UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

RACC ROWDIES

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really not disappointed with Patch as you'll notice I posted a picture of Janev also. Just my attempt to take both the high and the low road at the same time.

I do think this part of the college game has changed since I was an undergrad or maybe it's just part of Division 1. For the most part every school that has an active student section does something like this. Antione Johnson got it alot on the road when he was at UA, maybe just because his name is so yellable. Annntwan.......Annnntwan...... Annntwan. We were at Dartmouth his sophmore year the students there were giving him the buisness as did the Northeastern students one year. I know from listening to the Lehigh game that Levi was getting it pretty good from the student section there so fair is fair.

For the most part I think they're just chanting his name, trying to throw him off his game and is all in good fun. I haven't heard anything really personal but then again I'm far enough away that maybe I wouldn't which might be for the best.

I just ask so we can pick another guy to chant after on their team. We def had fun with Santiago and Spencer last night. - GDG

I'm really not disappointed with Patch as you'll notice I posted a picture of Janev also. Just my attempt to take both the high and the low road at the same time.-DP

NoMas NoMas - Guys I just offered a candidate.

Edited by Patch

Some more good news...I made a couple deals with the Department of Student Activities and I am going to be able to put quarter fliers advertising the Rowdies in each mailbox of every student on campus.

Second, Student Activities is going to cover the cost of a FULL page ad in the ASP (Albany Student Press), the main student newspaper on campus. The ASP gave me a good deal, so we will have that ad in the paper of Monday February 14th. AND, since I we're purchasing full page space, they said they will do an article on us in the next couple weeks.

For tomorrow's game, there will be more free t-shirts, more free pizza, and I bought 30 purple and gold pom-poms from the Athletic Deprtment for a good price, so I will pass those out for those who join us. Hopefully those will prove to be useful when UNH is shooting their free-throws.

And finally, I went out an a whim and emailed Rodger Wyland asking him to mention us on some 980 AM and/or TW-3 broadcasts. Believe it or not, he sent me back in just a couple hours and said he'd be happy to promote us any chance he could. AND he's interested in interviewing me/us about the Rowdies on the UAlbany Hoop Games show...WE'RE HITTIN THE BIG TIME! :D

BTW, I love your pic Dane Pound! How'd you do that???

BTW, I love your pic Dane Pound! How'd you do that???

A bit of photo retouch magic. You can have it if you want it since you are a founding Rowdy.

Congrats! You guys were mentioned by Brown again in today's Troy Record. You're on your way to being famous in Albany and infamous throughout the AE!

Edited by Dane Pound

Hey Guys - Why do I get the feeling that we are all involved in something that is going to be special for UA and its Fans???????

BECAUSE WE ARE....the differnce this time around, is you are getting support from a small group of students, but more importantly from a group of alumni who are willing to help these PUPS grow up in any which way possible. Our job is to garner alumns and give the youngins ideas...there's is to take it to the next step w/ students. When they graduate, they will come to our growing legion of alumn and fans, while hopefully they would have left a nice foundation for the students to grow on.

The thing is, you want to get involved with your school while at school for two reason: First, it is fun. Second, so you can tell people "HEY I WENT TO ALBANY...it was awesome." The second part comes from good academics and further, whether people like it or not, from solid athletics that give the school name recognition. People want to puff their chests and say...YUP...i was there when UA upset (Insert NAME) in the first round of the tourney.

This is a start; as alumns and fans we have a duty to these athletes and coaches to keep it going....not let it die like some other startups over the years. It will take time...but my gut tells me that fans who have small children will have those children growing up Dane fans as well. It is imperative that local high schooler's and junior high school kids see the RACC ROWDIES and remember it throughout school. That way....they want some of the action.

I personally think if young kids come today...they will be awed by the crowd and the RACC ROWDIES. I also think this should be part of ANY RECRUITING MATERIALS....for our REGULAR STUDENTS....get them fired up!

Patch...you hit this sucker right on the head....I am actually proud to be a DANE these days!

You guys today all hit it on the head.

Let me add my two cents, for what little it's worth. Every generation supposedly wants to make things better for the next generation. I lived during the First Golden Age of Albany basketball. An example of this occurred during the 25-game home win streak to which I already alluded earlier this week. I was caught up in that wave back then, though I had felt little interest in basketball until then.

I want the school to experience a second Renaissance, and what we do for the rest of this season may have its roots tonight. This time around we will do it in a larger gym from the first time, and we are doing it at a higher level. The next generation can bring us to this higher plane.

Good luck tonight, Danes!

I CAN LET YOU KNOW THIS AFTER TALKING WITH THEM TODAY BEFORE AND AFTER THE GAME:

CHARLIE V, COACH BROWN AND JAMAR WILSON PERSONALLY ALL TOLD ME TO LET THEM KNOW WHATEVER WE NEED FROM THEM TO LET THEM KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!! They will help us in a heart beat.

when they all said that to me, i was extremly happy and felt alot of pride to be some how associated with them.

It was great today. Crowds like that also have an affect on the officials, that's why home teams get the best of the calls. The officials are exactly intimidated but the crowds have an affect on them. I always hope this gamescrowd becomes the norm. It hasn't up to now, but there is definitely a change in the air now that the team has improved so dramatically. It's great to be a Great dane. I wore my Top Dog in Town shirt from last year's Siena game, as this year we are!!