UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany signs Billy Allen

Thank you to Isbal over on the AE Board seems like WB found another SF, looks like a great pick up. Intrest from Stanford, Princeton, Miami (OH), Dayton, Oakland, Penn, NC State, Florida State, UVA.

Three Star on Rivals

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewp...=2&pr_key=34598

Two Star on Scout

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=1570326

Hoopscoop ranks him at #369

4.0 GPA

From PrepSpotlight.com

OHIO COMMITMENT UPDATE

6'5 Sr. WF Billy Allen from Hamilton H.S. has committed to Albany University. Billy is a versatile forward that can play either forward position. He has an excellent basketball IQ and is a good shooter. He has seen his stock drop some due to injuries the past couple of years. He is currently ranked as the #5 wing forward and the 19th best prospect in the 2007 class of Ohio. Congratulations to coach Will Brown and the entire Albany staff.

Sounds alot like a Brian Lillis - as far as Coach Brown got him knowing he had been banged up a little in HS.

Allen appears to be a better shooter then Lillis lets hope is close to as competitive and aggressive as Brian.

It appears they may have similar BB IQs.

Heard at the VB game last night (a tough win over the S-Bs) that Connelly has really developed his upper body over the summer, he no longer looks like a freshman.

Gifford OTOH just turned 18 during the summer and is still developing physically.

The first 5-on-5 drills the freshmen's eyes were spinning as they realized the speed of the Division I game.

A lot of people will be getting minutes this year!

That's good news about Connelly although he wasn't exactly Herman Banks last year. It's been astounding to me how un-high school looking our last few recruiting classes have looked strength-wise. I guess many of them start weight training programs coming into college if not before.

Here's something I found from a Miami of Ohio site.....

Billy Allen

Position 2G Height 6-6 Weight 185 School Hamilton Hometown Hamilton Incoming Year 2007

Offered By Albany

Initially posted by NickSkin on 11/07/05 at 4:12 am

2007 TARGET: Billy is considered one of the top 2G’s in Ohio. One recruiting site has Billy as a 3-star prospect.  He’s been hearing from Miami, Stanford, Michigan, Michigan State, Virginia. As a freshman, Allen was the sixth man on Hamilton’s state championship team. Last season, Billy went for 12, 6 and 3 as a Sophomore. Plays for his father at Hamilton H.S. Says his father: 

01/09/06

Posted by NickSkin at 5:30 pm

Michigan, Stanford, Miami and Dayton are all interested.  stanford and Miami lead

02/10/06

Posted by NickSkin at 11:23 am

Averaging 15.5 points, 7.5 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game, Allen is getting interest from Stanford, NC State, Virginia, Florida State, Miami, Dayton and BG.  Favors Stanford, NC State and Miami (offer).  He also has offers from Dayton and Bowling Green.

03/21/06

Posted by NickSkin at 6:15 pm

Allen was named HM All-State Div I

08/07/06

Posted by NickSkin at 7:23 pm

with the addition of Kenny Hayes, I’m guessing that Billy Allen is now off the board.  Would have been nice to land Allen but it appears he’s been waiting for bigger offers.  All the best to him.

09/30/06Posted by NickSkin at 8:55 am

Billy Allen to Albany (NY)