UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Drastic solution to the obliviousness

So, we barely get a equitable deal with the Siena game and the search committee is disbanded which leaves the school more and more rudderless. The prospect of 4, maybe even 5 years with no permanent president is something which I swear no other university--public or private or even a sister SUNY--would be subjected to.

Local support for UAlbany seems to barely exist and the amount of naysaysers seems to be high which has hurt us without a LaValle type to ram our wants above all others.

Locals seem to take UAlbany for granted and don't see the benefits that the school brings to the region's economy. No Manhattan commuters or high volume of Canadians on shopping jaunts to help us here. Locals will care more about Siena by default because "they were D-I first" even if we ran the table in all sports!

We can raise our voices as high as we want, but nobody is really listening. The student body can begin to question SUNY authority for starving their campus and nobody would listen either. Tell the Senate, Legislature, SUNY Central, and even Governor Patterson that we do so much with so little until we're purple in the face and nothing will happen.

I think enough is enough and it's time for very drastic action. I think that if people won't see how valuable to the Capital Region and the SUNY system that UAlbany is, maybe it's time to make them see how life would be if it didn't exist. I know I'll be called to task for this, that it'll be a bull$iena idea, but the more I think about it the more closing the campus for a semester or two might be a daring idea to get the point across. Of course, the students would have to be for it and ennui around the campus would have to get that point to happen which is unlikely, but would a Capital District without UAlbany get the point across?

I'm glad I left that backward state, at this point its problems are so far-reaching that it would take drastic action to fix it. Who thinks I'm not nuts?

So, we barely get a equitable deal with the Siena game and the search committee is disbanded which leaves the school more and more rudderless. The prospect of 4, maybe even 5 years with no permanent president is something which I swear no other university--public or private or even a sister SUNY--would be subjected to.

Local support for UAlbany seems to barely exist and the amount of naysaysers seems to be high which has hurt us without a LaValle type to ram our wants above all others.

Locals seem to take UAlbany for granted and don't see the benefits that the school brings to the region's economy. No Manhattan commuters or high volume of Canadians on shopping jaunts to help us here. Locals will care more about Siena by default because "they were D-I first" even if we ran the table in all sports!

We can raise our voices as high as we want, but nobody is really listening. The student body can begin to question SUNY authority for starving their campus and nobody would listen either. Tell the Senate, Legislature, SUNY Central, and even Governor Patterson that we do so much with so little until we're purple in the face and nothing will happen.

I think enough is enough and it's time for very drastic action. I think that if people won't see how valuable to the Capital Region and the SUNY system that UAlbany is, maybe it's time to make them see how life would be if it didn't exist. I know I'll be called to task for this, that it'll be a bull$iena idea, but the more I think about it the more closing the campus for a semester or two might be a daring idea to get the point across. Of course, the students would have to be for it and ennui around the campus would have to get that point to happen which is unlikely, but would a Capital District without UAlbany get the point across?

I'm glad I left that backward state, at this point its problems are so far-reaching that it would take drastic action to fix it. Who thinks I'm not nuts?

I'm sorry scrab I know your heart is in the right place.....but WOW :blink: You've got to be kidding me!

you just wasted 2 minutes of my life reading that...

Haha. a lot of businesses would be hurting very badly.

Speaking of the community\'s view of UAlbany. Wait until the TU\'s expose this weekend on \"UAlbany\'s Off-campus Crime Problem\". I can see an anti-UA spin to this already.

frontside0509ualbany.jpg

Pick up Sunday\'s Times Union for an investigation of the University at Albany\'s off-campus crime problem.

Crime stalks UAlbany life

Database: UAlbany Off-Campus Crime

Because the only people who are involved in crime in Albany are UAlbany students. :blush:

Speaking of the community\'s view of UAlbany. Wait until the TU\'s expose this weekend on \"UAlbany\'s Off-campus Crime Problem\". I can see an anti-UA spin to this already.

frontside0509ualbany.jpg

Pick up Sunday\'s Times Union for an investigation of the University at Albany\'s off-campus crime problem.

Because the only people who are involved in crime in Albany are UAlbany students. :blush:

Where was that pic taken? Doesnt look familiar to me, then again I haven't been in Albany for 10 years. Anyway, I got the impression that the article will be about crimes committed against UA students- not necessarily perpetrated by them. I know I had several experiences with the, um, locals when I lived on Hudson Ave.

frontside0509ualbany.jpg

Where was that pic taken? Doesnt look familiar to me, then again I haven't been in Albany for 10 years. Anyway, I got the impression that the article will be about crimes committed against UA students- not necessarily perpetrated by them. I know I had several experiences with the, um, locals when I lived on Hudson Ave.

Which is what the article should be about. I just think it is going to get spun into it being UAlbany's fault. Which IMO its not. Its the fault of the City of Albany. The article should be focused on crime against students in general. Not crime against UAlbany students. It loses its credibility in my eyes when it gets focuses on UAlbany. Sage, St. Rose, Pharmacy, Law School, Med School, etc. all have students living in Albany facing the same risks as UAlbany students.

And the pic was taken in front of the Post I think. Well its not called the Post anymore, or at least it wasn't when I moved out of Albany a year ago.

scrabble -

in the words of a certain tennis player from LI

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS

And what would you solution for all of UA's festering problems be? Is there any way all of the issues can be solved without taking drastic action? Sadly, I've given up all hope of the snowball of UA's problems over the last year of being solved and all thanks can go to the Georgia State University System, Ken LaValle, and Ashley Dupree.

Some might be, but I think that the patronage that comes from Siena, St. Rose, Albany Law, AMC, ACP, Sage, and HVCC would keep those businesses going in the year without a SUNY. In fact, I think they would be the ones that would be yelling on the news for the townspeople to give a damn about SUNY. ;)

Archived