UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

RACC ROWDIES

So, you were the guy with the Top Dog in Town t-shirt, Alum 73. I walked past you a few times and thought "What a great shirt!"

Re the comments about the young kids, there were lots of them at the game last night - from babies, tots, and peewee bastballers to eraly teens. Looks like a base is building built.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received word today from Charlie Voelker that the RACC Rowdies will be getting their BRAND NEW t-shirts in time for the double header versus Maine this Saturday. I have yet to find out what they look like or anything like that, but I am told we will have them for the game.

This way other fans, the media, etc. will all recognize us and the force that we bring to make the RACC a place of true homecourt advantage for the GREAT DANES!!

By the way, because I'm sure I'm starting to annoy Charlie a bit with all my personal thank yous, so if any of you see Charlie at an upcoming game, be sure to thank him so he knows that we ALL appreciate what he, and the rest of the Athletic Department, are doing to help get this thing growing.

SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THE T-SHIRTS RACC ROWDIES!!! :D

I got the shirts today from Peter down at the equipment room in the RACC today. They're pretty freakin cool! I was thinking maybe they got us like 30-40...try like 150! They're yellow with purple print..on the front it says "RACC" on the top, has a cartoon type group of fans in the middle and says "Rowdies" on the bottom, pretty cool..the back says UAlbany basketball in smaller print and then says "Rock the RACC" below it..again, pretty cool.

I walked into the room and Peter introduced me from the RACC Rowdies and just about everyone down there had heard of it and was excited to talk about us. One of the guys from Athletics even offered to make sweatshirts for us all for next year if we contine to do well. They also said that pizza will be at EVERY game for us..even if it becomes us needing like 10 sheet pies..lol.

If anyone wants to stop by our section tomorrow to check out the shirts, feel free!

Brian is bringing the Constitution for the RACC Rowdies for us to hand in. I welcome all of you to come over and give us your imput. Alumni's make this work just as much as us.

I can tell you, me and brian are trying to put something big together for when mr Brennan and Coppenwrath come to town on wednesday.

I have to talk to Jamar, Coach Brown or Charlie V to see if its ok if we give Jamar a t-shirt. Him and Coach Brown are the biggest supporters.

NOW ON ANOTHER NOTE: Im gonna give the Athletic Department credit for promoting this game this week. Friday night cheerleaders were at every dinning hall trying to hand out tickets to students. Also, flyers all over for the Pizza PArty sponsored by Domino's. Broadcast adds on the University station as well. The Bookstore, which i work at, we are giving away free tickets TODAY as well.

if you all want to look for me, ill be the one in the RACC Rowdies Section with the Tennessee cap on. Brian will probably be the one with the face painted. Im going to be moving back and forth, since im doing/helping Matt and Craig with the WCDB broadcast double header. Listen to us on the radio while you watch...ITS FUN.