks? Unless the teams are totally isolated 100% of the time except when playing, how do you make it happen that no one will get infected? The cascade of mitigation will shut down all competition in a N.Y. minute. I don’t mean to be pessimistic, but I just don’t see how it’s possible at any level to have “safe” football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

At this point in time I have zero confidence that there will be a 2020 season. It just seems impossible to me that in a contact sport such as football, there can be an effective protocol for keeping anyone from coming down with the virus. And as soon as one person gets it, what would happen? The entire team quarantined for two weeks? The last opponent quarantined for two weeks? Unless the teams are totally isolated 100% of the time except when playing, how do you make it happen that no one will get infected? The cascade of mitigation will shut down all competition in a N.Y. minute. I don’t mean to be pessimistic, but I just don’t see how it’s possible at any level to have “safe” football. 

Don't disagree but I still think it's mostly BS now - in my mind as much political as anything.  The media keeps pounding on  'the number of cases continues to go back up"  Of course as more testing is done, AND the virus will continue to spread;  BUT the key thing to look at is the number of deaths, which continues to decrease.  Even in states like Texas and Florida which have had a large resurgence of cases - most who are asymptomatic - because they are testing tens of thousands more folks - continue to show a decrease in the death rates.  If one reads articles about the resurgence numerous figures  are quoted about numbers and testing in paragraph after paragraph and then there will be be ONE LINE stating that raw numbers of deaths and death rates continue to drop.  Just saying.  I looked at several reports on Texas and Florida this morning.

Except for those with conditions that make them more vulnerable, college athletes probably have a pretty low risk of serious illness. One thing that worries me though is the possibility of long term cardiovascular damage. The other is very underreported and that’s obesity or sometimes referred to as body mass. Football players, by size and musculature, tend to have high BMIs. Some are packing quite a bit of extra fat though. Does the conditioning and age of the athletes overcome the risk? I have no idea. I do agree that the politics make it hard to zero in on the truth. Lots of these spikes are young people, least likely to suffer long term or serious effects and contributing to the “herd” immunity they like to talk about. 

On 6/23/2020 at 10:18 PM, Eli said:

I've renewed for both FB and MBB. If there ends up being no season(s), I expect next year to be paid for.

Same, I renewed football...thinking if no season they would refund or apply towards the following season. I didn't realize MBB was up for renewal, will have to take care of that next week. 

4 hours ago, Dane96 said:

So, I never got my renewal form.  Sigh. I don’t think I should have to chase the school down. 

I never get anything, not even an email (unless I'm having a massive brain fart which is possible). I always just log into 'my account' to see what I can renew, etc.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2020 at 8:55 AM, dslyank said:

I took the blunge and renewed football yesterday; even though I was hoping some correspondence from UA would/should have been in order by now. Interesting my GDAC contribution was accepted and processed; but the I received a note that the money for the seats would be taken at a later date. Perhaps they are hedging their bets in case fans are NOT allowed at all???? Won't have to issue seat credits and assuming GDAC donation are for keeps? If NO fans, even if NO games I would make my GDAC donations anyway; but it seems a little presumptuous, if this is what's going on??

I talked with Justin Brown yesterday. Told him I was very happy to make my GDAC donation no matter what, but was wondering why my seat payment had not been applied. He pretty much said what I speculated above. He confirmed ticketing etc has absolutely ZERO idea, what is going on and are holding payments to avoid or minimize having to issue credits. He claims UA is receiving absolutely NO guidance from the State, the NCAA, CAA or AmEast at this point. Seems everyone is waiting for someone to take the lead??

As an aside, CAA seems to have a plan in place for everything except football;  and I did get an email from Benson asking for money, but offering no answers, except that he and Gattuso will have a video conference for fans on July 14th.

• Thanks 3