UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Dreamin: A Big Weekend of Sports 03/05/2021 to 03/07/2021

After reading today's Albany Times Union and rereading the America East announcement about the postponing fall sports to "spring"; I realized the potential that you could see the following teams at home on the same weekend:

*men's and women's soccer โšฝ

*football ๐Ÿˆ

*men's and women's basketball ๐Ÿ€

*field hockey

*volleyball

ย *men's and women's lacrosse

Mark Benson has stated a concern about the logistical needs with the postponing of fall sports.

Thoughts, comments....can our facilities accommodate all these teams just practicing during the same period?

ย 

From a fan perspective, I believe it is a bit of an overload. Same with facilities---IMHO, do not believe UA has the facilities to handle; and at the very least, even if logistically possible, it can't be good for the facilities maintenance, up keep & longevity.

Spring Sports should have FIRST PREFERENCE & CONSIDERATIONS. Winter second & fall sports only if able to do without affecting Spring teams and leagues. My bias may be speaking as Lacrosse is my favorite sport; but I make the Spring First argument, based on the fact that Spring Sorts have already suffered a full season loss and should NOT be penalized twice. IMHO,ย If facilities are an issue, Spring Sports SHOULD have first considerations in all instances.

ย 

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, McFan said:

What, no Track & Field? ย The 400 times in a row AE Champs.

I thought about Track and Field however usually in Boston for the IC4A Track meet.

Edited by cwdickens
Clarification

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

From a fan perspective, I believe it is a bit of an overload. Same with facilities---IMHO, do not believe UA has the facilities to handle; and at the very least, even if logistically possible, it can't be good for the facilities maintenance, up keep & longevity.

Spring Sports should have FIRST PREFERENCE & CONSIDERATIONS. Winter second & fall sports only if able to do without affecting Spring teams and leagues. My bias may be speaking as Lacrosse is my favorite sport; but I make the Spring First argument, based on the fact that Spring Sorts have already suffered a full season loss and should NOT be penalized twice. IMHO,ย If facilities are an issue, Spring Sports SHOULD have first considerations in all instances.

ย 

Well the good news for lacrosse is that with Fallon having new turf, I would think minimum impact for the men and women. Could make for some tough parking if football is a go in the spring.

4 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Well the good news for lacrosse is that with Fallon having new turf, I would think minimum impact for the men and women. Could make for some tough parking if football is a go in the spring.

Let football play @ Fallon. Lacrosse draws better! Football fans don"t get bent---just Kidding [MOSTLY.]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1