UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2015-2016 OOC Schedule

Here's the press release:

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=210165127&DB_OEM_ID=15800

ALBANY, N.Y. – Siena College and the University at Albany will continue their men’s and women’s basketball series for at least another three years, the schools announced Tuesday afternoon. The Saints and Great Danes recently agreed on a three-year deal that commences with a doubleheader at Times Union Center in 2015-16.

This year’s doubleheader is a Siena home event on Saturday, December 12, 2015 and is included in the Saints’ men’s basketball season ticket package.

The 2016-17 doubleheader will be played at SEFCU Arena on the campus of UAlbany for the first time in the Division I series. As UAlbany’s home games, the 2016-17 doubleheader will be part of the Great Danes’ season ticket package.

For the men’s game in 2017-18, the Saints and Great Danes will compete at the Times Union Center as part of a national multi-team tournament. Both men’s teams will play two additional games at a “high-major” opponent and one additional game against a “mid-major” school. The women will faceoff in a home game for Siena at the Times Union Center.

The 2017-18 doubleheader will not be included in either team’s season ticket package, but both schools’ season ticket holders will have a limited window to purchase tickets before they go on sale to the general public.

The Siena and UAlbany men have played 14 straight seasons at Times Union Center since renewing their Division I rivalry November 27, 2001. Those games have drawn 152,866 fans, an average of 10,919 per game. Siena has won nine of the 14 meetings. UAlbany has won three straight and four of the last five. Siena leads the all-time series, which dates back to the 1939-40 season, 32-22.

On the women's side, Siena leads the all-time series 10-8. The programs have met 12 times in the 14 seasons since the rivalry was renewed during the 2001-02 season, with each side winning six times. UAlbany has won the past five meetings.

To reserve UAlbany basketball season tickets, call 442-DANE. Online sales will begin July 20.

Read the PR for more...

Edited by Ilko

Sounds like we'll be hosting both the women's and men's game at Sefcu that year. The women's game should be separate and held on campus as far as I'm concerned, especially the year that it's part of the tournament.

Otherwise, I'll take a year where it's in their season ticket package, a year where it's in ours and a year where it's in neither.

Sounds like we'll be hosting both the women's and men's game at Sefcu that year. The women's game should be separate and held on campus as far as I'm concerned, especially the year that it's part of the tournament.

Otherwise, I'll take a year where it's in their season ticket package, a year where it's in ours and a year where it's in neither.

No...it starts at TUC this year...next year at SEFCU

Watched the presser. This is a 2 for 1. I see some questioning about what teams they can bring to the 'tornament', but there is no tournament. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here...

We get two games against High Major teams.

A road game at Siena

A home game against a mid major part of the tournament.

Siena gets two games against High Major teams.

A road game a against a mid major part of the tournament.

A home game against Albany.

This format would be similar to the tournament we are in this year w/ the high majors being UK and USF.

Edited by UA'08

More news about the 2016 game against Siena at SEFCU states that Siena will receive 600 tickets. I LOVE the fact that for the first time in sixteen years Siena fans will not have the season ticket holders have the UA game in their package! For the first time in that long a time they won't have the best seats in the house! They won't have the biggest allotment of tickets. Hurray for Brown and Benson in getting this deal done! Now we'll just have to fill the stands with our fans next year!

Watched the presser. This is a 2 for 1. I see some questioning about what teams they can bring to the 'tornament', but there is no tournament. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here...

We get two games against High Major teams.

A road game at Siena

A home game against a mid major part of the tournament.

Siena gets two games against High Major teams.

A road game a against a mid major part of the tournament.

A home game against Albany.

This format would be similar to the tournament we are in this year w/ the high majors being UK and USF.

I haven't seen the exact format , but not exactly a 2 for 1 as the 3rd year it says it isn't part of the LCC season ticket plan so it may be the first time in years it is worth going there :)