UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

New Stadiums

Dane96

Nevermind, I think I see them now ... I thought they were scoreboards but I think there are lights in the corners ... tough to tell becuase it's a small picture.

I thought the article was funny because it basically said Fallon gave for the success of the men's team, nothing about the women's team except that they could use the field.

From what I remember, way back when, this was actually going to be a men's only field and then they switched it...i think woman were going to share field hockey.

I like the new seating arrangements. I also think, more impt than the press box, lights are the first thing that should be added....night games with local lax players and families coming would be a HUGE SPRINGTIME HIT. Plus, we will be prepared for those night playoff games.

what i would like to see done is them put flag powels in at these stadiums with championship banners or flags on them. same for softball, football etc...
Hopefully they find a good spot to hang those four championship banners!

Something like this?

paulson.jpg

exactly like that...doesnt even need to be attached to the American Flag pole...seriously, how hard is it to put an extra flag pole into the ground? Plus, i have a feeling, the Athletic Dept would pay for the banners to show off its accomplishments.

...seriously, how hard is it to put an extra flag pole into the ground?

Don't ask.

A football alum (or parent?) donated to the football field. Those three poles were tens of thousands of dollars. Ask around and maybe you can find out the cost.

And then you'll know that it is a big deal, so put them all on one pole.

they never mentioned how many people each field can take...if i had to guess, 2k for the mens, and maybe 1k for the field hockey?

Report on Channel 10 said about 2,000 for lax and 500 for field hockey, if you believe Dan Murphy. The picture looks like more than that for FH.

As for the flag poles, maybe you don't need a 60-footer. Hang them from a wire between the the light poles. Or use shorter poles like the conference team banners at the baseball field.

ive been home for the past few days, so i havent beenable to see the news from around albany...yea im not even talking about a pole that big...a small pole if anything, just something for the fans and players to see.

Yea to me that Field Hockey looks more near 1k then 500. I was pretty close on the lacrosse field.