UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Billy Allen

UA66

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allen had a nice game last night - 29 pts, 8 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 blocks, 63% FG, 50% 3pt FG.

Hopefully, his shooting touch is coming around and he'll finish the season strong. Even with his shooting woes he still leads his team in rebounds, assists, steals, blocks and is 2nd in points (only 3 points behind).

http://rodeo.cincinnati.com/preps20/player...;b=1&y=2006

http://rodeo.cincinnati.com/preps20/team.a...;b=1&y=2006

Allen had a nice game last night - 29 pts, 8 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 blocks, 63% FG, 50% 3pt FG.

Hopefully, his shooting touch is coming around and he'll finish the season strong. Even with his shooting woes he still leads his team in rebounds, assists, steals, blocks and is 2nd in points (only 3 points behind).

Completely agree....I was looking over his stats just the other day and it looks like he is an all-around player. Does everything pretty well, rebound, block (sign of a good defender) pass and smart with a GPA of 3.9 obviously smart on the floor and in the classroom. I'm actually very happy with this recruiting class, should be a great one. Dare I say the best on paper coming in ever? Some of you long time fans, how does this class compare on paper to some of the one from the past?

Completely agree....I was looking over his stats just the other day and it looks like he is an all-around player. Does everything pretty well, rebound, block (sign of a good defender) pass and smart with a GPA of 3.9 obviously smart on the floor and in the classroom. I'm actually very happy with this recruiting class, should be a great one. Dare I say the best on paper coming in ever? Some of you long time fans, how does this class compare on paper to some of the one from the past?

Right now...any class not including Levi and Jamar...isnt the best ever.

Right now it would be hard to top the Jamar/Levi recruiting class. The impact those two had on this program will be felt for years to come. The intangibles Levi Levine added last season were crucial in getting us where we got. The contributions of Jamar Wilson sare well known to all of us. Right now...any class not including Levi and Jamar...isnt the best ever.

Right now it would be hard to top the Jamar/Levi recruiting class. The impact those two had on this program will be felt for years to come. The intangibles Levi Levine added last season were crucial in getting us where we got. The contributions of Jamar Wilson sare well known to all of us. Right now...any class not including Levi and Jamar...isnt the best ever.

One thing I have noticed about the kids Will has brought into the program is that they are not just basketball players. They all are quality people and serious students. not many problems with Will's boys.

Dare I say the best on paper coming in ever? Some of you long time fans, how does this class compare on paper to some of the one from the past?

IMO, Raffa is putting up good numbers but I don't know that he is as highly regarded as Jamar was when he came in. On paper, Billy Allen is 38% from the field, 22% from 3 pt range and averaging less than 12 ppg.

While Allen was highly touted coming into this season - his year so far has probably not gone as well as he would have liked. I haven't been around as long as others, but I don't know that you put an awful lot of stock into some of the press clippings unless the kid is just great in HS - Jamar, Levi, Brent, Brian Lillis (as a junior before an injury), Jon Iati, Brian Connelly were.

Not sure that this class could be considered great on paper - it would be great if it turned out that way.

Dare I say the best on paper coming in ever? Some of you long time fans, how does this class compare on paper to some of the one from the past?

IMO, Raffa is putting up good numbers but I don't know that he is as highly regarded as Jamar was when he came in. On paper, Billy Allen is 38% from the field, 22% from 3 pt range and averaging less than 12 ppg.

While Allen was highly touted coming into this season - his year so far has probably not gone as well as he would have liked. I haven't been around as long as others, but I don't know that you put an awful lot of stock into some of the press clippings unless the kid is just great in HS - Jamar, Levi, Brent, Brian Lillis (as a junior before an injury), Jon Iati, Brian Connelly were.

Not sure that this class could be considered great on paper - it would be great if it turned out that way.

reeder,

I strongly disagree, I think this class is very strong on paper. The problem is, often times on paper it looks good but in reality when they step on the court the results are disappointing. Billy Allen is about as versatile as anyone I've seen coming into the program over the last 2 or 3 years, and Raffa is as good if not better of a scorer in HS then anyone I've seen. I wasn't here on this board or a UA fan when the class of Jamar and Levi was brought in but I know since then this class is very strong compared to the Covington, Conelly class or this years Gifford, Yocum and Anderson. This isn't a knock on any previous class etc. I love our team and all the guys on it, but I think this class is every bit as strong on paper as the last two. I'm just excited that we bring in this kind of talent now and the cupboard is very full of good players. No letup for coach Brown, keep pushing and getting talent. Maybe "great" was to strong a word to use, but I don't think there's anyone here who isn't excited to see what Raffa, Allen and Ambrose can do. I know I am!

Thats for next year though, we are right in the thick of it this year so lets go Danes!

No need to hype players we will know what they are when they step on the floor as Danes.

Also because we get long distance info on some of these kids we really have little knowledge of what is going on, level of play they go up against and types of teams they're on. I say wait and watch.

We also don't know how the newbies will fit in at UA and how Coach will use them.

Don't forget Tim Ambrose is in school, too.

What we do know right now is.....

Brent, Lillis, Covington, Connelly, Iati, Gifford, Yocum, Ross, Knight and Bauman may all be back. Most of them at one time or another have been decent enough tostart games at the DI level.

Of the returnees, I wonder whose games will improve the most.

reeder,

I strongly disagree, I think this class is very strong on paper. The problem is, often times on paper it looks good but in reality when they step on the court the results are disappointing. Billy Allen is about as versatile as anyone I've seen coming into the program over the last 2 or 3 years, and Raffa is as good if not better of a scorer in HS then anyone I've seen. I wasn't here on this board or a UA fan when the class of Jamar and Levi was brought in but I know since then this class is very strong compared to the Covington, Conelly class or this years Gifford, Yocum and Anderson. This isn't a knock on any previous class etc. I love our team and all the guys on it, but I think this class is every bit as strong on paper as the last two. I'm just excited that we bring in this kind of talent now and the cupboard is very full of good players. No letup for coach Brown, keep pushing and getting talent. Maybe "great" was to strong a word to use, but I don't think there's anyone here who isn't excited to see what Raffa, Allen and Ambrose can do. I know I am!

Thats for next year though, we are right in the thick of it this year so lets go Danes!

You need to watch more high school basketball.

Both kids are excellent...but best ever....and best scorer...come on man.

Reality Check!!!!!!!!

Unless you have travelled to Ohio, New Jersey and Long Island quite a few times I doubt you've seen much of these guys live.

We all "HOPE" they're great!!!!

Lets not hype people we haven't seen live against DI competition.

I'm sure the coaching staff loves their potential - otherwise they wouldn't have signed them early.

Leave the KoolAid Drinking to some other schools.

Lets just hope for the best this year and lets hope we can keep improving right through the AE Tourney.

reeder,

You need to watch more high school basketball.

Both kids are excellent...but best ever....and best scorer...come on man.

Amen.

Archived