UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Women's Schedule Released

If this team wins 14 games this year Patterson will have done an outstanding if not miraculous coaching job.

9313[/snapback]

But aren't these mostly her players now? Trina's starting her fourth season coaching, but if the results are called miraculous given the talent she has, she'll have to take responsibility for recruiting that talent. I just hope the skinny girls have filled out, and that everyone's skills have developed in ways we didn't see on the court last year.

WCDBvoiceofUA - relax, we all hope the ladies are successful.

This year could be tough - we lost our entire front line and they were the mainstays of the team.

Patterson now has almost an entire team of her own players now and let's see what her kids can do.

The international kid's stats looks good on paper. She will have to be an All AE type for us to be competitive in my opinion.

I don't know if you can just take Sanders 12.5 minute stats and multiply them by more minutes played. She's very athletic but last season no opponents focused on her.

Peterson has size but seems very lean, I can't project her being an impact player this season.

Clark, to me, is coming off a disappointing sophmore season showing no real improvement.

Majors appears to be a solid role player at best, she can give us some minutes but I don't think she can be a lead player.

If my perception of these players are right then we are going to need the incoming class to do a great deal up front.

I for one hope I am totally wrong!!!!!!!

Thanks Patch...However I don't think I was being overly optimistic in a 10-12 win predicition. In regards to Sanders I think most of the focus will be on Schumacher and whatever 6'4" player she puts on the floor. Thats why I think Sanders can be successful. There is a lot of uncertainty with this team this season. This where Coach Patterson will have to show her abilities. Shes proved it in the past before at William and Mary. Lets hope she can show us something.

"All-star teams fail because they rely solely on the individual's talent. The Soviets win because they take that talent and use it inside a system that's designed for the betterment of the team."

-Herb Brooks

My take is:

Sanders was as good as Mookie was in her sophomore yr, so she's 1 year ahead, which is nice. Clark didn't play enough last year for me to get any idea if she improved or not. Her Freshman year was pretty good. She was hurt a lot of last year and after that, she seemed to be in the dog house. Mikus is a little slow, but OK. Thrower was improving all year. Jen can really shoot, but is also a little slow. We are losing a LOT of rebounds,blocks and scoring up front and unless those redshirts or freshmen are really good, we'll be fortunate to win many games. Hopefully we'll get some frontcourt players every year so we don't lose the whole frontcourt in one season again.

I see the womens game at Siena is the night before Thanksgiving at the Pepsi Arena. Is it part of a Siena DH? so that in order to see the game, we have to buy a ticket to a Siena men's game at their Pepsi Arena prices? Don't the Siena women generally play their home games at the ARC?

• 2 weeks later...

The women are really going to stuggle this year. I think that is a direct reflection of the recruiting that has been done since the departure of Mari Warner. This is a D1 program now, we need to get something more than 6'3, 140lbs. I have heard that Lindsay Clark is not playing anymore??? Has anyone else heard that? I think she is done and is working as mgr to keep her scholarship...kinda like that girl did a couple years ago.

If they couldn't win with who they had last year, there is no hope. All the focus is going to be on Shumaker shooting the three, there is no way she is going to be able to get some of the looks she did last year without the inside presence of Danny. I can not see one person on that team that can put a game on her shoulders and dominate when others are struggling. At this level you need a dominate player to be successful. I will be very surprised to see 10 wins.

That's too bad about Clark. Maybe her injuries from last year are more serious than I thought. I'm hoping some of the front court recruits and red shirts are able to step in and contribute right away. Replacing the whole front court seems a bit overwelming.

I think the time has come o update the roster on the web site. Maybe we're in denial.

Edited by alum73

I have always been a Patterson supporter. That said, she should consider herself fortunate to have gotten the extension when she did - looks like the women are going to struggle for a while.

Re: Lindsey Clark - i don't know what kind of injury she has, but I have never heard of a player becoming a team manager to keep a scholarship. I am not proposing taking the scholarship away but assume that it is injury related and not that she lost interest...