UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Facilities Plan

alum73

The fieldhockey field has to be done by next year. The America East implemented a new rule last year that all games must be played on turf. They gave 2 years for compliance i believe. Most schools already play on artificial surfaces, makes for a better game, faster.

better start planning on walking to the basketball games if they're going to put it in the parkin lot. Stop by my room. we'll top one off and walk over together.

plan sounds good. sounds a lot like what i've heard before. my brother went hee before me, and he heard the same crap. like 84 said, i want to know what ill see while im here.

You're right Brindle. This has been talked about at least for 10 years and probably longer.

To me the major difference is now there are plans, etc while previously it was just rumors and talk. I may be wrong but I don't recall the Athletic Director ever giving a presentation to the friends of the program about the new facilities being planned before. This is looking like it's going to happen and when it does it will be a huge step forward for UA.

It's nice to see that it's moving forward, and DP you're right, it's never reached this level of sophistication in the planning stages before. It's always been 'talk.'

I would like to hear more about the student recreation aspect of the plan. Maybe it was discussed and not mentioned here.

I think they would make a big mistake putting $200 million into that part of campus and not 'throwing a bone' to the 'regular' students. If the student recreation aspect of the project is nice enough, it will not only help raise the money, but it will make the upgrade more palatable to the entire University community. Also, the students will come down to campus more when they don't have to work out in a gym the size of their dorm room and/or share five basketball courts with the intercollegiate teams.

Maybe someone can expand upon those plans. I'm sure it was probably just an overview and there might not be details on them, but they (athletics) would be smart to put that at the forefront, at least when presenting the plans, to help spin this as a true quality-of-life upgrade for all students.

It is to be built in phase 5, which is the last one in the plan.

Just as long as they're not asking me or any other current students to foot the bill, sounds fine to me. Yet another promise that was broken to the current generation. At least someone will eventually get a new gym. My tour guide told me that it was no problem to get on a court at SUNY, but i havent balled in months.