UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Potential Recruit

It looks like UA offered, but he is looking for a prep school to attend this fall, as we know this seasons roster is full. Seems very interesting, ranked 3 star recruit by Scout.com. I’ll see if I can dig anything else up but here’s a link.

Article 1

Article 2

Article 3

I think this guy would be a huge get to replace Jamar, if he could grow another inch or two he could be an unstoppable force. Keep your fingers crossed!

Edited by bosiydid

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One caveat: "Ambrose must take care of business in the classroom. As he accomplishes this, it's likely many more division one schools will jump aboard to recruit this exciting athlete."

UAlbany likes solid academic students.

15018[/snapback]

olddog,

Agreed, then why did UA offer? Unless it was something that wasn't a huge stumbling block and Coach Brown thought we could overcome. Perhaps with a little help of a tutor.

One caveat: "Ambrose must take care of business in the classroom. As he accomplishes this, it's likely many more division one schools will jump aboard to recruit this exciting athlete."

UAlbany likes solid academic students.

15018[/snapback]

olddog,

Agreed, then why did UA offer? Unless it was something that wasn't a huge stumbling block and Coach Brown thought we could overcome. Perhaps with a little help of a tutor.

15019[/snapback]

If Ambrose is suffering from any academic difficulties, he must be VERY good for UAlbany to pursue him. I agree with you that if his problems in the classroom WERE to be questionable, then we wouldn't be giving him a second look. Good point, bosiydid.

"He still needs 70 points on the test" - if that's the SAT, does anyone know what the qualifying number is, now that the SAT scores to 2400? It used to be 800 out of 1600. Either way doesn't sound good for somebody who's graduating.

At least we know nobody took the test for him.

Topic: How good is Tim Ambrose? (from HoopsUSA)

Posted by BigJ on 05/22/2006 09:37:52 AM

Everyone says that he is the most explosive guard that theyve ever seen but he doesnt get the recognition. He plays for a school called Our Savior New American and is constantly dropping big buckets against the best competition. He has a game like Iverson but can jump out of the gym. I would like to know what college is he going to. I'm also wondering if someone can get him into the most recognizable camps because Rick Pitino and any other D1 coach with common sense should take a look at this kid. He scored 27 points on Wayne Ellington who is supposed to be the #1 guard in the country.

Posted by gametime on 05/28/2006 12:00:29 PM

Timmy Ambrose is the real deal. I have had the pleasure of watching him play several times and speaking with him several times. He is above average in every aspect of the game. I know that several high major colleges have shown interest( St. Johns, UMass, etc.). Good luck to this classy young man wherever he ends up.

King James Shooting Stars Classic Recap

Tim Ambrose (6'2" Sr. SG, Centereach (NY) Our Savior New American) Well-built guard is very athletic and really knows how to score the ball. He's great at driving and finishing, while also getting some transition baskets, going for 32 points in one game. High-major minus prospect may prep next year, as he still needs a qualifying test score.

I dont know if this has been posted yet, but seems UA is looking at a 5-7 PG from Chicago (not new to you guys though), named Aaron Johnson. From June 11th on Rivals:

n 2005, Jerome Randle broke out from earning recognition only in the Chicago area with a strong AAU season prior to his senior year. This summer, another small guard from the Chicago area is making a similar move. Hubbard's five-foot-seven guard Aaron Johnson has made quite a name for himself playing for the Illinois Warriors.

Johnson is a quick guard who does not make mistakes very often and limits his turnovers with heady play. Although he does not look often enough to hit the outside shot, Johnson will hurt the opponent if they back off him too much. He also may possess one of the best first steps in the Midwest area. He is working on developing his shot, as Johnson believes "I need to get better at my jump shot because that's what little guys need."

Johnson had a strong start to the AAU season, being named the MVP of the Real Deal On The Hill Tournament in Fayetteville, Arkansas. His leadership of the Warriors was apparent in their run to winning the tournament. He followed that up with another solid performance at the Kingwood Classic. Talking about the AAU in general, Johnson states, "My AAU season has been great. I have had some new school jump in on my recruiting and our team have been doing well."

This past season, Johnson averaged twenty-one points, eight assists, as well as a little below three steals per game for Hubbard. Although his junior season did not have the team success that Johnson had wished, Johnson is hoping that his senior season will bring the Hubbard squad a conference championship and he will land on the All-City and All-State team.

Currently, schools from across the nation are taking a look, with UW-Green Bay, Loyola, Northern Illinois, Illinois, Arizona State, USC, Southern Illinois, Iowa State, Marquette, Iowa, Albany, Stonybrook. Although Johnson currently has no favorite school, he is most interested in playing in the Big Ten or Pac-10. Location is not all that key, but Johnson would like his family to have the ability to watch his games. Johnson would like to have his school choice made prior to the start of his senior season.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?...bany&CID=551820

Is there a recruit out there that Stony Brook is not looking at?  Didn't they bring in like 6 or 7 guys this year?

15027[/snapback]

It is at least 10 if you count the 2 transfers that become eligible, maybe 11 as they might have gotten someone to fill Antwan Hardy's vacant scholarship since he transfering somewhere else. But you are right, I sometimes get alerts from the recruiting sites about AE teams and they come up most often. I would say that this past year they had about 25-30 stories where they are mentioned as a team showing interest in a player, which is a lot considering you might only get 10-15 for any other team in the league.

Evidently another recruit joins Howard Little for the 07/08 season at UA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Selects A School

By Brian Towey of NewYorkInsider.com, June 19, 2006 at 8:44pm ET

Tim Ambrose Profile

While his eye-catching athleticism and scoring tools had afforded Tim Ambrose feelers from all kinds of Division I programs, a lack of a qualifying SAT score had left the scoring guard from Our Savior New American in limbo. On Monday, Ambrose settled on his future destination when he decided to enroll at the University of Albany in the fall as a partial qualifier, according to sources close to the situation.

The commitment from the 5-foot-11 Ambrose represents something of a coup for the America East program, coming off of a heady performance against UConn in the first round of the NCAA tournament. An impressive physical specimen, Ambrose is a high major athlete, thickly built and an explosive leaper. He was one of the New York area's most exciting run-and-jump athletes this past winter, a player capable of playing above the rim despite his stature.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rivals lists him with 3 stars