UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Brian Lillis injured

I assume, that means he'll miss the next month of practice, not a month of the season.

9549[/snapback]

You are correct - Times-Union story headlining Craig Forth, in the sixth paragraph, re Lillis: "He is still expected to be ready for the season opener Nov. 9 against Oakland (Mich.)." I suppose he might be a little behind in his conditioning.

I know he's rarely been mentioned this off-season but I was wondering if anyone knew if Bauman has progressed over the summer. If he's gotten stronger this may be a chance for him to get an opportunity early in the season and make the team stronger overall. Just curious because I thought he could play the point.

That's a good question DP. I hadn't given him much thought. Watching him in warm ups last season, it seemed like it took all of his strength to toss up his shots from 3-pt. range. It made me wonder how he could have had such a good record as a 3-pt. shooter in high school. I've just assumed that he would ride the pine through his career here or transfer to DII or DIII.

That is some fierce competetition for playing time. Really the only time I saw Bauman play much was in the preseason scrimmage so I don't even know what he can do. I was surprised to see in the ticket brochure they have him listed as appearing in 11 games because I don't recall seeing him that much.

His playing opportunities might open up next year with the graduation of Lou and Levi.

Although it's not anything new, Bob Weiner has an article in today's Gazette headlined "Danes' Lillis on mend following surgery" The article states that the surgery was to repair a stress fracture to the navicular bone on Lillis' right foot. It was performed by Dr. John Di Preta and took one hour 45 minutes. Two screws were attached along with a bone graft from Lillis' heel. He will be evaluated in 7 days to make sure the healing process is progressing.

The article also discusses Mike Yocum's verbal. He will make an official visit next month, having already made an unofficial visit. Yocum said he had canceled visits to Holy Cross and Colgate.