UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Wilson: Torn ACL. Will redshirt.

Hmm...guess my Speculation was correct. Soup...I read most of your posts on the siena board...and your posts are good. THIS IS POOR REPORTING ON YOUR PART. Saying he may have torn the ACL is much different than HE DID report and HE IS REDSHIRTING.

MRI's cannot be performed under 24 hours unless swelling is non-existant (which would be impossible w/ a torn ACL.

Go ask Jack....he taught us well in his Advanced Athletic training classes!

I heard the doc's original diagnosis was a tear. The MRI will confirm 100%. It's a pretty easy diagnosis without an MRI - a couple of elasticity tests on the injured knee, compared with the healthy knee will tell the doc all he needs to determine that the knee is not stable. I hope the kid is healthy. I've never seen him play and I'm heading to the game for the first time this year. I tore my ACL and had no swelling - as have many an athlete.

Agreed Professor-until we hear from Brown everything is pretty much a rumor. The thing that surprised me with the ACL diaganosis is that in the first story in the paper Brown said it may be tendinitis. I remember when I ruptured my ACL (had it ruptured for me, actually) it was very clear to me and everyone around that something was seriously wrong with my knee. It's hard for me to imagine that a torn ACL would be mistaken for tendinitis but I guess every injury is different. Let's hope for the best.

A friend of mine said they saw Jamar at the football game this weekend. He showed no signs of hobbling around and appeared to be in usual upbeat Jamar spirits. Let's hope we hear a final word shortly. I have been impressed with the positive remarks of concern coming from the AE and Siena boards. Class move from our rivals.

"You cannot even remotely say the knee is ruptured or season ending by doing this test."

False. You can definitively say (probably with about 90% certainty) that a person has an ACL tear without performing a MRI. However, the extent of the tear, full partial etc., cannot be known without the MRI.

This is not to say that the report by "soup" is factually correct. I have no idea. But even if he hadn't gone for an MRI, they could tell him that he had some sort of tear and be fairly certain.

To all the experts and speculators - don't jump to conclusions and don't put hear say words in peoples mouths. As far as I know no one with the proper credentials called Jamar's injury an ACL.

Upon further review it seems to be some sort of Fracture of the Patella normally about 6 week recovery it's believed Jamar's recovery will be about 4 weeks, give or take a little time. His knee will be immobilized and his recovery is supposed to be complete.

I have heard from several sources that "Soup" is an informed and creditable poster. However, to come to this venue and make his initial post "Wilson, Torn ACL, Will Redshirt".....well, that is pure and simply irresponsible. To state a fact when it is purely conjecture on his part is not being informed and is certainly not creditable. If I hadn't been assured otherwise I might question his motives. Sometimes posters want to present themselves as being more knowledgeable about the program and having more inside information than they actually do........

ya dont have to worry about soup.

he is very credible.

i have been posting info back and forth with him for about 4 years on the siena boards and he usually gets good info.

he only posts what is told to him.

he does not make stories up.

course i on the other hand.......lol

rdjc - I understand what you are trying to say about "soup" but this time he jumped to fast and put himself in the soup.

His reporting of an ACL and a Redshirt for Jamar was IRRESPONSIBLE. He could have used a word like "possible" but his announcement was a definite and was the only time ACL was mentioned. Who was the team Doctor who pronounced it was an ACL???

I think when someone comes aboard and make their first post it should be a solid post. I can understand DOWNTOWN's concerns. I know soup didn't do it intentionally but it did send shock waves to the Dane Loyalists.

My stomach is still upset.