UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Ryan Schneider

I remember discussing guard Ryan Schneider with Patch over the summer. Schneider just verballed to Vermont the other day. I would assume since Brown got verbals from Lillis and Bauman first that those were the two guys he really wanted. Vermont also got a commitment from local product 6'7 F Josh Duell of Scotia (CBA). Don't know much about Duell and I don' t know that Albany was interested.

Was wondering if anyone knew how the recruiting of a center for that last scholarship was going.

I read the post about Duell on the AE Board. I think it is curious that there was no announcement made by the player to a local paper. Deuel transferred to CBA before his junior year from Niskayuna. I've probably seen him play half a dozen times, and while he improved a lot over the season, he is still pretty slow and not particularly athletic. With good coaching and training, maybe in a few years he could resemble Vermont's Matt Sheftic. If I had to pick the top 5 local high schoolers, he wouldn't make the list, and rarely do we place 5 local kids in D-1. The other CBA player, Brian Monaghan is much better, more versatile, and a better shooter and was on Wyland's Newschannel 13 all-stars last year. If Deuel is an AE player, then Monaghan should project to be a MAAC level player. Personally, I would have thought that Monaghan was an AE level player and Deuel a D-II player, but I don't want to steal anyone else's catch-phrase.

Monahan is DII at best. He is an undersized power forward and can't play the small forward. Duell has no shot at being a Sheftic. He is very soft! Sheftic was 255 in high school. Duell will be a bench player at Vermont for 4 years!

Schneider is a solid player. Lillis is very good and plays the same position as Schneider. Bauman can really play. Shoots lights out and Wilson is tough and skilled.

Albany needs one more big guy!

Unless something strange happens the last scholarship will got to a "Big" and probably a true "freshman" who we will have for 4 years. 2 years with Zoellner and 2 years to be the man inside.

Of course if an offer comes that the coaching staff can't refuse and they can get a "special" player that's much better than the AE all bets are off.