UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Happy Birthday Coach Jerrad Knotts (from Instagram)

Many have commented that Coach Brown needs some new blood and some different perspectives with his assistant coaches. IMHO Jarred should be the first to go. Nothing personal and I do wish him a happy birthday! Just do not believe he ever added much to the program as a player or a coach. 

• Like 1

I thought the get rid of Jared on his birthday, might have gotten a little more backlash. So, I'll stoke the coals a bit. I actually lied when I said he should be the first to go. Jared IMHO just takes up space; has not really done anything to cause him to lose his job; but IMHO has not really done anything to add to the program. So  here it goes; the first to go should be Pelletier. Not that he has done anything (that I know of) to undermine the program; but I heard a rumor from a source that should KNOW: that Josh did not want to take the job @ UA in the first place and does not like Coach Brown and never has. Some might say that a different perspective is good and a coach should NOT surround himself with YES men. I actually agree with that statement, but wonder about reluctant part and the do not like part. 

I will say this, I heard the rumor this past season. I had a hard time believing it to be true. However, even though I am calling it a rumor, the source presented it not as a rumor, but as FACT. The source being close enough to Pelletier to KNOW; but perhaps I took it out of context or heard in-correctly. I have been very reluctant to post this, because I've struggled to believe it. Anyhow, I thought I'd throw it out there. Maybe someone can say, it is total nonsense and/or convince me one way or the other.

Sometimes I see a response or a thread started .... when I respond ... I always thinking a few thoughts:

• Can I add some knowledge or perspective to the subject?
  • Do I disagree with the writer about the subject and need to provide another view?
  • Do I just want to muddle the waters?  hint, hint Eli

OR;

• Do I find someone's comments so outrageous and/or mean spirited and I decide not to comment in effort to allow the trend of the thread to die.

Freedom of speech is a wonderful right.  However, all rights have price and we should never put someone's livelihood in danger just to make a comment on the forum.

• Confused 1

Just saying most or at least many agree the basketball program has NOT been very successful the past few years. I personally would like Brown to receive a new contract; IMHO he has earned the right to stay @ UA as long as he wants. But some NEW blood/direction to me seems NEEDED. I personally like Yati; feel Jared is just NOT a good coach; and heard some upsetting news about Pelletier. Just trying to figure out if true or not. Also, I am NOT trying to put someones livelihood in danger. Didn't know I had that sort of power. But whether true or not, Pelletier would be my choice to open up a spot for some new blood; and good luck to him elsewhere. Same with Jared. UA basketball needs something and I simply have expressed my opinion of a couple of spots that could be improved upon; for the benefit of the program.

5 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Sometimes I see a response or a thread started .... when I respond ... I always thinking a few thoughts:

• Can I add some knowledge or perspective to the subject?
  • Do I disagree with the writer about the subject and need to provide another view?
  • Do I just want to muddle the waters?  hint, hint Eli

OR;

• Do I find someone's comments so outrageous and/or mean spirited and I decide not to comment in effort to allow the trend of the thread to die.

Freedom of speech is a wonderful right.  However, all rights have price and we should never put someone's livelihood in danger just to make a comment on the forum.

Seriously? I didn't even comment here. Kick rocks dude. Not sure what game you're playing at but I don't 'muddle' the waters just for fun. And congrats, you just took a topic completely off topic...by complaining about people taking stuff off topic. *facepalm*

Edited by Eli
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Eli said:

Seriously? I didn't even comment here. Kick rocks dude. Not sure what game you're playing at but I don't 'muddle' the waters just for fun. And congrats, you just took a topic completely off topic...by complaining about people taking stuff off topic. *facepalm*

So you'd be okay with us wearing poop brown jerseys? I doubt that hah. It may not have been important in the 70's, but team image/branding is VERY important even at the college level these days. It helps, to some extent (maybe not so much at UA but definitely at bigger schools), the bottom line when people want to wear what the team is wearing.

What was important to me in the 1970's is the same thing in the 1980's, 1990's, 2000's, 2010's and now in the 2020's:  The quality of the team on the court......when you started this thread you describe the color as black .... now its "poop brown"....I know branding is important ... that is why I am giving the new uniforms a chance ... "LET"S GIVE THE NEW UNIFORMS A CHANCE"... or from the TIASHOKE FARMS (Easton, NY) Instagram post....PEACE, LOVE and PUMPKINS.... for God's sake...

Reponse to Eli's comments

I was referencing this thread from another topic..... I have question for Eli.... Do you write things then wipe your conscience clean? Recently, I walked away from this forum .... Again, I am asking myself what value does this forum add to what I need to know.  The answer: the only value from the forum comes from those reporting on recruiting efforts and post game thoughts....there much more to gain from monitoring the individual UAlbany sports teams Instagram postings .....once again I walking away, so Eli feel free to write another 6,194 postings... perhaps we can smile at each other at Fred The Butcher Meat Shop the next time we pass each other....

• Haha 1