Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Not turning this political but the answer is : It depends. If its someone's belief that killing 50 innocent people is right, then I dont respect that of course. 

So yes I can however I believe this is the greatest country in the world and the national anthem represents our country. I believe strongly in that.  I personally take a knee for god only. So I will repeat what I said. Someone has the absolute right to do something, and I have the the absolute right to not support it! 

 

10 minutes ago, Eli said:

The whole thing is a bit hypocritical Dickens.

When Tebow was taking a knee for God, many people mocked him. Now, it's totally okay. If you DON'T take a knee, you get mocked or questioned as to why or ridiculed for it (see Jonathan Isaac from the Orlando Magic - people actually cheered when he got hurt and said stuff about Karma).
 

Seriously? Are you blind? That is literally the lefts modus operandi. On EVERYTHING.

Don't support LGBT? DOWN WITH YE! (for the record, I treat every person with respect, thank you very much. Don't need a preachy ad campaign to teach me what my parents already did.)
Don't support BLM? DOWN WITH YE! (for the record, I think the Breonna Taylor thing is absolutely wrong but I find it  hard to feel sympathetic in the Floyd situation)
Disobey government order (not law) to stay closed during a pandemic? DOWN WITH YE!
Support 2A? DOWN WITH YE!
Don't support communism-lite (socialism)? DOWN WITH YE!
Hell, some of the left is even starting to say that pedophilia is a normal thing and trying to get that value imposed on others.

Supporting or not supporting a business has been a thing for decades but only recently within this past decade did the left actually make it something far bigger where now it has a name (cancel culture).

So who's forcing people to bow to their values? Certainly not the right these days. The left is imposing not only their values but their view of history on EVERYONE and EVERYTHING (removing statues, burning things, etc.).

You've GOT to be kidding me with this post.

I've been trying to stay out of the political posts on here as I'm getting tired of it on FB, Twitter and now here. I just want to go back to a time where this garbage and filth didn't exist. But your post? Absolutely ridiculous.

I may have to log out of BPF and remove the favorite for another 6 months (so I'm not tempted to log in) like I did when HOF pissed me off. This place sometimes just pisses me right off when I read BS like this from Americans like you who have NO CLUE what they are asking for or where they will end up if they continue down this path.

Eli, to make this short, I am not going away.  There needs to be counterpoint because this forum is not about being on the right or left.... Others like me should and must speak up knowing that others will respond with lengthy comments about nothing.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

 

Eli, to make this short, I am not going away.  There needs to be counterpoint because this forum is not about being on the right or left.... Others like me should and must speak up knowing that others will respond with lengthy comments about nothing.

Hahah, that's hilarious. Says the guy whose comments 9 times out of 10 are filled with absolutely nothing useful.

Post game basketball thread, CWDickenss insights: "A game was played."

tenor.gif

Edited by Eli
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

WHAT IN THE HOLY HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT HERE? NORMALIZING PEDOPHILIA? Have you been reading Qanon boards again? Please please please post me an article from a news source talking about this...

 

And cancel culture goes both ways, brother.  Go look up One Million Moms.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/06/opinion/pedophilia-a-disorder-not-a-crime.html

https://www.metroweekly.com/2018/07/tedx-speaker-argues-that-pedophilia-should-be-accepted-as-an-unchangeable-sexual-orientation/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/10948796/Paedophilia-is-natural-and-normal-for-males.html

INB4HAMLETTELLSMESOURCESARENTRELIABLELULZ

Keep on keepin on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Eli said:

Hahah, that's hilarious. Says the guy whose comments 9 times out of 10 are filled with absolutely nothing useful.

Post game basketball thread, CWDickenss insights: "A game was played."

tenor.gif

LOL ... I think you used this response more then a few times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jimbo said:

If there was a way for both teams to lose, that would have been my preferred outcome. I’ll never tune in one of their events again. 

Technically both teams DID lose. One owner One Team. Both teams are winners and both losers. I have said from the start of PLL it smacked of professional wrestling and exhibitionism. A SHOW nothing more! Not having home teams and a fan base and a home city/state whatever and COMPETING OWNERS to route for/against, pretty much ruined it for me from the start. I know this year they had no choice but to shelter in place and play in a single location. I did watch sparingly; but the quality of play I saw did nothing to dissuade my opinion that the PLL is not a sport only  a SHOW; and NOT a good one at that. I also will NOT tune in again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eli said:

 (for the record, I treat every person with respect, thank you very much.

 

Hmmm...referees and officials too?

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Dane Pound said:

Hmmm...referees and officials too?

Good call. Except for them. It's the line of work they chose hah. They best be ready in the spring...my voice has had many many months off lol. JK...I think I've mellowed out some over the years.

Edited by Eli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Technically both teams DID lose. One owner One Team. Both teams are winners and both losers. I have said from the start of PLL it smacked of professional wrestling and exhibitionism. A SHOW nothing more! Not having home teams and a fan base and a home city/state whatever and COMPETING OWNERS to route for/against, pretty much ruined it for me from the start. I know this year they had no choice but to shelter in place and play in a single location. I did watch sparingly; but the quality of play I saw did nothing to dissuade my opinion that the PLL is not a sport only  a SHOW; and NOT a good one at that. I also will NOT tune in again.

Sounds like the AFL which had multi-team, single owners setups. Ridiculous to have that. How do you ensure competition? Complete joke. No wonder why the AFL is like .00001% of the NFL and why college lacrosse is likely bigger than the PLL.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2020 at 9:53 PM, cwdickens said:

You are entitled to your opinion; I am of the belief you do not dishonor "America" taking a knee...Disgrace yourself?   Shame on you for attempting to impose your values on everyone ... some of us cannot turn a blind eye to the fact that "America" has not honored all its citizens in the same manner not only in its past but this continues today... how is that for looking deep inside myself....have you done the same recently?

Perhaps you have a problem with America East's efforts: 

Introducing our newest #spreadrespect logo!

We are committed to promoting social justice and ending racial inequality as well as ensuring equality and safety for all student-athletes regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity.

agree!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2020 at 9:07 AM, cwdickens said:

 

Eli, to make this short, I am not going away.  There needs to be counterpoint because this forum is not about being on the right or left.... Others like me should and must speak up knowing that others will respond with lengthy comments about nothing.

I actually agree with Eli on this!!!  His post and your response.

Edited by HOF2013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2020 at 12:24 PM, HOF2013 said:

I actually agree with Eli on this!!!  His post and your response.

HOF2013 and Eli agree on something! Can an Israeli Palestinian peace agreement be far behind? 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2020 at 9:53 PM, cwdickens said:

You are entitled to your opinion; I am of the belief you do not dishonor "America" taking a knee...Disgrace yourself?   Shame on you for attempting to impose your values on everyone ... some of us cannot turn a blind eye to the fact that "America" has not honored all its citizens in the same manner not only in its past but this continues today... how is that for looking deep inside myself....have you done the same recently?

Perhaps you have a problem with America East's efforts: 

Introducing our newest #spreadrespect logo!

We are committed to promoting social justice and ending racial inequality as well as ensuring equality and safety for all student-athletes regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity.

What, precisely, are you implying by the remark about the spread respect program and exactly what does it have to do with kneeling for the anthem? If the AE associates itself with BLM and allows athletes to dishonor the country at a league event, you’re correct in saying I would have a problem with it. But it’s not at that point as far as I know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jimbo said:

HOF2013 and Eli agree on something! Can an Israeli Palestinian peace agreement be far behind? 

Hey there was an agreement in the Middle East today.............not that one but it's a start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jimbo said:

What, precisely, are you implying by the remark about the spread respect program and exactly what does it have to do with kneeling for the anthem? If the AE associates itself with BLM and allows athletes to dishonor the country at a league event, you’re correct in saying I would have a problem with it. But it’s not at that point as far as I know. 

You can read whatever you want.  Your response makes your feelings and position known in a respectful manner.  We must be able to agree to disagree with each other.  Crazy thing about these things, you and I are watching from the "sidelines" of life.  This is not our " battle" to win or lose.  Whether an athlete wants to waive the American flag or take a knee, I will support each of their right to express themselves.  Did I make my feelings clear?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...