UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Future Quarterfinal Site - 2023 Lacrosse

The NCAA Committee for Championship sites announced that TOM & MARY CASEY STADIUM is a QUARTERFINAL SITE for 2023!!! for Men's Lacrosse

All I can say is OH MY GOD!!!.... 

I received notification from the NCAA via an e-mail.

OK people, who do we give credit to... Mark Benson deserves some of it....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cwdickens said:

The NCAA Committee for Championship sites announced that TOM & MARY CASEY STADIUM is a QUARTERFINAL SITE for 2023!!! for Men's Lacrosse

All I can say is OH MY GOD!!!.... 

I received notification from the NCAA via an e-mail.

OK people, who do we give credit to... Mark Benson deserves some of it....

Was just gonna post it.  GREAT news!

37 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

So if Albany made it to the quarterfinals would there be a chance they get sent to play at Navy?? Or is it just assumed they’d be placed at Casey?

What Marr said in the story 

Marr seemed certain if UAlbany reaches the NCAA Tournament in 2023, the Great Danes will be placed in the Albany bracket, rather than the one in Annapolis.

“It’d be pretty unusual if we were to get to that point, be in the tournament that year, that we wouldn’t be in that (Albany) bracket,” Marr said. “I’ve had the pleasure of playing in the quarterfinals a number of times, as a player, as a coach … They try to do their best to put you in that bracket.”

1 hour ago, UAalum72 said:

We saw the UNC game, how do you increase that crowd by 50%? Unless he expects no one to watch both games

By putting temporary bleachers up.  Pretty simple.  They will likely put some sort of netting protection on the berm.  That's about 2500 or so. You can probably sneak in 500-750 up with temp bleachers on the Berm.  

On the visitor side, you can likely fill in 250-500 more. 

Then, scoreboard side, they can do the same...probably get another 1000.  Wouldn't shock me to get a 10,000 number, or close to it, legally.  

That being said, and a more UNLIKLEY scenario, is the 2nd Phase of Casey, which called for the visitors side to be made permanent as a double deck.  That gets the visitor side up to 4000-4500, plus the home side of just about the same...little more with the boxes, etc.  So you are looking at 12,000 in that scenario.  Again, wishful thinking.

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 8:13 PM, UAalum72 said:

Is 6400 enough for a quarterfinal doubleheader? Especially if Syracuse is in our bracket? Might we have promised a screen so fans could sit on the berm, or temp endzone seats behind it? 

Syracuse will probably intentionally miss the playoffs just to avoid playing in Albany.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Sadly, I have lost track of the total official capacity of Casey Stadium including the North end grass...

Officially 8500, highest FB attendance 9052 though we’ve thought over 11K for some games.   
Wiki says official lax capacity is 6394, the UNC game drew 6472.

Means they must figure the berm is sized for 2100

• Thanks 1