UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

America East Commissioner speaks on the resumption of sports

cwdickens

Any Huchthausen, AS Commissioner, made a brief appearance on the CBS Sunday News program, this morning.  She stated she is unable to state whether or not it the America East Conference will resume sports in the fall.  She further stated the situation is fluid.

46 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

I’ll put all college sports resumption at zero percent chance.  

Interesting enough, the MAAC announced their teams are resuming play after September, 12, 2020.  I do not see any fall sports, winter sports have just little more time.  Interesting, Rick Pitino, the new Iona basketball coach, stated he would go along with a conference only schedule.

I sort of think the CAA proposal makes the most sense. I posted the proposal before, but will recap. All CAA teams (football excluded), will play a regional ONLY schedule. Some teams may play only in conference  teams, some may play only out-of conference teams and others may play a mix. ALL teams no matter who or what mix they play will qualify for the CAA conference tournament, so ALL CAA athletes ultimately have a chance to play for an NCAA championship. The locations for the CAA/NCAA qualifying tournaments will be worked out at a later date, when regional or one location covid options are better understood. 

By letting each team originally stay regional/close to home playing all or NO conference opponents, with still having NCAA possibilities may give the CAA a fair chance of getting a good portion of their teams the most amount of play?

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Not sure where to put this but Stanford just eliminated 11 sports including field hockey

According to the Stamford University press release; the eleven sports will compete during the 2020 - 2021 season.  Other sports eliminated include men's and women's fencing, wrestling, men's volleyball, rowing (two types), and sailing (two types).  Other than the previously mentioned field hockey, none of these sports are currently offered at UAlbany.

• 2 weeks later...

I mean when it comes to Stanford field hockey, even making the NCAA Tournament, it was unsustainable. They were going to leave the AE in the sport and those 4 west coast schools were hanging on by a thread anyway.