UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Will Casey Stadium see high usage this spring?

I'd love to watch football in the spring and not freeze my ass off in the winter. I really enjoy the first game or two of each year when I can enjoy football in shorts and a t-shirt. I'm built for watching football in Florida lol...

Edited by Eli

2 hours ago, Eli said:

I'd love to watch football in the spring and not freeze my ass off in the winter. I really enjoy the first game or two of each year when I can enjoy football in shorts and a t-shirt. I'm built for watching football in Florida lol...

I see an eight game conference schedule 📅 starting on the first Saturday of March and  concluding late April.  So do not put away your flannel shirts and thermal gear away early.  You may need for those home March games.

19 hours ago, Eli said:

IMHO: If we must, play football; play it January and February. Start Lacrosse later {March to June}, which Scoot Marr has been advocating for years. As for freezing one's ass off or not, personally I would and do so willingly for Lax, but only grudgingly for football. So IMHO play football in the fall or NOT at all. Just my bias' showing.

Edited by dslyank
  • Thanks 1

We seem to be having the SAME conversation in 4 separate threads {winter sports, spring sports, fall sports & general}, COVID 19 SPORTS 2020-2021. For what its worth I'll post my opinion here, as Lax is my favorite sport now; but perhaps all the covid comments predictions could/should be moved to "General." 

Anyhow, as I see it the only logical thing IMHO is for 2020-2021:  Go to Conference only schedules. I know this would cost us "money" games and for BB the Mohegan-Sun exposure; but the less travel might partially compensate for the loss revenues. Anyway the revenue losses for Covid19 are going to be huge, no matter what!  I think the conference only format would be the "safest." and most economical. I would also cancel football for 2020 completely, for the same reasons; too expensive to run in the time of huge financial losses and the most covid medically dangerous. And for those of you who call me a football hater you are wrong---I was @ the first club game @ University Field and a season ticket holder ever since. Just making my opinion on health, safety and cost concerns in these highly unusual times. Disagreements and ALL other opinions welcomed as always!

{ps I'm still pissed the Spring Lacrosse season was canceled, so its revenge that I say cancel football--------------just kidding.}

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, dslyank said:

Big 10; Pac 12; now conference only. Money opportunities dwindling fast.

Is this football or everything? I have not checked the CAA composite schedule for conference members affected; however UAlbany is not playing those conferences in football 🏈.  Men's Basketball 🏀 is different story.

On 7/10/2020 at 9:52 AM, dslyank said:

We seem to be having the SAME conversation in 4 separate threads {winter sports, spring sports, fall sports & general}, COVID 19 SPORTS 2020-2021. For what its worth I'll post my opinion here, as Lax is my favorite sport now; but perhaps all the covid comments predictions could/should be moved to "General." 

Anyhow, as I see it the only logical thing IMHO is for 2020-2021:  Go to Conference only schedules. I know this would cost us "money" games and for BB the Mohegan-Sun exposure; but the less travel might partially compensate for the loss revenues. Anyway the revenue losses for Covid19 are going to be huge, no matter what!  I think the conference only format would be the "safest." and most economical. I would also cancel football for 2020 completely, for the same reasons; too expensive to run in the time of huge financial losses and the most covid medically dangerous. And for those of you who call me a football hater you are wrong---I was @ the first club game @ University Field and a season ticket holder ever since. Just making my opinion on health, safety and cost concerns in these highly unusual times. Disagreements and ALL other opinions welcomed as always!

{ps I'm still pissed the Spring Lacrosse season was canceled, so its revenge that I say cancel football--------------just kidding.}

Not a chance should FB be canceled!!!

On 7/10/2020 at 9:52 AM, dslyank said:

Agree, however many subtexts to the same topic.   Without a game opponent,  we see each other as the opponent in many cases.

On 7/9/2020 at 10:02 AM, cwdickens said:

The potential of fall sports being moved to Spring exists:  Could men's and women's soccer , football 🏈 be competing for time with men's and women's lacrosse at Casey Stadium?  Thoughts and opinions.

The America East and the CAA Football 🏈 Conference made the anticipated announcement.  Further, both have suspended the affected sports as they explore a spring schedule 📅.  Casey Stadium could be in high demand.

Mark Benson, our beloved AD, has stated playing fall sports in the Spring of 2021 has logistics concerns.  Mark stated the athletic department will attempt to address the concerns and logistics over the next few months in case AE and CAA moves forward.

On 7/10/2020 at 9:19 AM, dslyank said:

IMHO: If we must, play football; play it January and February. Start Lacrosse later {March to June}, which Scoot Marr has been advocating for years. As for freezing one's ass off or not, personally I would and do so willingly for Lax, but only grudgingly for football. So IMHO play football in the fall or NOT at all. Just my bias' showing.

Yes, your bias showing through.  I love both but as a FB alum HAVE to see football first and then lacrosse.